G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

1st G35 Speeding Ticket....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyP
You might as well have been speeding to a comic book convention. In either scenario you're driving recklessly to a place filled with BS, fantasy, and make-believe characters.

My advice (which is probably not wanted):

1. Stay away from church.

2. Don't you dare glue one of those religious fish onto your G35

3. Believe in yourself and not in some higher power that doesn't exist.

4. Read a science book!
I was wondering when a jackass would chime in. I'm begging everyone to please ignore MikeyP. Let's not turn this into an athiest vs. believers match.

Tha_kid, I've used a traffic lawyer before and you shouldn't spend more than $80 for one. That should still be enough to teach you a lesson.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=superb16]I was wondering when a jackass would chime in. I'm begging everyone to please ignore MikeyP. Let's not turn this into an athiest vs. believers match.QUOTE]

that's what opinions are for. you dont have to like them. truth hurts sometimes.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=MikeyP]
Originally Posted by superb16
I was wondering when a jackass would chime in. I'm begging everyone to please ignore MikeyP. Let's not turn this into an athiest vs. believers match.QUOTE]

that's what opinions are for. you dont have to like them. truth hurts sometimes.
HAHAHA, this is the last place I would expect to see an Athiest Vs. Believers match, but hell if one does start, +1 for Athiest.

As for the ticket, I would get a lawyer. Ive had lawyers before and all I have done is sit back at home on court date and have always got a call saying its cancelled.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Find a lawyer with an office NEAR the courts. It's all a money racket. I went to court without one. The ones with were moved to the front of the line. You could see them scheduling another golf session in between cases.

A speeding ticket is a legal issue. Legal != moral. Leave religion out of this.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah definitely off topic Mikey P. Thanks for the input, but thats not the issue at hand. We obviously both have different views of life, which for your sake is kinda sad to be honest...

But either way, I thank everyone for their advice on this. I'll keep looking into finding a good traffic lawyer...But all in all, I do need to slow down anyway...

Old 10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get a lawyer. I don’t know what laws are in Ohio but in VA that is reckless driving, which could mean jail time.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:54 PM
First of all, its spelled atheist.
Second. How can you not believe in something that doesnt exist, if you've forumulated in your mind a God doesnt really exist in the first place.[Bring on the flames]
Third, Fight the ticket. That is major points on the insurance.
I got a speeding ticket on the PKWY in NJ going 95 in a 65. Fines are doubled so it would have came out to about 600 bucks, plus the increase on insurance. I walked away with only 0 points and my insurance isnt gonna go up now. The lawyer was about 400$ and I did have to pay some money for the ticket. About 400$. So all in all, 800 bucks and some pride was taken. But that will teach me.

[QUOTE=trackmagic]

HAHAHA, this is the last place I would expect to see an Athiest Vs. Believers match, but hell if one does start, +1 for Athiest.

As for the ticket, I would get a lawyer. Ive had lawyers before and all I have done is sit back at home on court date and have always got a call saying its cancelled.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Hyun83]First of all, its spelled atheist.
Second. How can you not believe in something that doesnt exist, if you've forumulated in your mind a God doesnt really exist in the first place.[Bring on the flames]
Third, Fight the ticket. That is major points on the insurance.
I got a speeding ticket on the PKWY in NJ going 95 in a 65. Fines are doubled so it would have came out to about 600 bucks, plus the increase on insurance. I walked away with only 0 points and my insurance isnt gonna go up now. The lawyer was about 400$ and I did have to pay some money for the ticket. About 400$. So all in all, 800 bucks and some pride was taken. But that will teach me.

First of all, its spelled FORMULATED.

Second, stop this thread before an all out war breaks loose.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:36 AM
You might as well have been speeding to a comic book convention. In either scenario you're driving recklessly to a place filled with BS, fantasy, and make-believe characters.

My advice (which is probably not wanted):

1. Stay away from church.

2. Don't you dare glue one of those religious fish onto your G35

3. Believe in yourself and not in some higher power that doesn't exist.

4. Read a science book!
Not sure how that was relevant to his post...

but anyway, after you figure out what to do with the ticket, maybe get yourself a nice radar detector. I personally love my V1 and to be honest, usually the most I speed is 10 over...it just makes me feel better knowing where the cops are shooting.

BTW - not for nothing but as for number 4...reading a science book...doesn't science also say the universe started with a "Big Bang"? Few doubt that there was a "Big Bang" and everyone knows when it occured and exactly what followed up to the millisecond. All scientic calculations were based on the assumption that nothing proceeded it...there was no process of ignition or there'd be traces. This all seems to conflict with the simple laws of physics since it was a event without cause...it made something out of nothing...

Not trying to say I'm religious or not...that's just what the article in Forbes magazine said!

Old 10-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
think of what teh big bang theory says...
its like taking a watch apart, putting each individual piece in a bowl, and sahking it till *POOF* u have a watch.

+1 for god!

about teh ticket, ide say fight it, u have the guilt of getting caught speeding already, why suffer more?

Old 10-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
He caught you- you need to slow down.

Yeah it sucks, but take it like a man.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:03 PM
go to court and be honest.
friend got his reckless off.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:22 PM
ohio cops are crazy, driving thru ohio, i spotted a few sheriffs using laser..

Old 10-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As far as radar detectors go, a good one will cost you maybe $300. It would be a lot cheaper to be smart about your speeding. For example, I don't go more than 10mph above the limit. Most cops won't bother stopping you for that because they will always catch someone going faster. I haven't received a ticket in 9 years. If they do stop you then spend around $60 for a traffic lawyer to wipe the whole thing clean. That's 1/5 the cost of a damn radar detector!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st G35 Speeding Ticket....