G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dear Infiniti, I think you should...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Infiniti, I think you should...

Had my coupe for just over a month. Really love it. Great car; excellent value for the money. However, I've got a few nit-pickey suggestions for the Infiniti folks to consider:
• put memory seats/mirrors on the coupe (sedans have it)
• use better front brake pads - wheels get dirty in 10 minutes
• dash buttons for temp up/down and audio volume up/down should be round *****, not push buttons
• move foglights to bumpers - with fogs in headlight pod, on-coming drivers think you've got your brights on
• steering wheel should telescope in/out as well as up and down
That's it for me. Let's hear some more!

Old 07-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Re: Dear Infiniti, I think you should...

Stop making everyone stare at the car so much. Else, I will be responsible for many accidents. I need some privacy.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:38 PM

car should come with a supermodel in it

CARMEN ELECTRA! HAAHA

Old 07-07-2003, 09:46 PM

What if you already have one?

Old 07-07-2003, 09:59 PM

i agree with the brake pads, they get your wheels dirty quick, and i think we need brembo's on all models, faster CD changer, and maybe a bigger trunk somehow

John H.
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT-Ivory Pearl-Premium Pkg-Performance Pkg.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello: i really have no complain bout this car, before i was shopping around for this car there are few things that bother me a lil, but after i had decided all those lil things i can leave with, so i went ahead and purhase it, yes it can be lil better, but overall the car is wonderfull thats what counts and the value you are getting is unreal...every time i saw an 330ci, i said to meself i could've spend 6000 more to buy THAT car...(maybe isnt too late to trade G in for a over priced bimmer).

btw...the trunk is acutally large and deep, today i took spare tire out, on both side of tire there are two black cupboard thingin, if you take those out, you can fit lots of stuff...like 3 10's, two very large amps and second battery, still will have plenty of room left for kegs... well maybe 6 pack......s.w.

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 07-08-2003, 12:55 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Exactly the post I was looking for. I've had my Coupe for about 2.5 months now, and here is my list:

1. Definately agree about memory seats/mirrors.

2. Ditto for more steering wheels controls. Also, put the power control from the FX in!!! That is awesome.

3. Definately agree on the ***** as well!! The up/down buttons are too slow.

4. How about some damn speed-sensitive wipers!!! I hate having to adjust them everytime I stop at a light, then again when I start to speed up.

5. HUGE additions!!! Auto reverse, down-tilting mirrors like the Acura's. This car is a little more difficult to back up then my ex Maxima. Seeing the parking spot lines really help. Find myself opening the door and looking back to get a perfect, one-shot reverse park job.

6. Remove the auto-AC on feature when front defroster is turned on.

7. Louder turn-signal audible indicators. They are kinda quiet, and occasionally catch myself leaving them on.

8. Mechanical switch instead of electronic on the VDC control button. (or put VDC button on steering wheel or shift ****)

Now for some features that I really like on my Coupe that I didn't have on previous cars:

1. 280HP :-)

2. Auto up and down on both windows and sunroof. Maxima only had auto down on driver's window, which made sunroof a PITA!

3. Trunk Struts.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:40 AM

1. Memory seats.
2. Alarm remote controls the windows to open/close.....what about the sunroof? I sometimes forget leaving the sunroof tilted.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:58 AM

it has trunk struts......hood struts would be nice also
memory seat for sure
mirrors adjust too fast (i know the car is fast but slower mirrors won't hurt it)
would like a subwoofer
more headroom (i'm not that tall 5'9")
even more power (always want more)
lower price (why not dream)

Old 07-08-2003, 10:18 AM
cSc

I think you hit up all the issues I had...

I just switched over from a 330Ci to the G35. I figured, everyone and their mother has a BMW 3-series, and most ppl wouldn't know the difference between the 330 and the older 323, etc... The G35 on the other hand, a little more unique (for now...)

Issues:

1. Trunk, such a tiny trunk, reminds me of the Mustang... I can barely fit two pieces of luggage in the trunk... forget about the two golfbags... I asked the salesperson about that and they said "Uhhhhhhh"

2. Change that automatic rear-seat access method in the coupes. They should learn from the BMW folks on how to design a seat with memory settings that still allows easy access to the rear seats. Maybe it's a weight issue? *shrug*

3. More interior lighting. Again, look at the BMW lighting...

4. Better high beams. Again, look at BMW... I've seen some posts about those PIAA lights. I need to look into those.

5. Automatic fold-in mirrors would be nice (BMW M5), but at least do the reverse tilt/down action like the rest of the BMWs (and per other posts, Acura). I think I got to dependent on the tilt/down action. For now, if it's a tight spot, I manually tilt it down. Dumb, but hey, I'd rather move the mirror and burn out that motor vs. getting road rash on my rims. You make the call.

5. Remote opening of the moonroof, just like the windows. Another thing they can learn from BMW...

Heck, for all my complaints, I should have gotten another BMW, but I'm trying to save money, not spend it all now... You'd think that "Infiniti" is supposed to be the luxury line of Nissan, yet they still lack in many "luxury" areas...

Still, it's a heck of a lot of fun to drive

--Chris

--
2003.5 G35c 6MT | CaribBlue/Graphite | Premium | Aero | Tinted Windows | Aluminum Pedals

Old 07-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on the brake pads. The brakes are outstanding, but wow do they make a mess. Also agree on some sort of assistance in backing up, I still have no idea where the rear of this car is (fortunately, the problem is leaving way too much space rather than hitting stuff). Also agree on the weird, mandatory a/c settings when you defrost, and more importantly when you hit the button that recycles air in the cabin. What if it's a cold day but you're stuck in a traffic jam in a tunnel and don't want to breath in exhaust for 20 minutes?

Disagree on fog lights, mostly for the looks. I haven't had anyone flash me for having on highbeams. I think memory seats are a good idea, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay any money for them because I never use them.

My additions:
1. Reverse the center console. You can see from the Japanese photos that it's set up for a right side driver. All the most important controls are on the far side for a left side driver.

2. Reverse the manumatic directions. I still screw this up when I get excited. Don't most cars have this the other way around, or did I just drive the quirky ones?

3. Make the "titanium" trim center console a removable option in all configurations. I'd have been so disappointed if I was forced to have that abomination in my ride.

4. Bose sucks. Use anything else.

5. Smaller keyfob. All I really want is a one-button, lock-alarm/unlock toggle. Or at least a better looking keyfob that doesn't look like it unlocks a Sentra.

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 07-08-2003, 11:22 AM

My only complaints are the clutch pedal and the seat controls dig into my thigh. I've never driven with a hydraulic clutch before. It doesn't feel natural and it's set way too high.

If I could add anything the reverse mirrors would be good. I don't have a problem with the Bose system. The brake pads are a performance pad which causes more brake dust. Switch to ceramic pads if you want less dust. They probably won't brake as well but you will definitely get much less dust. Switched to those on my Prowler and it made a huge difference.

One thing I found weird is you can lower the windows with the remote but how do you make them go back up? Kind of lame having to get in and turn the car on to put em back up. I must be missing something.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:33 AM

Hmmm...I'm surprised by the # of people who bought this car wanting a BMW. If you want a BMW, buy a BMW. The G is not going to be as luxurious and it may not have as many amenities, but you compromise that for its performance and what I believe is a much more exhilarating driving experience. The G wasn't made to be a value BMW - it's a sports car with some luxury features.

Me, I don't mind the lack of memory seats, the not-so-nice high beams, or the brake dust. Because at the end of the day, it offers me 10X the driving experience by buddy's 330 does.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:37 AM

I agree. I think that's the goofeyest thing on the car. Remote windows down, but not up. You'd probably use the remote up, more than you would down anyways. For those times you forget to roll them up before you get out. Boom, no problem.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:51 AM

if someone wants a bmw then they should get it. but, the G has MORE amenities than the bmw. the bmw is classy but sparsly furnished.

yes, maybe the G doesn't offer all the memory seats the bmw offers. but the bmw offers them... for $$$$$$

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dear Infiniti, I think you should...