G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Cool or not? Driving w/headlights during the day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool or not? Driving w/headlights during the day

Today I saw this blue TL driving around with his Xenons on at 1 pm while it was sunny and 95 degrees out. Doesnt make much sense to me. I would understand if he had daytime running lights or something, but is he trying to hard to get attention? In my opinion its just annoying and screams "look at me", but who am I to judge. What do you guys think?

Old 08-26-2005, 05:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i see this all the time....its soo dumb...people think it makes them look cooler if their lights turn on in the DAY while all the other suckers only turn them on at night...go figure...haha

Old 08-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Some cars lights are on all the time unless you over ride the default setup. If lights help your visibility in the day time,like when it's raining, they should be on. Otherwise it's useless.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Ferrarimanic360
i see this all the time....its soo dumb...people think it makes them look cooler if their lights turn on in the DAY while all the other suckers only turn them on at night...go figure...haha
At least he has them on.. unlike some people who drive around with only their parking lights on. And so what if they have them on? Sometimes little things like these shouldn't even be bothered with. I personally don't turn them on during the day. I leave mine on auto, but it is safer to have them on all the time.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
At least he has them on.. unlike some people who drive around with only their parking lights on. And so what if they have them on? Sometimes little things like these shouldn't even be bothered with. I personally don't turn them on during the day. I leave mine on auto, but it is safer to have them on all the time.
Saftey first

Old 08-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
doesn't Canada require headlights (or DRL) all the time?

Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM
I ALWAYS roll with my headlights on - day or night...

My 6000k's just look way too cool

Plus, when the lights are on, you are "more-visable" other drivers - making it the SAFE thing to do. Fact.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i have heard a few cops like it when people have headlights on, just for safety reasons. When I drive my old camry around I have the lights on. I live in a college town full of bad drivers, so I figure ... why not. (The lights on it are not very attention grabing anyway, just standard bulbs)

Old 08-26-2005, 09:02 AM
bjg
turn 'em on alll the time

If I am driving w lights on people see me A Whole lot better!

Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are required in canada, but DRLs are different from headlights... Personally i'd only turn them on manually at night and only in bad weather during the day so that I can prolong the life of the bulbs. And AUTO doesn't work for me because they keep going on and off when i drive in the morning...... (Stupid tunnels....)

Old 08-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Banned
It's a natural instinct after starting the car to let my hand drift to the light **** and click it forward and i don't even have a G35. I just think it gets people to look at you i guess. I mean your gay *** noticed so it causes some visibility

Old 08-26-2005, 09:24 AM
I drive with my headlights on for safety most of the time. i did the same thing before i got my G (with my 97 200SX). I just think that people notice u a lot more like that and if u r one of those crazy drivers that changes lines like every 2 seconds having the others on the road notice u as early as possible is definitely a must.

the only time i turn my headlights off is when i drive on long trips couz i think cops would also notice me much more too ... which is never a good thing

Old 08-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Uncool. You can't differentiate the motorcycles from the cars if everyone has their lights on. Especially with headlights and not DRL's. There is a war going on between the US public and the NHTSA about DRL's. It's been going on for years.

Yes, I am a motorcycle rider.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:47 AM
some people think its for show but ... trust me so many times i would drive up behind someone and they would even notice me (during the day that is ... and i drive a Caribbean blue ... and those get noticed) and once i turn my lights on they all of the sudden see me and pull to the right so i can pass by ...

in my country we have what we call "children's day" and during that day everyone drives with their lights on for child safety ... and statistics show there are very very few accidents on that day ... so my conclusion is people should do that every day ... all the time ... it's just safer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cool or not? Driving w/headlights during the day