G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah it's about 2 inches. Plus less weight, less money, and less future problems (leaks, electrical, crazy bose things).. And after all of that it's a sportier car too. Do racecars have sunroofs??

Old 10-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by badtziscool
No sunroof for me either. Bose system didn't seem worth it to me and I didn't want a sunroof since I could only use it like 1 month out of the year here in the south.

AND it wasn't a special order. They had a DG with stone 5at available so I picked it up. No regrets at all.

Actually, I'm glad that I didn't get a sunroof cuz I generally like to sit high in the car and when I test drove the G with a sunroof, I though to myself that the car didn't have much head room. I think head room increases by like 1.5 inches, but that 1.5 makes a difference.
1.5? probably not, more like .5

Old 10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SkylineR35
Yeah it's about 2 inches. Plus less weight, less money, and less future problems (leaks, electrical, crazy bose things).. And after all of that it's a sportier car too. Do racecars have sunroofs??

Not even close to 2 inches

do race cars have leather seats? power windows? door locks? etc etc

Old 10-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by sesegal99
Dude, I've got one. CB '03
>> +1

Old 10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Derek173
Not even close to 2 inches

do race cars have leather seats? power windows? door locks? etc etc

Or nearly weigh in at 3500 lbs???

Old 10-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by 1001
i have a blk G without a sunroof. when i was at a meet last time, someone told me "Wow i don't see much G35s with a hardtop." if you think a not having a sunroof is rare, have you seen a G with cloth seats?

i got cloth seats. no sunroof. SUX! no brembos! SUXx2 !! only goodie i got is the oem 18s (and a crappy spoiler.)

well, at least the cloth seat hold my *** really good when i am driving fast...

Old 10-13-2005, 07:45 PM
OMG I cannot even imagine my G with no sunroof...
*I usually tilt it open at night, it's great & quiet and provides ventillation without the need to have the windows open which causes drag and burns more gas at highway speeds.
*When the weather is nice and I'm just cruising, there is nothing better than opening the roof & windows and riding, it's the closest you get to a convertible!
*When it's raining and I don't want to run the AC I tilt the roof and the car is confortable; the air flows well and dry, right through the car.
*When you have to park out in the sun you can tilt the roof then lock up the car, the heat escapes from the high opening keeping the car much cooler inside, especially with the dark tint.
*When you smoke that car that was just messing with you, you can wave bye bye through the open roof!
*Females love it!

I could go on & on!

Last edited by htownboy; 10-13-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ When you fart in your car and it gets hotboxed but its too cold to open the windows...you can let the stench evaporate through the sunroof...

Old 10-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
^ When you fart in your car and it gets hotboxed but its too cold to open the windows...you can let the stench evaporate through the sunroof...
Amen, I sure could, but it never gets "too cold" in Houston!

Last edited by htownboy; 10-13-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Derek173
1.5? probably not, more like .5
The extra headroom is about 1.5 inches. The interior volume also increases from 84.9 cubic feet to 86.6 cubic feet. I have sat and driven coupe with and without sunroofs. I ordered one without the sunroof due to the fact I barely fit in a sunroof car with my height and prefered seating position. So now I have a have a car that I can even drive at the track with a helmet on, without changing my seating position. It is more that .5 of an inch...trust me.

I like toys and gadgets. If I would have been comfortable with a sunroof, I would have gotten one and not suffered through three months of torture waiting for my car That said...after two years of ownership, if I had to do it over again I would order the car again without a sunroof even if there was enough headroom to begin with.

EDIT! I just realized you have a non-roof car as well if that is you on the track Dude, you gotta realize its more that .5 of an inch! Nice looking ride by the way.... Is that a G35 coupe? With no sunroof??!! I didn't know they came that way

Last edited by dothemath; 10-13-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
That IP actually looks cleaner without the sunroof...

Thanks It kids of stinks though when I fart and there is only two places for the smell to get out instead of three

Old 10-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I got one, 05 DG on black, 6mt coupe 298 hp, sport tune suspension, 19" rims - all these options were included in the base price of the 6mt. No other opptions. sunroofs arn't race legal btw and add weight and reduce torsional rigidity.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by dothemath
Thanks It kids of stinks though when I fart and there is only two places for the smell to get out instead of three
LOL

Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin
I got one, 05 DG on black, 6mt coupe 298 hp, sport tune suspension, 19" rims - all these options were included in the base price of the 6mt. No other opptions. sunroofs arn't race legal btw and add weight and reduce torsional rigidity.
I really can relate to the taller guys that are comfortable without the sunroof, but come on, weight being a factor is just crazy, myth is the sunroof adds 50lbs. when it is actually more like 18lbs. and that is about the same as 3 gallons of gas... Just think if your car is full of fuel and I have burnt 4 gallons from a full tank, my car with the roof is now lighter than yours (considering other options similar); see how close it is. Also, I can't see where $1000-1500 makes nearly any difference in a 30K+ car; what, a few dollars a month?
Also, better than 98% of G owners will not track the car so it makes no difference if it's race legal or not to them.

Hey it's cool if people don't want a roof in the car, I just would like to let people that may be wondering know just how nice it is to have for those that did decide to get it, the car is absolutlely beautifull with or without it!

Last edited by htownboy; 10-13-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by 1001
i have a blk G without a sunroof. when i was at a meet last time, someone told me "Wow i don't see much G35s with a hardtop." if you think a not having a sunroof is rare, have you seen a G with cloth seats?
i surely havent...haha jp...i have cloth seats...rather have leather but whatever

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??