G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hey there...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hey there...

Welcome to the forum....

Must of been an ex BMW driver...Lot of them are now switching to the G35 Coupes, but why wouldn't they make the switch...lol....

If you think that's bad watch out for the Z driver's because I read some stories on here that if they see you around they normally flip you the bird...lmao.....

Old 07-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello: welcome to this wonder forum, and congrats on that fine purhase, i wont worry about "other" drivers on the road, this car is way too much fun to drive, and all the lQQks that you will get.....its unreal, i havent use the horn yet,not even sure how they sound (should try that today...hehehe).

btw...have you get your VIN munber yet? cause few ppl here got shifted, they put down deposit and waited few months and dealer keep on push the order back or sold the car to someone else...just watch out for it...ask for VIN number so you know when the car arrives...good luck...s.w.

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 07-14-2003, 02:19 PM

"Hey,

I just joined this forum and I want to introduce myself. My name is Emile, I am a 19-year old guy, and I live in New Jersey. "

Hey Emile. I'm assuming you're the same MrElussive who I "met" over on the bmwboard.com forum, in the thread about G35s (I used this name there too). I enjoyed your comments there, and offer you a warm welcome here. You might also want to sign up at freshalloy.com, another place with a great G35 forum.

And you WILL love your G35C when you get it. I guaran-frickin-tee it!.

Old 07-14-2003, 03:32 PM

Don't be a hater!.I have a Z and always wave to my "cousins"

2003.5 G35
2003 350Z
2003 Murano SL

Old 07-14-2003, 03:35 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

welcome to the forum..... i had to wait 6 months for my coupe, so dont feel bad. 2 weeks is NOTHINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/Grounding Kit

Old 07-14-2003, 06:35 PM

Thats what I have ....

you'll see ... personally I didnt want the spoiler at FIRST

and it grew on me... now I cant see if without ...

you'll see..

do yourself a favour

put on alot of wax and when it gets dirty ..just go to a high power spray washer and blast as much dirt off as possible....
cause the more you wash it .. the more swirls and spider webs in TIME

trust me .. with a couple zaino coats and a good blasting and soaking then blasting again is all you need for the g to shine real nice.. the black is very reflective .. even slightly dirty

and once in a while ..take a mit to it

later man

Old 07-14-2003, 06:40 PM

"cause the more you wash it .. the more swirls and spider webs in TIME"

Sheesh he's new to the forum, you don't want to give him the swirl/spider web nightmare now... shhhhh... lol....

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-14-2003, 07:45 PM

The spoiler pros and cons are interesting...

When I first saw the car I knew I wanted it but I was sure I didn't want the spoiler. After the second test drive (in a BS 6MT w/spoiler) I looked over at another in the dealer's lot without a spoiler, looked back at the demo car I just drove and found myself going...hmm...maybe it looks a little funny WITHOUT the spoiler now...

Then I found out I couldn't get a non-spoiler 6MT without special ordering it and waiting a few months. I was bummed, but I started thinking hard about how I really felt about the look. I looked at pictures here, looked at cars on the dealers' lots and..started to change my mind.

I ended up getting a 6MT with aero and everything else I wanted (prem, nav, in DG/G) only a few weeks later. I still occasionally go back and forth over the spoiler's look, but basically have become a convert. I think it completes the roofline and evens out the car's slightly bottom heavy proportions in addition to making it look racier. So I'm completely ok with it, which is nice because I've always disliked spoilers on street cars pretty much as a rule.

P.S. The current Accord, which I think looks terrible, is one of the only other cars I can think of where the spoiler seems to improve the car's looks. It's still ugly, but not as bad...

Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Dude, you described my EXACT thinking process when getting my G. At first I was hellbent on not getting it, but it grew on me and now cars without the spoiler almost look incomplete to me.

Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 AM

Plus you now have a choise once you receive the car.. You can always use some butt plugs (can I say that on here? lol) to cover the holes up when you decide you don't want the spoiler on..

Ack I've been watching to much ****... =\

G35 Mafia Member # 01

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hey there...