G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dear Infiniti, I think you should...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dear Infiniti, I think you should...

I think the window up thing is: insert key, turn to the right and hold there. Dunno why they didn't build it into the remote...that would have been cool.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:22 PM

Regarding the window issue,

for what reasons do you guys want to roll down the windows with the remote in the first place (other than getting rid of hot air)?

I use this feature quite a bit when my car has been sitting in the sun and I want to expel the hot air inside before I get in. Since I get in the car after that, rolling up the windows with the remote is moot.

What situation are you guys rolling down the windows and aren't near the car that you need to roll them up with the remote?

Just curious.

G35c 6MT/BS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav

Old 07-08-2003, 01:23 PM

Yah, you can go up and down with the key in the door, but only down with the remote. I just don't understand why. And if for some reason, and as a programmer i wouldn't buy this, they could only do one because of limitations, they should have the remote roll them up. Because like i said, you wouldn't have to walk all the way back to the car to roll them up. If you're rolling them down, you're usually going to be headed to your car anyways. MO.

Brian.

Old 07-08-2003, 02:33 PM

i havn't read all the previous replies but:
-Turbo / High performance package
-Better dash setup
-better sound...bose sucks...
but other than that it's a great car

SPIRITRACING@AOL.COM
<font color=red>@@.:':.:':.EAT MY DUST.:':.:':.@@</font color=red>

Old 07-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'm surprised by the # of people who bought this car wanting a BMW. If you want a BMW, buy a BMW. The G is not going to be as luxurious and it may not have as many amenities, but you compromise that for its performance and what I believe is a much more exhilarating driving experience. The G wasn't made to be a value BMW - it's a sports car with some luxury features.

<hr></blockquote>

Gotta disagree with you. The magazines tout the G as the "BMW Beater." The configuration is similar to a BMW. The price is in the same ballpark as the BMW, though it's meant to appeal to the BMW market by being lower. In that poll I did awhile back, BMW was the second choice of most G35 Coupe owners, followed by the 350Z and G35 Sedan, and then the Mercedes. I think a comparison is fair.

That said, there's nothing that a BMW has that I personally would want to pay more to have in my G35. For those who do want some of those little BMW luxuries, my guess is the $5000 price difference will more than cover the cost of getting the G modified to your tastes.

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 07-08-2003, 02:59 PM

Most of mine are common to the other's listed thus far:

1 - Memory seats. In particular, seats that will automatically recline back the way you had them before you tilt the seat back to get at the rear seat. For example, if I tilt the driver seat forward to get to the rear seat, then put the seat back, its not reclined at all, and I have to fiddle with the recline lever to get it back the way I had it.

2 - Bigger trunk would REALLY be nice. I think they should do away with the full size spare tire in return for more trunk space. I could live with runflats or a simple emergency tire repair kit like my Z06 has (and a cell phone just in case) instead of any kind of spare, much less a full size spare.

3 - Auto tilting side view mirrors that tilt down when in reverse to see the curb.

4 - Touch screen NAV system - the joystick sucks!

5 - Revised lumbar system for the driver seat. There's something uncomfortable about these seats that I can't figure out yet. They cause slight lower back pain to me (I'm 5'9", with long lengs and a short upper torso). The lumbar support seems to high to do any good. I just can't seem to get comfortable in these seats. Also, that lumbar adjustment lever thing is cheap, flimsy, and doesn't keep its position. Lumbar should be integrated into the power seat controls, electrically.

6 - Delete the heated seats. I find these useless, and I would rather have these other features instead for the same cost. Granted, I live in SoCal, but I never missed them on my old car when I was in NY.

7 - Revise the auto headlamp feature so that the headlamps go off as soon as you lock the doors. I see no reason for the headlamps to remain on for 45 seconds or whatever it is after you shut off the car. Its annoying when people are constantly telling you you left your headlights on.

8 - I still don't like the style of the dashboard. Its more like, what style? There isn't any. Some curves, tiers, wraps, anything to make it more interesting. It's functional and put together well, but its boring. The rest of the interior is nice, but the dashboard puts you to sleep looking at it. They did a great job styling the outside of the car, why couldn't they style the dashboard nicely too? I also hate the texture of plastic they used on the interior - looks cheap. They need to replicate the textures that Audi and VW uses on their interior plastic pieces. It probably doesn't cost anymore to do it that way either.

9 - Increase the depth of the sunglass holder in the overhead console. It doesn't fit many wrap-around style sunglasses like my Ray-Ban Predator 2's.

10 - Tire pressure monitoring would be nice - the 350Z Touring has this feature, how come we don't?

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-09-2003, 02:58 AM

In reply to the size of the trunk... it is small yes, but it DOES fit two sets of golf clubs!

I love the G. It is one of the funnest cars I have driven. IMO, there is no other car out there, BMW or other, in the same $ range that I would buy.

As for canges: Oh... they could change the dash light color from orange to something else. I am used to it, but it took a while. At first it was... BLAH! What the hell is this?

Just my 2 cents!

Banatoman

Old 07-09-2003, 02:33 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Oh... they could change the dash light color from orange to something else.

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, that's a good recommendation too. I think the dash light color would be great in blue, like the VW's have. Or in black light like my Z06 has.

However, orange and red is considered easier to read and easier on the eyes at night. This is why almost all airplane cockpits are backlit in this color.

Old 07-09-2003, 03:57 PM

As much as I love this car there are still some problems with it..

1. What is up with the windows!! You wash your car and 3 days later you put them down but when you role them up your window still gets wet!!

2. No gas tank opener button.. Why would I want to push on my precious paint!!!

3. I have a Graphite interior why would I have a tan interior roof??

4. The motorized seats are just way to slow.. I hate when people get in the back seat they always complain " come on "

5. memory seats.

6. Why would you put the VDC down there on a sports car!!!

7. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT!! Why is there not a 500 HP motor in there!! I dont want anyone to beat me ever this car is too NICE!! hehehe

OK the stuff I like umm seats, rims, tires, rear seats, controls, navi spot, shifter pod, handeling, performance, everything on the outside I mean everything!! Umm maybe the front facia can use a lil more sport look to it. but hey I got to stop writing or this post will take 4 ever to raed hehe good luck to all G's

P.S if you see a fellow G on the road give a wave not an attatude

Old 07-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Glad to see people agree with me on the tilt dow side mirrors.

Also, one more thing I'm surprised nobody has hit on. INFINITI, pay attention!!! You guys notice that the headlight switch should be rearranged as well. When you turn the headlight ****, it goes: auto, parking, full on. Well, I don't use the auto feature too much, but in order for me to just turn on my parking lights, I have to go past the auto switch. I live in an apartment, and when entering & leaving @ night, I don't like to blast my headlights into the downstairs apartment, so I use my parking lights, until i'm into the road. Well, being set up the way it is, I shoot a little light in for a second. This isn't too bad, but another main thing, is that this will also shorten the life of my bulbs. Point is, the setup should be: parking, auto, full on IMO anyway.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:59 AM

I read that someone mentioned that the sunglasses holder was a little small. I didn't think much of it cause i hadn't any sunglasses. I just bought a pair and holy crap. That holder wouldn't hold anything. WTF were they thinking with that? I know that's little, but to me, that kind of crap shouldn't happen with a car like this. I'm all stopped at the light, trying to put my glasses up there looking like an idiot because they don't fit. That's horrible.

Brian

Old 07-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

What's horrible? The fact that they won't fit, or that peope were looking at you like an idiot? :-) j/k

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by G35TR on 07/10/03 06:01 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-10-2003, 09:07 AM

Well, both really . Now I have to be carefull if someone asks "what's this" and pushes the button.

"Well, that there is a piece of [censored] that is supposed to be for glasses, note the notch for the nose piece which really prevents you from putting anything else in here. Unfortunately, the only fukin think you can put in there is those clip-on types. Or i guess you could try to smash the hell out of your nice, real sunglasses"

Old 07-10-2003, 12:05 PM

Z06ified

I think the Headlamp time can be changed by the dealer. I can't remember where I saw it but there is Off, 30 sec wait, 45 sec wait and 60 sec wait. Something like that. Its like other featues like the horn sounding when you activate the alarm, etc.

Mike.

2003 6MT Coupe Black/Graphite/Prem./Nav/Aero
1994 MR2 Turbo 5MT Black/Prem.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:27 PM

Oh really? Cool!! Thanks for the tip! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I really want that horn beep off too when I hit the lock button. I'll take a look in my manual, and if I can't figure it out I'll have the dealer program it for me.

Thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dear Infiniti, I think you should...