G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OK I need help please... fender bender with pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK I need help please... fender bender with pics

Well I just dinged up my G for the first time. Some girl was yacking on her cell phone and acted like she was going to pull out in traffic and when I looked left to see if I could go out into traffic too she slammed on her brakes and when I looked back it was too late and I bumped into her.

Her black SUV has a few scratches but she should be able to buff them out easily. I offered to pay for them anyway (I just don't want anything turned in to insurance). She never even got out of her SUV to look at the damage. She just got back on her cell phone and drove off.

My car on the other hand, has some issues...

The bumper panel that has obvious damage will need to be replaced. Any idea how I go about doing that? Should I take it to a body shop or to an infinity dealer? Is this a good time to see what kind of body kits would look good on this car? Someone actually told me that might be cheaper than getting it fixed to look stock again.

Also, even though my lights work fine that whole light fixture is loose and will need to be replaced. Is that another thing I ask my dealer about or should I take it to a body shop? I just have no idea where to begin trying to fix all this.

Another issue:

There is a sizable gap in between the hood and that front right panel. I was hoping that the front right panel would be fine but it looks like the part right by the light fixture is bent up about 5 degrees and there is a bit of paint chipping off.

So PLEASE, if anyone has any idea about how I go about fixing all this I would LOVE to hear it! Thanks!

Last edited by Strider_GTS; 10-09-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
Old 10-09-2005, 07:28 PM
very sorry to hear.. bump for the experts

Old 10-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the headlamp might cracked,to replace it ur looking to spend 800bucks just one headlight..i replaced mine..same problem...if no water leaks inside it should be good...get some after martket mods...good luck~~

Old 10-09-2005, 07:43 PM
You can see in the first picture that the headlight is cracked. Well at least the outer plastic casing is cracked. The actual headlights worked when I tested them. I don't know what exactly that means as far as repairs though. 800 bucks seems high but then again that doesn't really surprise me. Building one of these cars out of replacement parts would cost about 10 times as much as just buying one new. If you guys have any ideas of aftermarket parts that would benefit me and fit this problems please let me know.

The more responses and help the better. Thanks so far guys, I appreciate it!

Old 10-09-2005, 07:47 PM
The housing is 400. At least that's how much mine was when I got it replaced. The damage is probably 2500. At least.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:52 PM
You could probably find a headlight on ebay for much cheaper than you would pay at the dealer. As far as the bumper i would look for something aftermarket.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:08 PM
THE BATMOBILE
damnnnnnnnnnn sorry man

Old 10-09-2005, 08:25 PM
time to buy 06 projectors! =)

Old 10-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Maybe so. I just have no idea where to start. If any of you after-market enthusiasts have any links you want to show me please link me!

I know for a fact I'm going to need a new bumper and probably lights and possibly a front right panel. I'm just not sure what the shifted hood or side panel means...

I'm doing my best going through body kit pictures but I feel so lost. Any help is appreciated

Old 10-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
. . . Dang, truly sorry to see that.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:12 AM
I've been looking through body kit pictures all day and I like the more subtle look of the Nismo kit. Is there a way I can just get the front bumper? Does anyone know how I would go about doing that? Would just any random body shop be able to get one for me and paint it up and put it on or is this something I need to go to my dealer with? I'd rather not because my closest dealer is like 5 hours away...

Old 10-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Rollin On Dubz
1) Stay away from the dealer, try to find a reputable body shop that won't charge an arm and a leg, but still do decent work. If you go to the dealer they are just going to refer you to a "dealer approved body shop" that will rip you a new one.

2) If your looking for a body kit, this is the best time because you already have to pay for a new bumper and paint...so why not just get a kit? However, personally, I wouldn't get any body kits for the G35 because they are all made out of fiberglass, not the polyurethane your stock bumper is made out of. If you bump into anything the fiberglass will shatter, run a search on the forums to find out more. If it were me personally I'd have the front bumper repaired and I'd get the factory add on lip.

3) IMO, I think you bumper is salvageable, I know bodyshop guys who could salvage that 100%. They would just pop that ding out, and bondo over the rest of it, repsray and your done.

4) I believe the plastic casing shouldn't be too expensive, it's the actual projectors/headlamps that are expensive. Definitely check out Ebay or some junkyards to find it cheaper, or go through like grubbsinfiniti.com.

5) I don't know anything about your quarterpanel or your hood, from what I can tell in the pics it all looks salvageable. Some mechanics might want you to just get a new bumper, hood, etc so they can make money off of you like that. Take it to a couple different shops, compare what they say, compare prices, and ask if you can check out other work they have done and see if it looks good. And make sure they give you a lifetime warranty on all of their work.

GOODLUCK, sorry to hear about the fender bender, but these things happen and we can only try our best to resolve them the right way.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:54 AM
I love you man, that's what I'm looking for

I have a couple body shops I'll go to tomorrow and see what they tell me can be done. My fear is that something important got shifted around, yet I'm almost afraid to make myself actually take a closer look and find out.

Is the Nismo front bumper fiberglass? I'm definitely not a fan of cheapo aftermarket body kits. I did that for my Celica and regretted it ever since. Sometimes it's worth the extra money for quality. For some reason I had a hard time finding out where I would get the Nismo bumper if I actually did want it.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:09 AM
Rollin On Dubz
I am not sure bro, I know there is a nismo bumper for the sedan....I didn't know there was one for the coupe? I know the NIsmo for the sedan is Urethane

Are you sure you're not just talking about the add on lip?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OK I need help please... fender bender with pics