G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My New G35... But Few Problems.. Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:07 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weather is a natural phenonenon, it's spelled whether btw.
1. Break in period is 1200 miles, keeping it below 4000 rpm
2. Have the dealer check it out.
3. Just don't do that. read the manual, it tells you how you sposed to drive

Old 09-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For 2.,
It isn't engine knocking. He mentions only when he shifts. I had ask this a while back (I heard this sound on other manuals too) so I just wanted to make sure it is still normal on the G (which it is). You can have the dealer hear it but I'm sure it is normal.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That clanking noise is coming from your tranny while engaging the clutch. You are releasing your clutch to abrutly when starting off from dead stop. You have to be smooth when starting off release the clutch gently. This is not only true at 1st gear but you have to shift and engage the clutch smoothly through all the gears. You need to practice driving a stick on a different car. With your bad driving habits you are well on your way to a new tranny before you can hit 10k.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you just blew your transmission! it's not wise to 'learn' manual on a 30k car you know.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
knocking

if you could hear your engine knocking then it's bascially dead.

most noises of that type are clutch related.. TOB?

Dont know these cars very well yet, but on most other its clutch related.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by xxjkimxx
thanks ALOT for your advise... and once again, thaks again for letting me know its ENGINE KNOCKING/PINING.. ****ing ***ch (hopefully, you know how to read)...
I was simply asking weather its my driving habit (since it is my new manual car).. and I guess you were born to be a manual driver... right?..... jesus, you just left thread here to remind me that it is engine knocking/pinging???
Sorry xxjkimxx these guys here are ******* you like that. If I was you I'll take this problem to anther forum. "NO LOVE IN DA CLUB" here.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I also have a brand new 05 coupe and when I press the clutch and release (without putting it into any gear) I also hear a "clunk".

Is this clutch just normally noisy. My previous car wasn't anywhere near this loud.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by logain74
I also have a brand new 05 coupe and when I press the clutch and release (without putting it into any gear) I also hear a "clunk".

Is this clutch just normally noisy. My previous car wasn't anywhere near this loud.
that noise is normal. every manual car does it to some degree. just the clutch openning and closing. should be most noticable when in neutral and u simply release the clutch quickly.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm going to wait until everyone's flamed you about dropping it into 1st at 40mph, and then flame you again!!!

***waits to post the "WTF would you put it into 1st at 40mph, retard!!!" ***

Congrats on the car, and don't break her too badly!! Borrow your friends car and learn to drive stick with is. Any pics?

Old 09-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Yep, the 'clunk' you're hearing is when releasing the clutch pedal too quickly. Just takes some practice.

After a couple of beers I hear the same thing on occasion. "Flame suit on."

Old 09-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
Yep, the 'clunk' you're hearing is when releasing the clutch pedal too quickly. Just takes some practice.

After a couple of beers I hear the same thing on occasion. "Flame suit on."
This is normal. Nothing to worry about. Even if you do release the clutch quickly, it doesn't hurt the car.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:21 PM
You are ALL noobs, yes even the few of you who replied. The sound is a characterisitc of the tranny. Do a search on the transmission noise and you will see. I am an excellent stick driver and hear that clunking as if it is not getting enough gas...

Old 09-08-2005, 06:08 PM
I see a lot of people here say to learn on a different car first then drive the G ... well I just got my 6mt a week or so ago and yes I drove my buddys civic around for a while which helped, but ... at least for me the feeling of a brand new clutch and way more power make you somewhat learn again, my first 100 miles werent that peachy lol.

xxjkimxx dont worry man, everybody has to learn sometime ... the most important thing is you went for it. As for your nr2 question, yea man you are releasing the clutch too quick, smooth it out. I kind of did a lot of that at first because I was always concious of the people behing me honking and getting pissed off (ny/nj people), but they I figured f'em took it easy and it was nice and smooth.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:29 PM
ya.... im curious to know why you would even want to try pushing ur car into 1st at 40mph... its for safety that it wont let you into 1st at those speeds, and definately not smart to try to shove it into 1st either. if you cannot slide it into the gear you want, its probably not right, try double clutching next time (but def not 1st).

good luck with the stick, practice some more

Old 09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Ok, I drive an auto now, but I drove a stick for 10 years prior. The manual transmission tries to block out gears that are "inappropriate". I was told that you *can* damage the transmission EVEN if you don't let out the clutch!

The transmission tries to rpm match so that shifting is smoother - if you jam it into 1st going fast you will damage this system...

That was my understanding, I could be wrong - but I would never, ever shift into a low gear going at high speed, clutch in or not. Hope you haven't fried your transmission already... best of luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New G35... But Few Problems.. Help