G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

IT'S OFFICIAL! I own my car outright!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i paid my car off a year after owning it.. bought a half million dollar condo and was actually forced into paying the car off so i could afford the home. i lost the majority of my spending cash, but at least i know i am paying towards something that is beneficial. i will be buying a bmw x5 outright in the next couple of weeks, without taking an equity loan. i am only 23.. it's all about money management, what you do for a living and taking advice from those that are successful. i could not have done it at 19, but more power to people that can..

fyi, if you can pay off the car and put money in an IRA, it will be much more beneficial at tax time then some small car payments (because you can only write-off the interest on those payments).

Old 09-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Congrats Randy... i wish my car was paid off.... *sigh*

Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by neffster
I only know what you tell me Randy. You posted that you refinanced your house here on driver a few weeks back. There was another newer member who questioned you about refinancing your house to pay off your G and you bashed him. You went on to say that none of the long time posters questioned you for your decision and acted as if we supported you by being silent. Well here's what I've been seeing from you lately...

*In this thread you are picking on a young kid for NO REASON. He made a decision and you rag on him for it. What's good for the goose Randy...
*You lead me to a G/B for a bad knock off bumper. When I PM'd you several weeks later you blew me off. Fortunately I was shown a thread in a forum that I never visit by a FGC member telling me that the knock off bumper was bad.
*You have been questioning my integrity in multiple threads (whenever I post my FI numbers). What type of dyno, accusing me of adding percentages to my numbers, etc...
*You have questioned me for posting about having problems with my dealings with Grubbs Infiniti telling me it's my fault that they are jerking me around with shipping broken parts, not calling me back when they said they would, telling me I'd be double billed for damaged delivered items, etc...
*Now you're jumping on me for NOT RAGGING ON YOU for making a decision that I personally would never make.

You've got my phone number if you want to talk.

I guess you don't own any energy or oil company stocks?
*In this thread you are picking on a young kid for NO REASON. He made a decision and you rag on him for it. What's good for the goose Randy...
His reply was VERY troll-like in that he adds at the end "I'm only 19"...if I read that wrong, my bad.
*You lead me to a G/B for a bad knock off bumper. When I PM'd you several weeks later you blew me off. Fortunately I was shown a thread in a forum that I never visit by a FGC member telling me that the knock off bumper was bad. I never LEAD you anywhere. I was stupid enough to get into this thinking that all who participated in the GB would be getting a great deal...we all got dupped and I never blew you off. If anything, I told you to call the guy up directly with questions because I didn't have the answers...would you have preferred I lied? I've wasted SO much time on that darn GB and am still working with the vendor to make things right for everyone....and this is the thanks I get.
*You have been questioning my integrity in multiple threads (whenever I post my FI numbers). What type of dyno, accusing me of adding percentages to my numbers, etc... I never questioned your honesty, just asked how you came to your numbers because mine were drastically lower...this was before I realized you had the smaller pulley...again, my bad
*You have questioned me for posting about having problems with my dealings with Grubbs Infiniti telling me it's my fault that they are jerking me around with shipping broken parts, not calling me back when they said they would, telling me I'd be double billed for damaged delivered items, etc... I never questioned you but rather tried to provide you with a way to get ahold of someone who would help you, thus the remark "contact me if you have anymore issues"...and I believe Mark explained himself in the thread too.
*Now you're jumping on me for NOT RAGGING ON YOU for making a decision that I personally would never make. I don't get this remark since you never knew the whole story... I'm 28 yrs old, have owned 3 different homes and the G is my first NEW car. I do have other investments (401k, SEP IRA's, etc.) and know how to make intelligent, well thought out financial decisions based on my situations. And, I've done it all without the help of anyone except the good grace of God.

The bottom line is, there has obviously been a lot of misunderstanding on both of our parts. If I offended you in any way, I apologize.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:56 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by KPierson
Yeah, I forgot to add, I earned my money in the oil industry

And, its pointless for me to buy a house when I'm single and on the road 300 nights a year.
there are cases (like yours) where it would not make sense. Especially if your parents are willings to let you stay there. Heck, if I wasn't married with children, I'd do the same!

Old 09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Congrats

Old 09-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Me too.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM
can we all just get along .. lol

Old 09-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
welcome to the club! I paid mine off in May of this year. No more payments!!!!