G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rear diffusers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear diffusers

Is it possible to purchase these separately? My G35 Coupe did not come with the aero package, but the dealer said they can only order and install the rear spoiler. The rear diffusers can only be installed from the factory. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rear diffusers

I bought my diffusers with my wing after I bought my car. You can put the diffusers on yourself, it's easy. As for the wing, I did it myself also but just be ready to drill 9 big holes on your trunk lid. =)

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 07-09-2003, 01:09 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

sweet, how much were the diffus0rs, im interested!

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-09-2003, 01:29 PM

I dunno how much the diffusers are separately since I bought them in a package with my wing. I got the full wing (Pre-painted), underbody diffusers, extra set of trunk shocks, and template, all OEM NISSAN parts for REAL cheap ($250 shipped) on ebay.

I know someone is selling the diffusers, morelikey grubbs if I remember right.

I'll PM you if I have more info.

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 07-09-2003, 01:36 PM

Are the diffusers just the small pieces in front of the rear wheels? or is there more to them?

Brian

Old 07-09-2003, 01:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just happened to have that info at hand. See pic of parts, hardware, and of BOS with necessary #'s.
These are Canadian prices and P/N's but the dealers south of the border should have the corresponding US info.
They're installed now ,(cake), but haven't had the opportunity to photo the install.
I'll bet it raised the top speed by 1 or 2 mph (not verified) and increased my gas mileage shall we say 'marginally'.
Only a true fanatic would bother with this. LOL

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

71903-Aero Faring BOS.jpg

Old 07-09-2003, 01:38 PM
O.F. Administrator

and the faring pieces:

71904-Aero Ferring-G35 Coupe.jpg

Old 07-09-2003, 01:48 PM

Where are those located at. I'm not confident that my dealer didn't screw me on this. The car wasn't coming from the factory with a spoiler or splash guards but they said they put those on as the areo package (the one w/o the chin). I asked about the underbody diffusers and he said they were already on. I didnt' understand how they were but the spoiler and that wasn't. How can I check if I have all the pieces for the underbody diffusers. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:42 PM

There are 4 pieces, 2 shown above on GSM pics and 2 others that are placed in the rear near the exhaust and wheelwell.

The 2 on GSM's pics go in front of the rear wheels. What these diffusers do is guide air pressure out to the sides of the car instead of keeping them under the car.

Old 07-09-2003, 03:25 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

oh ok, what is that piece in between them....looks like a wrench!

heheheheehe
thanks guys, i will use this to order the parts!

G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-09-2003, 03:37 PM

You aren't mocking me are you?

But i'm pretty pissed that i STILL don't have my spoiler or splash guards. I should stop by there today and ask them where the hell they are.

Old 07-09-2003, 03:57 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

oh no no no nonnononooo....not mocking, was actually geared towards Ray and GSM's comments hehe...

I've emailed Grubbs and requested a quote for the entire 4pc. diffusor w/ bolts+nuts

GSedanMan has told me that the other 2 diffusors are really small and that they dont do much...that is why he only bought the 2 main diffusors (as shown in the pic and invoice).

Good luck w/ getting your stuff man, the more you complain, the faster they will work! (Usually)

G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-09-2003, 03:57 PM
O.F. Administrator

bfos7215, OK they're located in front of the rear wheels, close to the outside. One of the edges actually follows the contour of the wheel well..
About mid point of the 2 diffusers is the resonator (which looks like a small muffler)
These diffusers are quite irregular in shape but they are each about a foot square and fit flush with the floor pan. If you look at the pics of them, the 'dimples' (3 in each) are the mounting points.

RR. the wrench is to give some sense of size only. I couldn't find my rule.LOL

Old 07-09-2003, 04:06 PM

Wow this is great info guys thanks! I will print out this thread and show the dealer.

Old 07-09-2003, 04:16 PM

Thanks. I'll take alook at my car the best i can. Not much room under our cars though My dealer told me that all 6mt (or mabye all 6mt/perfomance) came with the diffusers already, even w/o the areo package. This didn't make sense to me. Why would it be included in the specifics of the areo package if it was already included on the car? He said that's just how it says it. That could be true, because I've seen other discrepancies in Infinity documentation, but I don't know. This is what sucks about the car market. There's really no way for the consumer to know if he's being screwed or not. Did I get all the options i payed for? I don't know? and with discrepancies like this, it's hard to tell.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear diffusers