G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

MY PROBLEMS......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY PROBLEMS......

I HAVE HAD TOOOO MANY PROBLMS WITH THIS F*****ING G35 THAN I THOUGH I WOULD HAVE.
FIRST OFF I LOVE THE CAR BESIDES THE PROBLEMS .
I HAD A TT BEFORE THIS AND NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH IT.
FIRST MY POWER STEERING PUMP WENT, (1 WEEK IN THE SHOP), THEN THE CAR GOT STUCK IN THE AUTO STICK MODE AND THE SHIFTER WOULD NOT RELEASE,(2 DAYS IN THE SHOP), THEN THE CAR STALLED OUT ON ME(1 DAY IN) THEY GAVE ME SUM BULLSHIT ABOUT THE-MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR BEING PUT IN IMPROPERLY WHEN I CHANGED THE AIR INTAKE(I OWN AN AUTO BODY SHOP, THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR WAS INSTLLED PROPERLY, NOW THE LAST THING IS THAT MY DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW IS NOT WORKING.......THIS REALLY SUCKS, I WANT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS THESE PROBLEMS?

Old 07-11-2003, 02:44 PM
MY PROBLEMS......

I HAVE HAD TOOOO MANY PROBLMS WITH THIS F*****ING G35 THAN I THOUGH I WOULD HAVE.
FIRST OFF I LOVE THE CAR BESIDES THE PROBLEMS .
I HAD A TT BEFORE THIS AND NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH IT.
FIRST MY POWER STEERING PUMP WENT, (1 WEEK IN THE SHOP), THEN THE CAR GOT STUCK IN THE AUTO STICK MODE AND THE SHIFTER WOULD NOT RELEASE,(2 DAYS IN THE SHOP), THEN THE CAR STALLED OUT ON ME(1 DAY IN) THEY GAVE ME SUM BULLSHIT ABOUT THE-MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR BEING PUT IN IMPROPERLY WHEN I CHANGED THE AIR INTAKE(I OWN AN AUTO BODY SHOP, THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR WAS INSTLLED PROPERLY, NOW THE LAST THING IS THAT MY DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW IS NOT WORKING.......THIS REALLY SUCKS, I WANT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS THESE PROBLEMS?

Old 07-11-2003, 02:53 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: MY PROBLEMS......

stalling problem...... its the air flow sensor.
Man you are having some serious freekin problems.....sorry to hear that, looks like you had bad luck, somebody was really slacking on that day that they built your car!
Maybe you can Lemon the thing and get a new one [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-11-2003, 02:55 PM

MAN SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM, BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM I'VE HAD WAS TOO MANY PEOPLE EYE'S MY CAR LIKE THEY WANNA JACK IT, BUT OTHER THEN THAT IT'S OK... MAYBE YOU GOT A LEMON OR SOMETHING... I DUNNO... DID U JUST GET THE CAR? IF SO TAKE IT BACK BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LEMON TO ME....

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-11-2003, 02:56 PM

Well.... I think thats the thing with owning a first year production, you need to ride out the "bugs" and get them fixed as they come. I have 2,500 miles on my coupe, and have gotten the "back shelf rattle" fixed, and have a grinding noise on driver side window (new regulator on order). I'm lucky *knock on wood* that those are my problems, if you do a search you will find out that the same problems pop up and get fixed.

Old 07-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you got a lemon. It happens. Every car manufacturer puts out lemons from time to time. Just luck of the draw if you get one or not. Give it more time - if more problems keep popping up, then you probably got yourself a lemon.

Mine's only got 850 miles on it so far, and its been great. The only problem I have is the back shelf rattle. Discreet_arts - is there a simple fix for that? I hear it coming from the right rear of the car, only when traveling on rough road surfaces at highway speeds. I was gonna wait until I bring it in for its first 3750 mile service because its no big deal, but if there's a simple fix that I can do, I would rather do it myself now.

Thanks.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-11-2003, 08:43 PM

Well I had the same rattle, and got the dealer to fix it. But people on the forum have done it on their own, and say it's easy. What rattles are white clips that hold the shelf in place(about 6 or so) people are putting double sided tape (felt tape?) in between the clip nad the metal. and thats it. I was going to do it my self but couldn't figure out how to take off the trunk lining that covers the shelf (i'm not a mechanical person) ........ or better yet check this out
The Fix

Old 07-12-2003, 01:31 AM

Sorry to hear it man...sounds like you got a lemon. No problems with mine yet save a couple rattles. (knocking on wood)

Old 07-12-2003, 11:52 AM

sorry to hear it. mon i picked up mine with 8mi on it. it broke down on the way home. still not fixed, infinity thinks maybe clutch? im gettin pissed

Old 07-12-2003, 11:54 AM

having same problems w/ my 6mt. ive driven 5mi and owned it a week

Old 07-12-2003, 12:02 PM

Not a single problem with mine yet...I have 6,000 miles on mine.

G35 Coupe
6MT Lazer Red
Prem/Aero

Old 07-13-2003, 01:46 AM

Other than the grease streaks on windows and window motor issue (BFD), no problems for me and I have had my 6MT for 7 months and 13,000 miles.

6MT
Premium
Black/Black

Old 07-16-2003, 10:09 AM

I have nearly 6,000 on mine with not a single problem...

Besides of course the hordes of admirers gawking at the car, people coming up to me at random and asking all kinds of questions along with a slew of compliments... but those problems I kinda expected and don't really mind so much.

Oh, and one last problem - this one DOES suck:
Why is it that every single time I wash the car it rains anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours later?? I swear, a few weeks ago I went to the car wash (DIY bay, not the auto rim killer) with perfectly clear skies overhead, and not even half way through the wash the sky darkened, and by the time I was done the bloody skies opened up with thunderous booms and sheets of rain pouring down! I hate that!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"