G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35c vs. EVO.8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ha i was on this ship once too... heres my $.02...

evo is a great and fast car... but 2 years down the line, you will grow out of the boy racer stage and want something with a little more finesse, and grow bored of the evo. I was a signature away from owning an evo, but then upon further analyzing, i would grow out of the evo quickly, and besides, i dont want a rally car in a place where i cant use it for what its meant for. the g was a great choice (for me) and i have no regrets. it offers everything i wanted in a car, albeit the evo was by far faster.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Just like it's been said many times over, it all depends on what you want. Test drive both cars and go with what you think is right for you.

I took the 05 6mt 298hp G35 coupe for a test drive 2 months ago and I have to agree with Finity. It didn't feel that fast compared to my 97 5- Speed maxima and I told the salesman that. He said Infinity designed it that way so that a person who drives the Maxima will adjust well when they buy a G35. I suspect the better suspension absorbs some of that thrust feel and the G35 coupe is about 400 pounds heavier than my 97 Maxima as well. Don't get me wrong, the handling was great and the car looks incredible and next year I will pick up a G35 coupe, but I was expecting more ooomph.

Last night I had the opportunity to be the passenger in a guys G35 coupe who installed the APS Twin Turbo and all I can say is that I never thought I would hear myself say 'This is enough'. A mid to low 12 second car is plenty for me. If you haven't experienced it in the G coupe with the APS TT, find someone who has one. It's amazing.

RJG35

Old 08-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Torque vs Peak Horsepower.

Cars with smooth power band and smooth torque curve will pull hard without the driver noticing it. On the other hand, high revving, low-torque peak hp machines such as the Honda 4 bangers and the Renesis will experience 'hyper speed' sensation while still get left behind in the dust by members of the 350Z/G35 family. Just because something 'feels' fast doesn't mean it is. A G35 sedan feels faster than coupe, but it isn't. A Jeep feels much 'faster' at 100mph than a G35C at 120mph. Next time wear a stopwatch and look at the speedometer.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:27 PM
this is an obsolete topic evo and g35 are totally diff cars evo is rally car with crap interior and g is flashy car with nice interior

Old 08-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
evo= $15,000 car with a $15,000 motor

Old 08-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Do you buy a car to impress that 99% of girls? Your statement about a girl LIKE Finiti35 picking the Evo over a G would be incorrect. I have mentioned many times what cars I would only pick over the G and the Evo isn't one of them. If a girl is anything like me, she would care about looks just as much as about performance. I don't care for gutted race cars with roll cages In fact to me the Evo and Sti are 2 of the worst looking cars out there and someone couldn't impress me with either even if they tried. What a guy drives (and how/if it's modded) speaks tons about his style and the Evo doesn't happen to make my "Top 100 chick magnets" list. I'd pick an Altima over an Evo too - my first car was a Maxima and now I have a G35. Next car? It will be a purdy one also. All my original post was implying is that the G is only "kinda" fast for those looking for high performance.
I didn't buy Mustang GT because speed comes in after appearance. I do think G is faster than 9 out of 10 cars on the street but it's definitely not the fastest car on the street. G is simply not made like Evo, sti, S2000 etc. Considering the displacement and HP/TRQ, it should be faster than what it actually is.

But let me say this, I buy cars that will impress chicks the most. Yes, that 99% of them.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got an 03 6mt G and my bro just got an 05 evo 8, because he is still breaking his in we havent raced from a stop but highway we did have a go and I pulled... however if you drive one you will immediately notice a HUGE difference in the two cars. The steering on the evo feels like your driving a go cart... in all seriousness... .the turning radius is horrible and you tend to hit the "wheel stop" when making u turns and 90 degree turns.. you know when you turn the wheel all the way one way or the other... i cant really describe it but go see for yourself and you will understand what i am talking about...

also the evo feels like your driving a fast civic, I know I had one, the recaro name is nice and all but seriously to put the seat back you have to turn a **** that is right up next to the mid piller between the front and rear doors which sucks b/c my hand barely fits in between... also... the evo takes synthetic oil only, the stereo is slightly better quality, his doesnt have a sunroof, no luxury accessories like home-link, heated mirrors/seats, 6 disc indash... all of the luxury items not there, and it drives like a go cart, harsh and stiff, like a civic with coil-over sleeves and adjustable dampers...

I am 22 and thinking.. "in 2 or 3 years am I really gonna take a beautiful girl to dinner at a 5 star restaurant with valet in a noisy turbo evo, or a luxury infiniti..." you make that choice

Old 08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I hadn't been the heavily-modded Mitsu. route before, then the MR would have stayed on my list of potentials a little longer. Fact is, while the EVO has better potential than the '97 GSX I owned/modded, that GSX had a better body than the econo-box Lancer platform. The G is a sexy *****. While the EVO next to you might smoke you, the key is that he's going to feel obligated to do so just to get some looks. Been there.

I know how potent the Evo can be... ...but that sort of performance just wasn't as big of a priority to me at the time I decided on the G. Besides, both Mitsus I've owned have seemed like they were filled with cheap electronics that didn't have a life span much beyond 5 years. It doesn't take long to figure out where a company, who consistently skirts bankruptcy, decided to cut costs.