G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Clutch pedal did not release, stuck, and burned some on first gear.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
This sounds more like the Clutch Pedal than the clutch itself. Hmm. I guess I'm glad I don't floor my pedal. *shrugs*
Hmmm . . . Either way that really sucks to be in that situation. Depending on when and where it happens, it can't be all that safe a deal. Man, I trust Infiniti has heard about this issue and is seriously looking into it.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:11 PM
z1n
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is so crazy! My GF has an 05 sedan and I drove it around the block (got on it good too), anyway we pulled in driveway, I don't remeber what I did but we did sit there for a minute before going in. Later she left to go somewhere but came back in and said she tried to start her car and it lunged foward and that the clutch was stuck on the floor. I went out to take a look and after seeing the clutch was indeed to the floor, I pulled on it and it poped back up. Everything is fine now and have had no more problems with the clutch. this happened about a month ago. Very strange. I have an 05 coupe but havent had this problem (knock on wood) with mine yet. gulp

Old 10-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by z1n
This is so crazy! My GF has an 05 sedan and I drove it around the block (got on it good too), anyway we pulled in driveway, I don't remeber what I did but we did sit there for a minute before going in. Later she left to go somewhere but came back in and said she tried to start her car and it lunged foward and that the clutch was stuck on the floor. I went out to take a look and after seeing the clutch was indeed to the floor, I pulled on it and it poped back up. Everything is fine now and have had no more problems with the clutch. this happened about a month ago. Very strange. I have an 05 coupe but havent had this problem (knock on wood) with mine yet. gulp
An easy solution to me is to have stiffer springs and have the clutch pedal engagement point lowered. Stiffer springs will pull the clutch pedal out and the engagement point lowered will make shifting easier. Only a guess though *knocks on wood too*.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Okay, I am quite sure this is not the case. However, for those whom are affected by this problem . . . The clutch pedal isn't getting caught on a floor mat, is it?

I read a thread some time ago about this. People had installed winter mats over their regular carpeted mats . . . And at times, the pedals were getting stuck/trapped. Just thought I would toss out the obvious. Don't mean to insult anyone, here.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-008.htm

Old 10-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
THIS IS HOW THE CLUTCH IS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG DONT WASTE AN HOUR AF YOUR INFINITI DEALER

and yes the clutch pedal itself gets stuck on the floor.. go try to pull it back up or something.. happens when u try to do a burn out the wrong way too

Old 10-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
THIS IS HOW THE CLUTCH IS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG DONT WASTE AN HOUR AF YOUR INFINITI DEALER

and yes the clutch pedal itself gets stuck on the floor.. go try to pull it back up or something.. happens when u try to do a burn out the wrong way too
Klumzyee, I think we can all appreciate your comments. I personally have not had the pleasure to encounter the above referenced/mentioned quirk. However, just because that's "How The Clutch Is," doesn't mean it should stay that way.

If people are abusing their cars and creating this problem that's one issue . . . But if this is a common occurrence due to no operator error . . . Then there is a serious problem, which exists. No?

Old 10-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by andy2434
Klumzyee, I think we can all appreciate your comments. I personally have not had the pleasure to encounter the above referenced/mentioned quirk. However, just because that's "How The Clutch Is," doesn't mean it should stay that way.

If people are abusing their cars and creating this problem that's one issue . . . But if this is a common occurrence due to no operator error . . . Then there is a serious problem, which exists. No?
this is how the clutch is.. there are repeated threads on this topic throughout this forums on the 05 clutch.. it can probably be fixed by "upgrading" the clutch to an aftermarket one.

the bold words are for guys the weirdos.. some guy even went as far as creating a sign-up list of people that want this problem fixed.. it can not be fixed if its not a problem.. plus i dont see why infiniti would want u to be dumping the clutch at 4k RPM anyways. on some cars the clutch wont even let you drop it that high for safety (fun) lol.

its like guys complaining about the shift *** vibrating too much and how you can feel everything through the pedals..

Old 10-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
this is how the clutch is.. there are repeated threads on this topic throughout this forums on the 05 clutch.. it can probably be fixed by "upgrading" the clutch to an aftermarket one.

the bold words are for guys the weirdos.. some guy even went as far as creating a sign-up list of people that want this problem fixed.. it can not be fixed if its not a problem.. plus i dont see why infiniti would want u to be dumping the clutch at 4k RPM anyways. on some cars the clutch wont even let you drop it that high for safety (fun) lol.

its like guys complaining about the shift *** vibrating too much and how you can feel everything through the pedals..

Got it!

Old 10-10-2005, 05:27 PM
happens on all the 05s.... clutch wont catch if you drop it at high rpms.. just gotta learn to feather it a bit..

if you want to reproduce the problem rev up to 4k rpm and drop the clutch + gas at the same time.. your car will roll forward slowly.. your engine will be at 6k RPM and you'll be wondering why ur not going while getting high off clutch smoke

I agree it has happened to me a few times. this clutch really doesn't like the be let out about 3k or so if you are trying to get a good launch. it will release ok if you feather it and stand on the gas.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 05 has a "self-adjusting" clutch fellas. Look it up. Klumzyee is right.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:34 PM
something similar happened to me twice....i have an '04....both when i was doing some drifting in the rain......but not in first gear, i spun the wheels in first gear, and to not redline i shifted into 2nd gear quickly, the clutch pedal stayed pressed down and released shortly afterwards, but alot of clutch was burnt, it was annoying, so i just avoid releasing too quickly

Old 10-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Well, thanks for the info guys.

I have summarized the replies and info received so far into a conclusion:
Car : G35 6MT '05 coupe with VDC off.
The clutch has a mechanism in place where revved too high (ie. beyond about 3K) will not let it be engaged for safety/protective reasons.
This results in
1) the car will not engage in a gear, and/or
2) the clutch pedal will not release back up and gets stuck depressed, giving the same effect of not allowing you to engage in a gear.
This is just the way our clutch is...

To prevent it from happening or chance of happening, feather the pedals and never rev high (ie. passed 3-4k rpm) and pop for an agressive launch, or upshifting with a grossly mis-matching rpm. (otherwise no systematic prevention method, unless you upgrade the clutch system)

In a sudden / emergency situation where you have to get aggressive to get the car out of the situation, you ended up revving higher in the process with the adrenalin, pray that the gear will engage and the clutch pedal will not get stuck on the floor as at this point you are at the mercy of a big guy above.

I have to say, I am not too comfortable with this feature of our car though....

Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by スカイライン

In a sudden / emergency situation where you have to get aggressive to get the car out of the situation, you ended up revving higher in the process with the adrenalin, pray that the gear will engage and the clutch pedal will not get stuck on the floor as at this point you are at the mercy of a big guy above.

I have to say, I am not too comfortable with this feature of our car though....
I am in total agreement with you on this one. If during an evasive manuver, you happened to pop the clutch and it got stuck . . . You are essentially $hit out of luck.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andy2434
I am in total agreement with you on this one. If during an evasive manuver, you happened to pop the clutch and it got stuck . . . You are essentially $hit out of luck.

You'll be able to afford an M after the law suit....given that you're still alive

Old 10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
well base on experience.. if your planing to do any evasive manuvers that'll cause the clutch to get [i]stuck[i] your probably going to just smoke the tires - spin out, go no where, sideways, loose control of the rear.. if it does get "stuck" dont full throttle even more.. just let off the throttle a little bit and it'll come back.. i've only had this happen to me about 3-4 times

1. burning out - yay new rims
2. peeling out
3. dropping the clutch to do a very tight U lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal did not release, stuck, and burned some on first gear.