G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sold my G35 Coupe... Saying Goodbye...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold my G35 Coupe... Saying Goodbye...

Finally sold my G35 Coupe and am now a proud new owner of Subarau Impreza WRX STi.

Very nice car, much faster than the G35 Coupe however not as sexy or as refined but I'm not complaining.

So just wanted to say good bye to this forum.

On another note, I am the owner of the very shortlived forum, G35-Forum.com. Since I no longer own a G35, the domain name now is up for sale.

Please email offers to mbulaon@hotmail.com.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Re: Sold my G35 Coupe... Saying Goodbye...

Good luck with the STI...

Oh yea just a for your info my bud is already on his 2nd tranny on that STI and he only drives it to work... And make sure you get a grounding kit for it... It sure is faster.. too bad they don't last as long as the average car... His original WRX has 49 thousand miles and is on it's 4th tranny.... Thank goodness for warranties cuz that would of been pretty costly if it didn't or the warranty was expired...lol....

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cross-appeal between the G35 and STi is bizarre, given that the cars have almost nothing in common besides speed. Nevertheless, in the poll we did awhile back it was tied with the Mercedes as the 4th most popular alternative to the Coupe, after BMW, the 350Z, and the G35 Sedan. I wonder if the STi guys were drawn to the G for the Skyline connections (when, in reality, this car has little in common with a Skyline).

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 07-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 07-14-2003, 01:52 PM

I used to own the Lancer Evolution before selling it for my G35 Coupe. So I kept pretty informed about the STi. I hate to give people bad news about great cars but the STi has problems. Do searches on some of the forums for STi. There is an inherant detonation problem in the STi bone stock. So far every tuner has encountered the problem. Some on 93 octane others on 91. If the car is detonating stock that motor will be gone very quickly. Simply put, the car was released too soon before proper testing was done. They wanted to beat the Evo so bad they sacrificed the cars integrity. I would be very careful with the car until they figure it out.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:46 PM

ahahahahaha, thats like giving up a mercedes for a civic. Good luck with your new crap box.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:52 PM

Seeya. Wouldn't wanna beeya.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:56 PM

Oh, USHY!!!!
Damn man, why'd you have to go and do that?? Life is more than just pure speed dude...

I can't believe I just said that.

{sigh} The real biatch though is knowing now that G35-Forum is gone for good. That really stinks, it was a great place to hang and converse (along with this forum, of course).

You'll be missed, Ushtang. And I tend to believe that in not too long a time, you'll be missing your G... The STi may be faster, but ahhh... it ain't all the G is...

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 07-14-2003, 07:40 PM

I saw a STi on the way to work this morrning all i can say is it did not really impress me. Im sure its fast and all but it looks like nothing specil. The G will always be classy, the STi is definitely not classy. just my $.02

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 07/14/03 04:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Agreed.. have fun going faster, we still have our luxury + class and pack 280 so we're not that much slower

It's your call though, just let us know when you start to regret the trade :P

-Blk/Blk G35c

Old 07-14-2003, 08:22 PM

Ushtang, I too am very sorry to hear that. During it's short life, G35-Forum.com was one of my favorite G communities. I continued to hope you'd bring it back ever since you idled it. I don't know if I could've endured the long wait for my coupe without the support of those on your forum. I probably would've cracked and done something stupid ... like bail out mid-stream for a Lexus ES300! [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img] (lol)

Good luck with your WRX. My next-door neighbor has one himself, actually. It's a nice car. I'm sure he knows could whoop my azz in a heads-up race, but somehow he's still always over in my garage admiring my G whenever I roll the door up.

So I hope you don't end up missing your G too much, bro. Or even if you do, I'm sure Infiniti will be building them for years to come. You can always come back! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Peace,
Kojo

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 07-14-2003, 09:18 PM

My bud wants to get an STI, just because it's fast! I always tell him, "It better go fast, because you don't want to be seen going in that ugly thing". Enjoy your fast driving, 'cause no one will want to see who is behind the wheel . Peace.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:32 PM

Hey Ushtang

You bought the STI From Lynnes Nissan/Subaru/Infiniti in Bloomfield right? My buddy who is the service mgr @ Infiniti saw your car. I just wanted to say thanx for the Skyline Emblems. He will be taking them of your car tomorrow for me... Hey did you pay the $8,000 over sticker that they were asking?

GOOD LUCK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold my G35 Coupe... Saying Goodbye...