G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

SWEET!! Got my windshield replaced for $230 (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
windshield replacements are free in florida..
Probably becuase you have a hurricane every 2 weeks...

Old 08-25-2005, 05:21 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by BlackonBlackG35
Probably becuase you have a hurricane every 2 weeks...
Keep rubbing it in, I was just driving around and a huge palm leaf fell on my windshield/ roof. My car is still wet from the darn storm so I can't tell if it's scratched just yet :\

Old 08-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by TheGest
glass is glass who cares

Its not....Infinitis glass is the biggest BS in the world....my car is about 7 months old, 4K miles on the odo and my windshield has all these arc like scrtaches from the wiper blades....took it in and they said it was an isolated incident...so they wont replace the glass but they will change out the wiper blades....woopty doo, supposed to make me feel better that they are being cheap a$$es? Even though they told me the baldes didn't do it...Fin delaers....they dont wanna even have it buffed out now my glass looks like it has spiderwebs all over it...

Infiniti glass is cheap....I have had Hondas and Toyotas that have been covered by pounds of dust and dirt, parked under trees for weeks on end, and even had the wipers accidentaly run and still not ONE scratch!!!!

Old 08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I read somewhere that Carlos Ghosn (Nissan's CEO) who is known as "Le Cost Cutter" because he used to be with Renault, made Nissan switch to a thinner glass to save money.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
I read somewhere that Carlos Ghosn (Nissan's CEO) who is known as "Le Cost Cutter" because he used to be with Renault, made Nissan switch to a thinner glass to save money.
Are you asking about my new one or old one? The cracked windshield is long gone, as they took it with them.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, glass is not glass. I'm all for a cheaper non-oem replacement, but you can get some super-sh*tty glass from the discount places. Cheap glass can look all wavey and distorted, as well as *really* soft. You've never noticed a distorted windshield? A coworker got a cheap one that would make you ill after driving a few mins. My 'rents got a non-oem replacement for their LS430 and it cracked while he was rinsing it off on a hot day. Not to mention fitment issues or cheap looking non-oem shade.

So, I'm asking the brand/marking of the actual glass so if we need a good replacement, we can know what we're getting before it's stuck in the car.

/btw, I know the G's OEM is some of the worst glass Nissan has ever used

Old 08-25-2005, 06:25 PM
I disagree with glass is glass. OEM glass on my old honda was way better than the glass I have on the G, and when my window got broken out on the honda, the glass they replaced it with sucked *****.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Keep rubbing it in, I was just driving around and a huge palm leaf fell on my windshield/ roof. My car is still wet from the darn storm so I can't tell if it's scratched just yet :\

OuCh!!! and to think I complain about the BEAUTIFUL weather we have here in Southern California. i kid! i kid! I'm sure it's a bitch to live in Florida. I've only been there 3 times and I hated it. Nasty sticky weather. Come to LA!!

Old 08-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Its not....Infinitis glass is the biggest BS in the world....my car is about 7 months old, 4K miles on the odo and my windshield has all these arc like scrtaches from the wiper blades....took it in and they said it was an isolated incident...so they wont replace the glass but they will change out the wiper blades....woopty doo, supposed to make me feel better that they are being cheap a$$es? Even though they told me the baldes didn't do it...Fin delaers....they dont wanna even have it buffed out now my glass looks like it has spiderwebs all over it...
Your dealer must suck. I got a slight arc and brought it to my dealer and they payed for windsheild repair without a dime charged to me. Props to Ray Catena Infiniti of NJ.

And to the original poster: you DO realize that you could have gotten that fixed for absolutely FREE right? Most insurance companies replace or fully repair windshield damage at no charge to you, while some have a very small deductable. But regardless, $230 is an extremely good price for that!

Oh, and BTW: Did those guys mind that you stood there and took pictures while they worked on it?

Old 08-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah my insurance is wack...$500 deductible for ANYTHING.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:55 PM
if safelite did your glass its most likely PPG - like mine.

and I've already tried to say that the G glass is cr@p - glad you got yours fixed.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by heeb
And to the original poster: you DO realize that you could have gotten that fixed for absolutely FREE right? Most insurance companies replace or fully repair windshield damage at no charge to you, while some have a very small deductable. But regardless, $230 is an extremely good price for that!
not true - it depends on your policy in texas. and what deduct you actually carry.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:50 PM
How'd you score a $230 price?! I just put in the quote into their online pricing estimator and it came back $285 plus the possibility of another $70 for trim. WTF!?

What ZIP code are you in? I'll try re running it with that info.

And if by chance you have a quote, can you pm me and send it this way? Many thanks in advance... I got a chip (got after a couple of days of ownership) that is spreading (after a repair) and $500 deductible.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Black, it's great to hear you got your windshield fixed. Especially at that excellent price.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by TheGest
glass is glass who cares
a car is a car why you buy g35 not corolla ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SWEET!! Got my windshield replaced for $230 (PICS)