G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crashed, Help me please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the info. I got the estimate from the body shp at 8381.94$

I need to talk with my insurance and after that, (and my Monday examn), Ill pobbably contact that guy.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
What kind of hit did you get that made the diminished value be 2600? I thought you got 600$ only. What is the max amount you can get from small court? If I sue, I would sue for 500$ deductible, diminished value (no Idea how much to ask for this), and car rental. Any idea what this would add up to (car is supposed to be fixed in 2-3 weeks)?
The cars value was diminished by $2600, not to $2600. So I was awarded the value that it was determined the car was diminished by, to make up for my loss. It was determined by a mediator using numbers provided by me, my dealer, and sources he used which I wasn't privy to. The maximum small claims award at the time was $2000 (not sure what it is now), since the amount I was awarded was over $2,000 I had to take her to real court to get the award for the diminished value. Small claims only covered my deductible ($500) and court costs.

I think you said the repair bill was ~$8000? (that seems really high to me, but I don't know what the extent of the work is). My repair was ~$3500 and my value was determined to have been diminished by $2600, but it was a different model of car (VW Jetta), so I'm not sure what your cars value will have been diminished by. Talk to your dealer to get a start on that. Looks like your small claims max is $5000. That might cover your total costs (including court, rental, diminished value etc...) but I doubt it. Given the fact that your repair bill is so large I would personally contact a lawyer and ask them for some advice on how to proceed. I really don't envy you given the fact that the kid/kids parents don't seem to have much money, but either way I still think you should call a lawyer and see what they say.

Last edited by Picus; 09-30-2005 at 08:08 PM.