G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lesson #1: Rearview

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lesson #1: Rearview

Just yesterday, as I was driving home from the insurance company, I ran into some trouble. While merging onto the highway 50 (Sacramento) from the Power Inn on-ramp, I see a Boxter a couple of cars in front of me. After reading the posts about the Boxter, I thought to myself "this is my chance." As soon as the Boxter hits the freeway, it takes off. Then when I hit the freeway I drop it in third, then up shift to fourth. All of a sudden, I look in my rearview , and guess what I see. A black and white CHP cruiser on my a$$, so I get off the gas and slow it to 65 - 68 but he is still right behind me. Then the <font color=red> red </font color=red> lights come on, so I pull all the way over to the right shoulder. My girlfriend just looked at me and shook her head as if to say, "I told you so!" Just coming from the insurance office, all I could think about is the rate increase. As I opened the window to talk to the Officer, he says "No plates, brand new car, I would hate to think about the insurance on this car." I said, "I know, I just came from the insurance office." Then he says, "Why are you trying to go at it with the Porsche?" I thought to myself, because I can! Then the CHP Officer says, "I can understand if it is two or three in the morning when there are no cars on the freeway, but not at three in the afternoon." Wow, the CHP officer understands me. I guess he was saying that it is okay to go ***** out when there is no one around, like two or three in the morning. Then the Officer says have a nice day, and look out for the debris in front of you when you take off, by the way nice car!" All I could say was thank you. Let off the hook! A lesson to be learned: Harness the POWER of the G, but always check the rearview b4 downshifting! Peace.

"Gz Up, Hoes Down"

Old 07-10-2003, 12:06 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: Lesson #1: Rearview

wowowowow LUCKY! good one, dude.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-10-2003, 12:11 PM

Yeah very lucky. CHP are usually pretty strict on racing, especially lately here in LA.

Godd luck and drive safe (well...a little reckless when no-one is around!)

Mike.

2003 6MT Coupe Black/Graphite/Prem./Nav/Aero
1994 MR2 Turbo 5MT Black/Prem.

Old 07-10-2003, 01:38 PM

hmmm i feels a bit responsible since i posted the boxter thread, lol, good to hear the cop was cool though. When I got pulled over once the cop also mentioned he loved the car. Maybe the G captures the cops under its spell and gives us the good luck after getting pulled over

Old 07-10-2003, 02:37 PM

Another one from Sacramento eh? Join us in the West Forum, we might have a meet in Sac soon.

CB 5AT - SAC, CA

Old 07-10-2003, 03:06 PM

great story, Its always nice to hear that cops who appreciate a nice car can offer some slack.....
Course chick cops are a different story...I had one in some small town say "nice car" also......right after she gave me my speeding ticket!.......

G35Coupe B/B 6MT Aero/Premium

Old 07-10-2003, 03:37 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

you want to hear another good story? well kinda heh

I was at the gas station yesterday and there was a cop parked there, he asked me what kind of car it was and stuff and was asking if it was fast and all that....LOL....i told him its OK! he said it looked like the 350Z and i told him that its a brother car of the Z. Anyway....he said "Thats good [censored]" and I said yeah im glad you like it and ended at that....haha

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one awesome cop! I wish they were all like that!

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-10-2003, 06:58 PM

Yeah, let me reiterate that you were lucky not to get a ticket.

Just two days ago I got my first ticket (I'm 21) blasting down a main road (close to a freeway) 17 mph over the speed limit. I saw the cop up ahead, but it was too late. I swear to God I felt his radar zap my car and I was busted. I've done a lot worse than 17mph over the speed limit, so I guess it could have been worse.

Let me tell you, CHP officers LOVE to give tickets. This guy was not lenient at all. He just walked up to me and was like, "You were going 67 in a 50 zone. That's against the law." Then, he wrote me a fat-@$$ ticket (there was traffic too, so I guess that makes it worse.) It really sucked.

I guess it's time to buy a Valentine One.

"It's a Joshi thing"