G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

05 Coupe TOPPED OUT'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess we should just feel lucky that no one got hurt.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:03 AM
Back in the day, I got tagged by laser for 104. Luckily didn't get hauled off to jail. Did get a Reckless citation out of it though. Good thin he didn't catch me before I backed it off though!

Old 08-29-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by da45king
they do the electronic limiter is at 155mph....but you can actually see 158 before the bog
That's right. The limiter kicks in at real 155mph not those on the speedo. The speedo always shows a bit more in all cars.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:56 AM
wow. I've never had the ***** to take it higher than 120 in my G..
when i was young and stupid I topped out my accord v6 against this insane rx7 twin turbo... i was up against hte rev limiter and the speedo was at 145.. probably dumbest thing I've ever done. I think he was even more insane though.. he was this old looking japanese guy. i'd say 40s.. he had at least 15 carlengths on me and was still pulling when I was topped out.

I did nearly get busted going over 105 by laser.
If I didn't have my laser jammer. I woulda been in jail.
and I know it worked because he pulled over my friend in a truck following me at 90.
My friend was like "Why didn't you go after that asian guy in the G35?"
Cop's response: "I wasn't able to read his speed. So I just waited to catch any cars following him"

er.. but yeah. laser jammer or not... 158 is insane on a public road.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:02 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some pixs for you guys

^that was Stock

This is TOPPED OUT going uphill tho

Pix were taken by camera phone ..

little photoshop

MODs are in sig.

Last edited by EricIsKlumzyee; 08-29-2005 at 04:08 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Ghedup_n808
That's a pretty cool pic.... good job in controlling the G at those speeds and taking a pic at the same time.

I awsome you were already on the 6th gear when you snap that pic? But I notice the "REV" light was on????
eh lol.. actually I drove like that for 15min so i took lotta pix.. most were kinda blury cause its a camera phone at night

Originally Posted by S-Tuned
ill be honest anything more then 110 and i start to get a little scared, but then again im 18 and this is my first car. Need to build up some exp. before i start to go that fast
u will be suprised -.-

Originally Posted by Eddie23
I dont't know about turns but on a straight the car is pretty stable at this speed. I'm driving daily on the german autobahns (very often no speed limits) and right after I made the picture below I had to get on the right lane to let the 911 Turbo, who was cathcing up, pass me. I'm not saying I always drive at this speed, this was only to test the limiter, but generally the traffic is a lot faster here.
lol i cant imagen having to get outta the way for someone else to pass me while my car is topped out x.x

As for the speeding thing it was the day shots were 6am saturday on the 71 south and north. the topped out shot was 60 west from corona to rowland heights.. i can tell you every major pot hole, hump, lump to avoid on that free way.. i can even show u how to exit the fullerton ramp (west) at 65mph.. but yeah i know the area well enough for me to do that.. plus like eddie said.. the car IS stable at that speed.. this isnt ur 1996 chevy camero or vette... but yeah i wouldnt recomend doing this on s-techs.. its alot bouncyer then the first time (stock)

btw i got 16mpg on this tank of gas O.O lol thats more hten what i usually get >.<

Last edited by EricIsKlumzyee; 08-29-2005 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:42 AM
Klumzyee, you're flucking CRAZY!!

Old 08-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Hahahahaha Thats My Sexy Eric :d :d :d most I did was 140 comming back from L.A around 3 am on the 10E... scared the **** outta me, and one time going to morongo there was a g sedan tailing me sick then he passed me up, and my friend was chase him! i was like eeer w/e it was late, so we were just following/leading for 20 mins straight @ like 120-130 then we saw a cop and he slammed it i slammed it but damn scariest **** of my life never gonna do that again... but sad night at morongo i used all my luck on the freeway =\ lost that night arg!!! but stupid eric. i love you still. haha!

Last edited by driftGT350; 08-29-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Funny, if this was done on the Autobahn, no one would have a problem. People keep your this isn't safe flames to yourselves. I was trying to do this on the I-10 between Phoenix and LA, but I didn't get enough room anywhere, too much traffic. I only got up to around 140. I plan to hit the ceiling sometime.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
now if you were a newbie....

Old 08-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Eric you crazy fomo..stop doing that.you making me worry
got me thinking..if my car is top out at 7500rpm and more than twice the numbers at the wheels.what's the MPH should be?

Old 08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Inno
Funny, if this was done on the Autobahn, no one would have a problem. People keep your this isn't safe flames to yourselves. I was trying to do this on the I-10 between Phoenix and LA, but I didn't get enough room anywhere, too much traffic. I only got up to around 140. I plan to hit the ceiling sometime.

That's because most people in LA don't expect cars to be going 140. About half the drivers, when they change lanes, or make turns, base their decision on whether or not to go on the other cars' distance. They don't based it on the speed that the other car is going. I see this happen at least 5 times a day driving to work.

So if you're going 140 on the freeway, you can't expect that some other car is going to take notice, and stay out of your way. Again, half the drivers are going to just look, see that you're far enough back to make a lane change based on distance alone, but have no idea what speed you're going.

When people drive this fast on PUBLIC streets then people do have a right to express their concern for public safety. If you can honestly say that if someone took out your family going 150, that you would accept the urge to go 140+ as a legitimate excuse, then my hat's off to you. I can't.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Inno
Funny, if this was done on the Autobahn, no one would have a problem.
That's the whole point of the German Autobahn - some roads have no speed limit, but drivers are aware of this and move over accordingly, plus those roads are highly maintained to drive safely at high speeds. Are you going to tell me So. California roads are well maintained?

Old 08-29-2005, 04:02 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't have as much as problem with this if you are going between LA /Phoenix/Vegas. The roads are much less packed, and there is more of an expectation of triple digit speeds there.

But I wouldn't call the 60 freeway middle of nowhere.

Although you may consider yourself a good driver, the other LA drivers are horrible. Right now on sigalert.com, I counted 27 accidents in LA and orange county. It's not even freakin rush hour yet! SUVs can't see or just plain don't care to look when they change lanes. People are too busy talking on cell phones, putting on makeup, sipping their Starbucks cappucino to take notice of a car going 150 MPH. Are you good enough to keep control of your G35 going 150 MPH if one of those drivers suddenly enters your lane?

Old 08-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
KEEP IN MIND yeah yeah i know but here:

the day time shots were on the 71 carpool lane at 6am on saturday southbound.. guys that live around the area knows =)

the 156-158 thing was comming back from Samv35's house (aka cow land -.-) - that just got me thinking.. u cant say anything sam.. who was the one that raced me to 0-140mph?..... anyways it was on the 60 carpool lane... (but took full advantage of all 6 lanes later .. also both times wasnt a 160 sprint it was 160 and cruise for about 15min.. (BTW cruise control does NOT work at that speed.. it turns on but wont set?)

lol but yeah dont do this! save the pictures and pretend u did it

some more pixs for fun:

these pixs are just for fun or else we would've never posted them.. theres also another video of 0-145mph if anyone wants to host. and THIS WAS 3AM ON SAT!! whoevers talking about traffic.. THERE IS NO TRAFFIC..

Last edited by EricIsKlumzyee; 08-29-2005 at 04:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 Coupe TOPPED OUT'