G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)

Hi, I'm the guy that got taken by Infiniti in the Atlanta Area

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280424

After talking to many lawyers and getting many advice from people here, I was brought to ask myself many times why I did not just take my my stuff and left the first time my deal fell thru...

Now that a lawyer broke it down for me, the only reason Infiniti caved in to give the the interest rate I aggreed to over the weekend is that they had already paid off my trad in and they could not reverse the process without loosing allot of money so I was basicly forced to take a new car because that was the only option I had... Now from what I was told, this process is "yo yo sale".... and from what I understand, It happens very often to people like me who don't have great credit... And people go along with it... because I have a problem This problem is exposed...

Now I can prouve this because now after 1 month the dealer still can't get me approved on my old car even if they have all my info because they put negative equity on the car and they don't have a paystub to prove I make the money to cover the payments...

Can someone help me out there?

I'm in Atlanta...

more info on the process
http://www.protectinggeorgiaconsumer...20Disputes.htm

Last edited by djinferno; 08-25-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Devil's Advocate
Why do I feel like I've read this before?

Edit: Oh right the seat thing.

Well I tell all of my friends that are car shopping a couple of things. First, regardless of what happens, you don't owe any salesman a ****** thing. They are doing their job, period. And their job is to sell you a car even if that means taking advantage of you.

Second, never walk into a dealership looking to buy a car without financing from your own bank. If you let the dealer handle financing you'll get screwed.

As to your current situation I can't offer any help. If contracts are signed and you can't prove that the seat actually caused your back problems I think that you're out of luck. Hopefully your state has some consumer protection laws that can help you.

Last edited by roneski; 08-25-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not really sure how this is fraud, when you could have insisted on getting your car back before the sell was final. If they sold your car before the deal was done, that's their own mistake. Likewise, just because it would have meant more cost to the dealer to return your car doesn't mean that your options were limited in the same way that their options were.

BUT, I thought you had tried to return the car after 13 days, which would have been a done deal at that point. Just because they might work with you to make you happy doesn't mean that they have to eat additional costs to do so. That would have been the case in trying to get your old car back and letting you walk away as though the deal had never taken place. Where does fraud come in, for your particular situation?

I think you'd have a better chance at winning a lawsuit claiming that Infiniti was responsible for your back pain.

I agree with you that the seats suck. They annoy me a little more than I thought they might... ...but that's hardly the fault of the dealership. Seems lame to shift from "I made a mistake and really paid out the *** to correct it" to "I'm the victim of fraud".

Regardless of why you got a lower APR, you did get a lower APR. That's a good thing. If the seats and your back didn't have issues, then you would have done well with a low APR, correct? Didn't all of your problems and extra cost arise once you returned to the dealer and paid out the wazoo to have them take the car back and end your debilitating pain? It's clear that they took advantage of you when you said you'd do anything to get out of the car... ...but if they stick it to you after you walk in, lubed-up and grabbing your ankles, that's hardly fraud.

I guess I missed an important detail, as I'm just not seeing anything but a guy who didn't do his homework before buying, couldn't live with it so returned the car and is now angry about having let the dealership give it to you so hard. I understand the pain you were in, but how does your pain and poor choices become the responsibility of the dealership?

Last edited by GT-Ron; 08-25-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
Not really sure how this is fraud, when you could have insisted on getting your car back before the sell was final. If they sold your car before the deal was done, that's their own mistake. Likewise, just because it would have meant more cost to the dealer to return your car doesn't mean that your options were limited in the same way that their options were.

BUT, I thought you had tried to return the car after 13 days, which would have been a done deal at that point. Just because they might work with you to make you happy doesn't mean that they have to eat additional costs to do so. That would have been the case in trying to get your old car back and letting you walk away as though the deal had never taken place. Where does fraud come in, for your particular situation?

I think you'd have a better chance at winning a lawsuit claiming that Infiniti was responsible for your back pain.

I agree with you that the seats suck. They annoy me a little more than I thought they might... ...but that's hardly the fault of the dealership. Seems lame to shift from "I made a mistake and really paid out the *** to correct it" to "I'm the victim of fraud".

Regardless of why you got a lower APR, you did get a lower APR. That's a good thing. If the seats and your back didn't have issues, then you would have done well with a low APR, correct? Didn't all of your problems and extra cost arise once you returned to the dealer and paid out the wazoo to have them take the carr back?

The dealer made me beleive that I had to take delivery even if I had not taken delivery for the car yet...

Look closely at my story, when I asked for my car back for multiple days, I was told I could not do that, I'm new to the US and "Spot Delivery" is Illegal in Canada so... They used my ignorance against me...

Old 08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by djinferno
Hi, I'm the guy that got taken by Infiniti in the Atlanta Area

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280424

After talking to many lawyers and getting many advice from people here, I was brought to ask myself many times why I did not just take my my stuff and left the first time my deal fell thru...

Now that a lawyer broke it down for me, the only reason Infiniti caved in to give the the interest rate I aggreed to over the weekend is that they had already paid off my trad in and they could not reverse the process without loosing allot of money so I was basicly forced to take a new car because that was the only option I had... Now from what I was told, this process is "yo yo sale".... and from what I understand, It happens very often to people like me who don't have great credit... And people go along with it... because I have a problem This problem is exposed...

Now I can prouve this because now after 1 month the dealer still can't get me approved on my old car even if they have all my info because they put negative equity on the car and they don't have a paystub to prove I make the money to cover the payments...

Can someone help me out there?

I'm in Atlanta...

more info on the process
http://www.protectinggeorgiaconsumer...20Disputes.htm
Wow, the only YOYO in this whole deal is YOU. I am sorry but I am not going to shed any tears over your impulsive mistake. I think you need to go back to school to take basic accounting.

Listen, you walked into the dealership and grabbed your ankles. The dealer just couldn't resist. They are a business and if they see an opportunity to make money they WILL take it. That is what they do.

It is also humorous how you claim that the G35 seats "broke" your back. This is hilarious after reading how you started having back problems from all the hockey you have been playing. I am also willing to bet that you are pretty overweight? If I were you I would stop posting your sob story all over the internet. It is like taking a page out of the Wall Street Journal to advertise how dumb you really are.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Wow, the only YOYO in this whole deal is YOU. I am sorry but I am not going to shed any tears over your impulsive mistake. I think you need to go back to school to take basic accounting.

Listen, you walked into the dealership and grabbed your ankles. The dealer just couldn't resist. They are a business and if they see an opportunity to make money they WILL take it. That is what they do.

It is also humorous how you claim that the G35 seats "broke" your back. This is hilarious after reading how you started having back problems from all the hockey you have been playing. I am also willing to bet that you are pretty overweight? If I were you I would stop posting your sob story all over the internet. It is like taking a page out of the Wall Street Journal to advertise how dumb you really are.
I'm just trying to inform people on what a yoyo sale is so it does not happen for others, it's no to me and new to all my co-workers, this even happenned to one of my co workers in the past...

Call me dumb for trying to help budy...

Old 08-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Wow. I love my seats

Old 08-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Devil's Advocate
The dealer made me beleive that I had to take delivery even if I had not taken delivery for the car yet...

Look closely at my story, when I asked for my car back for multiple days, I was told I could not do that, I'm new to the US and "Spot Delivery" is Illegal in Canada so... They used my ignorance against me...
Ignorance isn't an effective defense in the US.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member

sad but true....+1

Old 08-25-2005, 03:22 PM
If you signed paperwork before taking delivery, then that would make sense. That's why I resist signing before the car arrives.

While you definately got taken by hardball tactics, I still don't see any fraud flags being raised. And, man,... ...I'd like to feel bad for you about this, and I probably would had you explained your situation and taken full reponsibility. Shifting the focus or blame away from yourself is really what has people blowing you off. You F'd up... ...BIG TIME. Accept it for what it is and stop placing blame.

You are correct in bitching about the seats sucking, but that's pretty much where it ends.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm just trying to inform people on what a yoyo sale is so it does not happen for others, it's no to me and new to all my co-workers, this even happenned to one of my co workers in the past...

Call me dumb for trying to help budy...
I think MOST people are intelligent enough not to put themselves into a situation like yours. You made a mistake, deal with it. Please just chalk it up as a learning experience instead of crying like a baby.

I can't believe a lawyer would take up a case like this. Where is this country going? You have people suing companies because they are not intelligent enough to say no?! It reminds me of those people suing Mcdonalds for making them fat. Disgusting. Trust me you are not helping anyone.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned
At least you realize your mistkaes, to bad it's pretty costly. But the whole don't sign anything would have been the best first step.....**** the pitty **** the saleman gave you. You should have laughed at him and said im sorry your broke fool

Old 08-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I think MOST people are intelligent enough not to put themselves into a situation like yours. You made a mistake, deal with it. Please just chalk it up as a learning experience instead of crying like a baby.

I can't believe a lawyer would take up a case like this. Where is this country going? You have people suing companies because they are not intelligent enough to say no?! It reminds me of those people suing Mcdonalds for making them fat. Disgusting. Trust me you are not helping anyone.

abso-freaking-lutley!

Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
life's a bitch huh?

haha a seat broke this guys back. it stood up on its' legs, extended its arms and snapped his back in half.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Well I guess that nobody sees that I asked for my car back numurous times but the dealer never wanted to give it back because they had already paid off my loan on my trade in... and yes I was stupid for beliving that I had to take the G35 at that point...

Guys keep laughting at me because my so called back broke... let it be known, I said I felted a snap... and numness, never did I say that my back broke but ho well, I guess people are always better then others when there not in the situation....

For those who care, heres an update....

Update on my situation:

Health:
So I had a chance to be examined by my doctor... he referred me to a Chiropractor, I was surprised to see that he was also the guy that handles the Atlanta Falcons... So after exams, he told me that my spine was misaligned slightly making my disk pinch a nerve... He also says that it's not pronounced enough for it to be an existing condition that I would not know about and it is most likely the cause of a sitting position...

So He prescribed a 1 month intensive treatment and a follow up once a month only to check that the problem has disappeared...

He also said that he would come to testify in court if need be....

By law:
It seems like lawyers have told me that I have a case but the fact that it's a big corporation against me, I would have to sue for like $200K for me to be able to afford the lawyer fees because Infiniti would just use there $$$ muscle to make the process long and costly, I don't believe it's my right to sue anyone for that amount of money, I'm not money hungry, I lost about 8000$ and 600$ in Doctor bills, 4 days worth of time and about 2 nights of sleep... The max I would feel would be right for me to get even in the best case scenario is $15K, I don't believe that my pain and stress equals to $120K + $80K lawyer fees So once again the little guy has nothing to say...

Car situation:
I guess that all business that does wrong eventually gets bit by there own practices... My GTI never got the financing approved by the other bank because the dealer never had my pay stub as proof of revenue so the deal can't be completed, the only problem for the dealer is that there so in a hurry to make deals that they already paid of my loan on the G35 and I even got a 5,00$ refund check but the new deal was never secured... I believe that by law, they cannot make me retake the loan from the G35 because I would have to resign a new contract (I'm not doing that) and the contract for my GTI can't be completed so the GTI is basically there car... And as I told them, this is the way you forced me to take the G35 in the first place, you paid my loan on my GTI to quick and never finalized the deal on the new G35 so I eventually had to take it because it could not be reversed... I guess that if the law goes like it's suppose to, They will come and pick up the GTI and I will be out of a car and only 4000$, my down payment

I guess what goes around comes around, I got a $35K car with no proof of revenue but I could not get financed on $18K?

Now I might be wrong but this has been a bad deal from the start so I don't see why I would help the process now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm the victim of Consumer Fraud (Yo Yo sale)