G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2006 G35 Coupe..Can u believe that!! I hate my G now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh...it's not that big of a change. I'm still happy as hell with my '03. Hell..I'm just happy I own a G35 C!!!

And don't worry...there's a lot of people out there that won't be able to tell the diff between the '06 and the earlier models and envy all just the same.

-Andy

Old 08-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Eh it looks pretty much the same. The key looks nice though.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:22 AM
It's okay. I am still happy with my 05.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:55 AM
hahaha....

I have 03

took delivery at Feb...did not come to my garage until end of March.

Mine was the one of the early built one.
the car never had "armrest" (03.5 came out with March) and of course no projector. Not even real aluminum center console.
Tire pressure guage wasn't even introduced.
Never had option to put lip spoiler nor mud guards.
Almost everyone of us 03 coupe owners paid MSRP.

It was pure test mule.
I was so upset when they introduced 05 with different goodies. But after sitting in one.. I didn't like it as much as my cheap looking console or the hard to read clock.

I am glad I bought the 03 though.
Because back in the day when G35 was so RARE. People would come up to me and ask "what kind of car is that?"
They would be so curious and excited about seeing new car.
I doubt 06 people will get that kind of attention as much as 03 coupes
Also it's still running fine after 49000 miles

You 04-06 can get whatever you want..but it won't be same as the good ole 03

Old 09-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by GTT
I have the aluminum ring in my 05.which year is urs?
GTT are you from broomfield?
hmm
I am from westminster...

Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Lightbulb

These Are Photos Of The '06 G35 Coupe WITH The Optional Sport Tuned Suspension Package [Front/Rear Spoilers, Wheels] And The Optional Premium Package [Intelligent Key]. All Of The '06 G35 Coupe Models, Will NOT Look Like This!

I Like All Of The New Changes!

Old 09-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by GTT
I have the aluminum ring in my 05.which year is urs?
Nope sorry, check again. Your speaker trim rings are not metal. They are plastic painted to look like metal rings. Check closer.

The point is that no one will ever really notice the difference.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sun35
I like the new spoiler much more so than 03-05 version but I HATE the new front bumper.

The headlights are ugly... projectors or not... i miss the clearance strip personally.

Bluetooth would be nice as would the seatbelt holders, but all in all i think they made it look less agressive. .

Also, the rear taillights look 'cheaper' imo.

I agree, but I do like the old whale tail.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If you think that this is a significant change, wait till 08!

Old 09-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Dude,

At least you have a COUPE! My wife just had to have a 4-door...

Old 09-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Sun35
I like the new spoiler much more so than 03-05 version but I HATE the new front bumper.

The headlights are ugly... projectors or not... i miss the clearance strip personally.
are you sure that the clearance strip is gone? that's not one of the changes mentioned by infiniti. i may be wrong, but looking at the 06 pictures, it looks like the clearance strip is still there.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
Maybe its just me but I seriously think the front end, especially the cross-eyed headlights look absolutley fugly. Im not sure what it is about them but the projector retrofits that ppl do on the forum look A TON better than the lights on the 06. Maybe its the high beam housing...it seems squished or just weird...idk. Im so happy I have an 03 right now. And what is going on with the square back up light ?!?!. Maybe Im the only one that thinks so but its as if the G has been getting worse and worse during each change in certain aspects. First the brembos are gone as well as the front underspoiler...im not gona mention the wheels (i hate the way the 19s look) but to each his own ..a lot of ppl like em so w/e . And now they completelly change the spoiler ...which looks like it belongs on a go-kart as far as proportions go, the headlights look a bit retarted, and the taillights ...
what a disapointment.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:00 AM
^^^ sour grapes

Old 09-02-2005, 02:40 PM
i think they improved what was already working good for the G, and fixed what had to be corrected....i like that they finally re-designed the seatbelt assembly, mine's sometimes a hassle to reach for it...i really like the projector type headlights too...now it'll be more focused beam pattern instead of scattering all over the road....

the rear wing kinda looks like the Datasystems wing now....hahaha...

....my datasystem's wing
2006 G35 Coupe..Can u believe that!! I hate my G now-06_g35coupe_14.jpg...06 wing

Old 09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
looks like the turn signal lamps in the rear also got a ring of LEDs? also, i think it might look alittle better if the trunk button was red like the rest of the housing.

i for one like the headlight and taillight upgrades, i LOVE the memory seat options. memory key is cool, but not necessary, as is the Bluetooth. they're just gimmicks really. i haven't seen anything yet that'd make my trade my 2004 for a new model.

one thing i don't like is the aero upgrades. the front bumper change is so subtle that most non-G35 drivers wouldn't notice probably (as well as limiting aftermarket front lip options), same with the side skirts. as some other people have said, i do like my whale-tail spoiler. new one doesn't look "beefy" enough for a substantial car like the G.

Nissan is taking the G's shortcomings and addressing them one by one. they're keeping most of the high points (handling, power, sporty feel, good price point) and at the same time improving other little areas (interior amenities, etc). they still need to learn a thing or two about stereos though.

i'm curious how the Rear Steering and the new steering ratio are going to affect the G's handling... i guess we'll find out.

now, if only Nissan could massage the VK45 in there, or at least a factory forced induction V6. for a "G45" or a "G35TT", i'd be down at the dealership in a heartbeat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 G35 Coupe..Can u believe that!! I hate my G now