G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Cops on ego-trips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2005 | 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Intelligence and reasoning abounds in this thread.

Old 09-11-2005 | 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by avs007
with my last ticket, cop didn't say anything to me. Just asked if the car was mine. I said "yes". He went back to his bike. Came back a few minutes later and handed me a ticket. Before I could even start the car again, he ran back to his bike, and darted into the freeway, to pull somebody else over.

As for cops with egos....

A few years ago, I had an undercover cop pull me over right after I got on the freeway. I knew there was a cop a few cars behind me, as I neared the freeway entrance, so I was careful not to speed.

He pulled me over, and didn't ask anything about how fast I was going. He said, "Don't try to outrun me on my freeways boy".

He said I was "accelerating too fast", and that there was no need to "accelerate so fast". (Nevermind that this freeway onramp, is a stop sign with a 90 degree turn onto the freeway, with no acceleration lane )

He then lectured me for like 10 minutes on "exhibition of speed", etc, etc.
That's interesting to hear. I had an undercover detective pull me over for 'accelerating too excessively'. I didn't get a ticket and wasn't accelerating too quickly (in relation to how the G accelerates). He was bent out of shape and just sent me on my way...after the lesson of course. With cops having this much time on their hands, I'm guessing it's time for a tax cut for us.

Old 09-12-2005 | 09:17 AM
I've dealt with cool cops and not so cool cops.

Cool cop: Gave me a warning for speeding

Not so cool cop: Gave me a ticket w/max fine 12 points and possible jail time for "failing to stop for a pedestrian" in a crosswalk. But when I say failing to stop, you probably think that I either killed them or at least cut in front of them.... you wouldn't think that I let them cross and went after they cleared my lane. (BTW law states they have to clear the lane not the entire crosswalk)

Old 09-13-2005 | 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by urban
"umop apisdn w,i aw dlaH" it spells out "Help me I'm upside down" it is spelt all upside down and backwards.
There is a story behind it but I agree a nonsense sig. anyways.
Wow, now that's original. I have to give you props on that.

Old 09-13-2005 | 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Wow another winner.
I admit I sound a little harsh, but I've had a lot of bad experiences with cops both on duty and off duty and I'm typically a law abidding citizen.

Old 09-13-2005 | 11:55 AM
Even tho there are some ego maniac cops out there MOST of them are people like you and me EXCEPT for one HUGE difference...they are putting thier life at risk everytime they go on a call or pull someone over. CUT THEM SOME SLACK!

I've been pulled over by some jerks and i was super nice and they came around. BUT mostly they were all stand up people.

The hate and stupidity flowing from this thread is dsigusting....it really makes me wonder why i am posting on the same board as these small minded people!!

=(

Old 09-13-2005 | 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by MBentley
People with non-sense sigs like "umop apisdn w,i aw dlaH" should die or burn. BTW, I'm 29 and yes I hate cops. We've got g@y-@$$ off duty cops at my work who's job is to make sure we've got stupid ace badges. Meanwhile I get in with a fake badge made of paper when I forget my real one at home. Useless.
Sarcasm is utterly lost on some people. Usually those people with about as high an IQ as a used ashtray.

You fit so many descriptive bills Mr MBentley. Unfortunately with your intelligence level and given the fact that you can't understand the signature, if I were to explain them all it would be like teaching the theory of relativity to a Kindergartener. Oh and by the way my five year old understood my signature.

Let me get this straight, you hate cops because you can slip by an off duty one with a fake badge? This is priceless.

Your hostility level is through the roof. I suggest that instead of browsing this forum you go to an adult site and relieve yourself. I think it'd do you good.

Old 09-13-2005 | 12:23 PM
Um, dude. If you look a bit further up you'll see that I gave you props on the sig. I'll leave your attack on my "lack" of intelligence alone since I did attack you first. I didn't say I hate cops b/c of the badge thing. I'm simply stating that the ones here at my work are useless. Yes I do have a lot of hostility towards cops but my reasons are justified.

I would like to say that for the most part they're putting their jobs on the line to keep us safe. I've just had some very bad experiences. Now I'm off to www.S&M.com to release some of this aggression.

Old 09-13-2005 | 12:31 PM
Well the sig is not entirely my idea. However it's origins do fit not only my line of work but a little of my personality.

At any rate MBentley, here's an olive branch. I do have an interesting story about an encounter with a Charleston SC cop during my college days. I'll leave that to another thread.

Old 09-13-2005 | 12:39 PM
Most cops are A$$HOLES! Screw whatever authority they think they have.

Old 09-13-2005 | 01:20 PM
Most of these comments make me feel like I'm browsing a Honda Civic forum. Are most of you guys 16-17 or something?

Old 09-13-2005 | 01:36 PM
ive been pulled over when i wasnt speeding too. the officer stayed in his vehicle and gave all his commands to me over his megaphone. he wanted to see driver's lic, registration, etc. i got it ready. he sounded pissed. he came up to my car and took a look at all of it. he walked back a moment later and handed it all back to me. i put it all back and when I turned back he was gone. he never gave me any explanation or gave me the opportunity to ask or say anything.

Last edited by tekknikal; 09-13-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2005 | 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by eyazdchi
next time ask for his name and serial no. unless he has some reason to pull u over he cant. if he says u were speeding, ask him to show u the gun. if he actually did give u the ticket, just measure the distance between u and the guy getting the ticket u drove by, if its less than a mile, u win on his inconsistencies .. plus u could have cussed him out to all hell and he couldnt give u a ticket for it.
If they say they paced you, they don't have it on the gun so they don't have to show you. It seems like all my tickets are paced somehow. Actually you can not cus out a cop, I tried this, the ticket for that was "inobedience to a police officer". I'm not direspectful towards cops, there have just been a couple situations where I wont have someone disrespect me, especially if its not necessary.

Old 09-13-2005 | 03:39 PM
got a cop story here a good one, just protecting and serving the public.......
A friend and I are traveling from OK to FL in a rental...My friend is driving in Mississippi me in the passenger, now I looked unshaven, grizzley.cop following us for about three four miles changing lanes with us and everything, friend getting nervious, I told him don't worry we haven't done anything wrong......lights go on after five miles cop, comes over and asks for my friends ID as well as mine.....my friend asks him why you pull us over, cop says 'you following to close.' Whatever.........second cop shows up, my friend goes to the rear of the car, second cop comes to my window, asks me to get out.......takes me to the front, asks me 20 questions....I tell him I understand what you are doing, you are cooroberating our stories...(in my mind: profiling)..he leaves me in the front of the car and goes to make sure that my friend said the same thing..........he then lets us go.........Overall doing their duty, just happy they didn't give us a ticket for looking like terrorist

Old 09-13-2005 | 05:32 PM
I respect cops, but don't like them. I grew up in the infamous Rampart district of California. Just to give you a hint as to what I went through growing up. I was kickin it with a friend (Teacher) and her son. He was playing his music a little loud. Nothing to loud though. She was pregnant and the manager came out with a machete towards the apartment. Can you guess how long it took the Cops to come out?

I have had some cool cops pull me over before, but this thread was meant for people to vent, IMHO. Excuse the ignorant comments and take in as much as you can and let the rest go. Not worth responding to.