G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35C or Crossfire or RX8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35C or Crossfire or RX8?

The Crossfire's 0-60 isn't 7 seconds, it is 6.5. I just looked and its 1/4 mile time is 14.8, I was mistaken. It is still the same 1/4 mile time as the RX8 though. And for a 215 hp car, that is pretty impressive. You can get all of the stats here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=3

http://www.crossfireforum.org

Old 07-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's throw the guy a bone. As American cars go, I can't think of anything else I'd rather have than a Crossfire. It's an entry level Benz with Chrysler styling. That's all good to me. Not as good as a G, but if I thought anything was better than a G, I would have bought it. I'm pretty sure 99% of car buyers buy the car that they think is the best for the money.

Between the Crossfire, the SRT4, and the Cruiser GT, I like what Team MOPAR is doing. I hope the Crossfire is a huge success. If it is, Ford and GM will have to make cars like it. If they do, then the Japanese and Germans will need to make even better cars to keep their lead over the Americans. Who wins? You and me, the consumer.

Or, y'know, we could let GM be the model of American car-building strategy, which is to admit in a national media campaign that the quality of your cars hasn't been that great, but that you're not going to do anything specific to improve. The fact that there isn't even a comparable Ford or GM car to make fun of like the SRT4 or Xfire is rather telling. They're not even trying.

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 07-18-2003, 04:36 PM

http://www.chryslerjeep.co.uk/crossf...on_1/home2.asp

Follow the link to capability. Then click the dot on the engine. 0-62 in 7.3 secs. Yes it's an estimated time but previous tests have posted 7.0secs as well.

Were not trying to burst your bubble or sway anyone's opinion really. I'm only speaking from experience and knowledge that I've gathered. If anything I think most people are trying to warn you to be careful with what you choose. It bit me in the **** cuz I was hung up on looks. Now I'm riding in a complete package with dealer reps that actually care. Car and Driver uses ringers almost 85% of the time when it comes to sport cars. This is why "magazine racing" means very little. It's nice to get some info out of it but take it with a grain of salt.

Old 07-18-2003, 04:52 PM

The Crossfire is a nice little car, and I have to admit the interior is nice and looks kine like the G's. The Crossfie sure got my attention because it does stand out. Looks like it has the back of a Prowler. It does have style, but to me not as much style that our G35 Sports coupe get's....

Is Chrysler american or german now or what is it? Sheesh being that Mercedies owns them I guess they would be German eh? *lost*

But I love the G like a fat kid loves cake.. It has everything... Style, Performance, looks, sex appeal. Only thing I don't like is the mpg, but it's worth it... My problem is I drive the G too much [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Now as for the Crossfire forum!!!! I love how it looks and you did a good job Mighty. Keep up the good work and pass that template around ;-)

Especially that "quick register"...

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-18-2003, 04:55 PM

Maybe it's just me - but why would you post such a question in this forum? Isn't everybody going to pick the G - this is afterall G35driver.com!

Oh Well!........the G is the King of the Hill, anyway!!!

Old 07-18-2003, 05:19 PM

Saw one today in a parking lot. Nice looking car. One thing I noticed was the HUGE 19s...those have to be the biggest production wheels on any roadster.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:08 PM

Eddie,
Thanks for your comments about my forum. I appreciate it. So far my forum is the largest Crossfire Forum, and it seems to be growing well.

http://www.crossfireforum.org

Old 07-18-2003, 07:24 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The fact that there isn't even a comparable Ford or GM car to make fun of like the SRT4 or Xfire is rather telling. They're not even trying.

<hr></blockquote>

It's sad, but true. If GM or Ford made anything like the G35, I would have bought it instead. The closest thing probably will be the Pontiac GTO, but its not out yet. I've owned Fords my entire driving career up until now. Ford went completely trucks, and I really don't care for trucks. I used to have Thunderbird Turbo Coupes - loved 'em, and Ford killed it. I used to have a Contour SE V-6, loved it, and loved the SVT even more, and Ford killed it too. All that is left as a performance car is the Mustang, and I would rather wait for the next generation to come out. The Lincoln LS V-8 is OK, but I would want that with a stick, and they killed that too. As for GM, there's nothing in the stable that compares to the G35 - closest thing is probably the Cadillac CTS, but its too slow, too expensive, and too weird looking. I really like the CTS-V, but its way more expensive.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-18-2003, 10:24 PM
35C

Crossfire? - Marlin? Cant tell

Whats with all the mag racing ,lets stop comparing apples to oranges.Crossfire is a 2 seater no? So how is that even inthe comparo with a 2+2 like the G.Put cars in the class they belong in- Crossfire,350z,Mcoupe etc.. in that comparo the Crossfire is grossly underpowered,and lacks in almost every area but maybe handling-big deal so you can take an off ramp at 85 instead of 80. Compare the G to 330ci Mustangs M3 clk500 etc and already the car is in good company,can beat out those cars in many or all areas OR hang with those cars,sans an overstuffed super luxury interior(why have pounds of extra fluff if its a sports car?So the "spartan" or "cheap" interior is just right) and all for, in some cases, half the price.A few years from now the G will be sought after,supported in the aftermarket,and even hailed for its "cheap" interior because it saved weight,kept cost down and had a clean look.I liken the G to the introduction of the original Mustang.This car will be valuable,collectible and around for a while.Rx8,four door???Car looks great in person at the auto shows,but wait till you get home and are required by your state to have a front plate,youll be pretty annoyed when realize you spent thousands to drive around in the bugs bunny mobile.

The Crossfire-dicontinued in 6 years,junkyard bait in 10 years.
Mazda needs to weld the 2 back doors shut and throw in a turbo,Subaru,Mitsu need 2 door US rally cars,Toyota/lexus need the supra back with gobs of power and then we can get on with the import muscle car wars that were paused by the first gulf war/oil scare and SUV fascination where we saw 2 door rear drive sports cars evaporate.

g35 coupe black/auto/fully equipt

Old 07-18-2003, 10:47 PM

and even hailed for its "cheap" interior because it saved weight,kept cost down and had a clean look.

<hr></blockquote>

The cheap interior kept costs down, and that's good. Saved weight? No way. Clean look? Debatable, but I think its boring looking. The G35's interior is not its strong point - hey no car is perfect - no sense in trying to make excuses for it by saying they produced this interior to save weight when its just no the case. I'm glad they put the money towards the performance hardware, and not towards the interior. I wouldn't want to pay another $2k for a nicer interior either. But I think they could do better with the dashboard styling and the plastics texture and feel that would make it look more expensive without costing anything more. That's my only beef.

we can get on with the import muscle car wars

<hr></blockquote>

An "import muscle car" is an oxymoron, and there's no such animal.

that were paused by the first gulf war/oil scare

<hr></blockquote>

That had very little to do with the import sports car sales decline of the early '90s.

where we saw 2 door rear drive sports cars evaporate.

<hr></blockquote>

I wouldn't say evaporate. A difficult time for such cars, for sure. There were a couple of bright spots though such as the Mustang and Corvette which saw sales increase significantly during this time. The Miata faired very well too.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-18-2003, 11:49 PM
Chrysler Art of Driving

Unfortunately, the Chrysler Art of Driving has only one more stop, San Francisco. If you're near there, sign up (click Register):
http://www.chrysler.com/artofdriving/

You'll be able to drive the G35 coupe (auto) back to back with a Crossfire. They should have slalom-like courses and a straightaway set up. You'll only drive each once, but, hey, it's free and you can floor the gas pedals.

TerraDrifter

Old 07-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Re: Chrysler Art of Driving

Who cares if the Crossfire is 6.5 sec or 7.0 sec? It's still slower than the G. Also, before dealer-markup, the car STARTS at $35k. The G starts at $29k.

Bang for the buck says it all.

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded

Old 07-19-2003, 12:53 AM
Re: Chrysler Art of Driving

this is "g35driver"forum...at least last time i log on...so i'll let you guess what my answer is...i have absolutely, postively no regreats...have been chrysler owner for last 8 years(2 cars). i will NOT buy a chrysler again...whats up with 4 doors with the rx8???i f i wanted extra door(s) i would buy an saturn (or 2)...if speed was my top priority, i would buy mustang SVT crobra (0-60 4.6, 1/4 12.9)...STYLING,STYLING,STYLING...s.w.

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 07-19-2003, 01:17 AM
35C

z06
Im just making a point you dont need to waste time picking apart every word.
The interior in the G belongs.Period Niped and tucked leather inserts and wood trim sure as the day is long is heavier than plastic.I dont think we need to debate this one.I was not billing the interior as the cars strong point! it is a weak point now (magazines pan it) but will end up being praised years from now.Not many liked the dash on 57 chevys either,said it "looked like the rising sun,designed by communists",etc.Now go to a car show and its "oh my the dashboard is beautiful"
IMport mucle car was just my way of desribing powerful import autos late 80s-90s.I guess I should have taken the time to say "is my personal belief that the late 80s 90s imports were like the muscle cars of the 60s with the power and styling they brought to the market, and I do declare that from now on I will refer to these cars as Import muscle cars" would you then not have pointed out that my terminology was :"incorrect" in YOUR opinion.Or you could define mucle car (by what dictionary?)*edit*from websters-"muscle car -noun-A high-performance automobile, often with flashy, sporty styling".and attach import and then we can have a debate about if its ok for me to refer to these cars in such a way
And maybe you could provide us with an analysis of why those cars dissapeared,because my war/oil/suv OPINION/THEORY by your estimation "had very little to do with it"
So then what did?

Also my use of the word "evaporated" was not quite right for you.I should be more "correct" and use bland words or use facts and figures.I was just adding flavor to writing.Maybe the word flavor is no good.Maybe you could write it better.
By the way I think when cars like Camaro and Trans Am which were produced for 30+ years and 300z and supra get discontinued,I think evaporated was pretty good.

I cant stand when people pick apart others posts because there is word they dont like or a term not used the way they thnk it should be.Correcting facts and figures - fine,but when I have to explain myself,by killing another ten minutes typing it makes this forum near useless.

g35 coupe black/auto/fully equipt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35C or Crossfire or RX8?