G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

INFINITI CONSUMER AFFAIRS - Experiences???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
INFINITI CONSUMER AFFAIRS - Experiences???

I have posted this question on FA as well.

Has anyone actually had any RESULTS or a problem resolved by calling Infiniti Consumer Affairs?? I am beginning to suspect they are a fancy call center that just logs customer complaints. I haven't actually called them myself.

If you have, please post the nature of your problem and the resolution.
Thank you.

6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero

Old 07-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: INFINITI CONSUMER AFFAIRS - Experiences???

I made several telephone calls to the Infiniti Consumer Affairs center concerning events surrounding the purchase of my G35c. A representative named Rose at the call center spent a great deal of time on my behalf researching my issues and helped me immensely. She was very polite throughout and did her best to provide me with the most up-to-date information and the solid facts surrounding my situation. Her help in the matter revealed several misrepresentations that were being made by a local dealer where I had initially placed a deposit. This enabled me to select a different dealer who was more appreciative of my business and was less inclined to mislead in order to make a sale.

To top it all off the original dealer later called Rose's supervisor and verbally reprimanded the entire Consumer Affairs department for not being "team-players" and thus costing them a sale. Despite the fact that consumer affairs simply provided me with the honest facts thus enabling me to make an educated decision regarding my purchase.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, yes i remember your post, about the central florida deposit deal. the ol' "it fell off the truck" story right?

-thanks for the post.

Old 07-10-2003, 10:58 AM

I had a problem with an Infiniti dealer also. Here's what happened: I placed a deposit for a G35 Coupe in July and ordered the car exactly as I wanted it. I kept on calling them for almost two months wanting to know when the car would come in, and they kept on saying "No it hasn't come in yet."
Then one day in November I called in and they said "Somehow, mistakenly, your car was sold." I was really pissed.
Luckily I found a dealership elsewhere in Southern California (Cerritos Infiniti - they're a cool bunch) and I found a car with more stuff and they agreed to do the deal for a lower price than I had agreed on with the previously mentioned dealer.
After that happened, I called Infiniti consumer affairs and threatened to sue (believe me, this ALWAYS helps) and they offered me an extended warranty for my trouble.
I don't know if this happens all of the time, because my case was pretty flagrant I think. (BTW can I say the name of the BAD dealer? I don't want to get in trouble for defamation, but there's proof that they did what they did. I don't know what the policy of this website is.)
So, if you can twist arms a little, they will be helpful. And they were pretty quick too.

Coupe/6MT/Silver on Black/LOADED

"It's a Joshi thing"

Old 07-10-2003, 11:59 AM

Interesting, same thing here in Nashville. They actually told us that the car they had said was "coming in" and was "available" had been mistakenly labeled that way on the board...and had been sold to the President of Nissan!!!! Hmmmmmm, I don't know.....but we ended up with our car only two weeks later...so I didn't squawk that much......

Old 07-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you're speaking true statement's, it's okay to post the dealership's name. That kind of thing is better placed in the regional forums, though.. as the rest of the US and Canada probably don't care about the level of service of a dealership in Southern California. It's nice to see that Infiniti Consumer Affairs gave you something for your troubles, though, that was more than an "Oh, sorry. *click*"

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter