G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Your car at first sight???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your car at first sight???

What was the first thing to come to mind when you saw your G?

Old 07-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Re: Your car at first sight???

These were my first thoughts:

Wow. That car is nice looking but the interior looks a little cheap.Too bad I can't afford it.

I ended up biting the bullet over the TSX, but I have bee quite please with the car so far.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:43 PM

"Hot chicks, here I come."

And on the cheap interior comment, I've gotten many good comments about the console design.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:46 PM

when i got my car the coupe had just been released and i had never seen it in person. When i saw it was like my god that car looks like it should cost 40 grand it is amazing. My next thought was holy [censored] this car sucks *** in the snow.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't that impressed when I first saw it. It was under the nasty lights of the service area being prepped. Covered in dust/dirt. I didn't have them wash the car. But when they rolled it out in the sunlight!!! OH MY FOOKING GOD!!! I can't beleive that's my car!! I still get surprised I own this car.

My first photo after a wash on that day, for some reason, it's still my best shot 6 months later:

Old 07-08-2003, 11:17 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When I saw the Sedan early in 02, I fell in love. But when I saw the Coupe later in the year -

When I drove home in a snowstorm Jan 7th, I thought this ain't no winter ride. (at least not without snows)

Then I thought, hmmmm, summertime = CHICK MAGNET. Yes........
Well here it is mid summer and I'm still twiddling my ahhhhhhhhhhh thumbs lol. Maybe I'd better and get out and more. LOL
Still love the ride as much as when I first saw her. One gorgeous creature.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 07-09-2003, 02:25 AM

When I first saw it I was like no way I can't believe they're letting me drive home that day and worrying abou the paperwork later.. Then when I drove it home I had a celestial feeling all the way. My mother flipped out of course.. Other then that I'm still shocked at times I still have this car...

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-09-2003, 09:52 AM

It was love from first sight, test drove it and bought it the next day. Puts a big smile on my face every time i get in it.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:31 AM

"What was the first thing to come to mind when you saw your G? "

When I first saw the G35C:

I was at the NYC car show, and within a few moments my clearest thought was "this will be my next car". I even said that to my brother and his son before I showed it to them a couple of hours later.

Before the show I had zero intention of buying any new car any time soon. I drove my G35C off the dealers lot less than two months later.

When I first saw my OWN coupe at the dealer my first thought was:

This is the coolest %$#@#$ thing I've ever seen...and I GET TO TAKE IT HOME!!!!

And here I am posting about it over a month later, still totally under its spell...

Old 07-09-2003, 10:44 AM

Absolutely Gorgeous.

Honestly, I was waiting on a BS or IP but the dealer called me to just take a look at black and when I saw it, it was love at first sight. It looked incredible. Took it off the lot and haven't looked back since!

Old 07-09-2003, 11:59 AM

Ok I can honestly say there are a lot of nice cars out there but when I look at my G all I can say is for the money this is without any doubt the nicest car Iv ever seen!!! I had a G20 b4 this and in 2002 I was complaining to the salesmen how slow this thing was and why didnt they put a bigger motor in it and then it happened he told me about the G35 seden and I was like WOW 260 HP!! So I got excited but when I saw 1 I was kinda disapointed but then he told me that there was a coupe that was a lil diff with 280 HP I was like where do i sign.. So In december I went into the showroom and there it was.. A 2003 Black on Black coupe with aero and navy with the 18 inch rimmers.. WOW didnt want to leave the showroom without that car cause it was the same exact 1 that I was about 2 minutes away from ordering... So there you have it my G life story and to some it all up all I can say is I love this car!!

Ohh yea about price that was no option I had to have this car but Its cool to see people that dont know cars think this a 60K car hehe

Old 07-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can honestly say this is the best car I have ever owned. I first saw one on the freeway around last september. Followed the guy for a few miles just tryin to figure out what it was. Then I went to infiniti's site and saw it under future cars. I have to say I wasn't too impressed looking at it online.

I had already seen the 350z and liked the look more even though the specs were the similiar. Then something weird happened. I friend of mine whom is a photographer came to my house a month before my birthday. He told me had an early present. He pulls out a fold out advertisement flyer. He said a friend of his had worked on it or something.

It's several pages long and shows a little "Red"-Headed kid (Like me!) on the front shining his new "Red" push-pedal toy race car. The rest of the advertisement pages shows him growing up and loving his race cars all the time whatever they be (Like me!). Then the last page says "Guess you have been waiting for this all your life..." Then it says to un-fold the flyer. So I unfold the whole thing while my friend is giggling the whole time. It just keeps unfolding till it becomes this huge 3ftx2ft poster.

And what's on it? THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LASER RED G35 COUPE YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE. In small text at the bottom it says "So have we.... The New 280 HP Infiniti G35 Coupe". I just stood there with my mouth open. He said happy birthday man, I think it's a sign. It was.... At the moment I knew that the gods had decide this was going to be my next car, period, no matter how poor or destitute it made me, he he.

After seaching for two weeks I found one hiding in the back-lot of a local dealer. Something about that car in red just did it to me, like a Beautiful Girl in a tight dress, sultry, like Jessica in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Ok enough of the **** novel. I drove it home that day feeling like the Gods had smiled upon me. The feeling is still there friends.. Peace. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 07-09-2003, 01:03 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

funny thread.....and great story Red!

My salesman was hiding my car in the back of the dealership, behind his 2002 tahoe XL hehe
So when he pulled it out up front to me.....my first thoughts were "WHAT THE HELL! THATS NOT MY FREEKIN CAR! I ORDERED diamond graphite paint, NOT desert platinum!"

Upon further inspection, i realized that it was indeed my car and it was indeed DG. The amount of light really does affect the paint color...such a drastic color change. Gotta love it!

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-09-2003, 01:41 PM

"Something about that car in red just did it to me, like a Beautiful Girl in a tight dress"

Mine's Diamond Graphite which I'm nuts about but I have to admit the car looks fantastic in red, the best of the solid colors IMO (and I count Ivory Pearl as a solid since it basically looks that way to me, which is not to knock it). If I didn't mind the "loudness" of a red car that's probably the color I would have chosen.

Old 07-09-2003, 01:55 PM

My first thought....

WOW YOUR COMING HOME WIHT ME

thats the same thing i said to Carmen Electra too when i saw her in the car next to me on Rodeo Drive. I didnt have the same luck with her as i did with the G35

-Armen
"One day as a Lion, Rather 100 years a lamb"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your car at first sight???