G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Shady Dealership Infiniti SOUTH BAY!!!!!!! PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shady Dealership Infiniti SOUTH BAY!!!!!!! PLEASE READ

This is to hopefully prevent this from happening to anyone else. Also, if anyone has suggestions feel free to chime in...
Bought my coupe from them w/out a spoiler. In the agreement of the car purchase, I would pay $700 for the factory spoiler w/installation. Everything was perfect until a few weeks ago when my LED's on the spoiler died. Took it in to the dealer and had them order the new part. Then they go to install and realize that it is not a factory spoiler but an aftermarket spoiler!!!!!! The dealership thought they could be sneaky and give me an aftermarket one without me knowing. What do I do? I know that it would never cost this much for an aftermarket spoiler. I have to look at my paperwork tonight to see what it actually says. How should I handle this?

Old 09-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Tell them you want all of your money refunded or your just going to have to call up your lawyer.

Goodluck man!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, the aftermarket look alike spoilers are not made well. You are lucky it is just the brake lights out and not leaking yet.

You should call the selling dealership and tell them you want the OEM nissan one, that comes with the trunk struts and underbody diffusers. They will have to give you a new trunk lid too, since the OEM spoiler mounts up totally different.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, I had my dealership install the spoiler too when I purchased the car. How would I be able to tell if its aftermarket? Remove the lining from the trunk?

Old 09-13-2005, 08:04 PM
If they did that, I'd be worried more about the hole pattern and whether they sealed it correctly (i.e. rust devolping, etc...) ask them for the copy of the PO (purchase order) and verify that it is ordered through Infiniti Corp with the exact OEM code or else call Infiniti and complain about this before you call a lawyer. Infiniti corp doesn't like the dealers and vice versa...they are "usually" much more customer oriented than dealers are.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:18 PM
The only reason I was able to figure this out is because the service guy called me up and said that the LED's that he had ordered were for the factory spoiler and not for an aftermarket spoiler. I have to look for the paperwork tonight and hopefully it says Factory spoiler on it. I will keep you guys updated...

Old 09-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How would I be able to tell if its aftermarket?
you should compare the brake light in it to an OEM factory one. Look closely at it and you will be able to see the difference in style of the brake light assembly. Also check the inside of the trunk lid for visable holes on the sides that were plugged.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Damn...my due bill only states "install rear spoiler" so I don't know if I can prove anything! Anyone have any input? I guess I was only charged $500 for the spoiler w/installation. That is kind of steep but not outrageously expensive. The problem is that I wanted to pay more for the factory spoiler because I wanted to avoid problems like this where the LED's go out within a year. If anyone can help me with what I should do that would be cool. Thanks

Old 09-14-2005, 12:40 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would just tell them. Say you agreed to have the Infiniti spoiler installed, and they installed another one. of course you make the safe assumption that it is a factory spoiler!

Old 09-14-2005, 01:19 AM
you know what.. my LED lights died too.... only a lil more than a year... I once suspected whether it is an OEM or aftermarket... How do I tell the difference?

shoot... I bought from Costa Mesa and my car didn't come w/ spoiler, so I bargained that they gave me free spoiler (quoted $550 I think with installation because they would charge me as if the car came with it) instead of subtracting money from MSRP... shady.... Hopefully mine is not aftermarket or I will be gone mad!!!!

Mine said due bill with due spoiler... did not specify that it is from factory or aftermarket. However when I negotiated with the dealor, neither was I told nor did I request that an aftermarket spoiler be added on. I don't care how much they charged. If I find out that this is not the OEM spoiler, I would definitely do something even if they gave me for free in the first place. I wanted everything OEM not some cheap aftermarket lousy products.

I would check out my spoiler at a different dealorship and let you guys know what's up.

Anyone who ever experienced the same please share your story with me. =)

Last edited by ensheep; 09-14-2005 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:33 AM
mine didn't come with a spoiler either. That is why I am afraid because on the due bill it says that no oral promises were made with my initials. I don't know if I can do anything to prove that it was supposed to be a factory spoiler. I had no idea that the dealership would even sell anyone an aftermarket replica of their stock spoiler. You would think that they would only sell their own since they could get the most mark-up

Old 09-14-2005, 01:44 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yes, of coures you will assume it is a factory spoiler. that would be ridiculous to assume not.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:34 AM
when I was talking to the dealer about purchasing my car...they said for 500 they would do a replica spoiler and no diffuser, or 700 for the factory spoiler and diffuser. My dealer was honest with me and I told him I wanted the Factory spoiler and it said factory spoiler on the invoice. Don't know if that helps, but that was my experience

That was discover Infiniti...

Hooman

Old 09-14-2005, 05:13 AM
what diffuser...? @_@ may i ask?

Old 09-14-2005, 05:24 AM
Their is some underbody diffusers that you get with the factory spoiler!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shady Dealership Infiniti SOUTH BAY!!!!!!! PLEASE READ