G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got mine baseline, no premium, no aero, no nothing. the only options i got were splash gaurds and trunk mat, n thats cuz they made me, couldnt find any in CA without those 2 options.

i dont want to ruin teh rigidity of the roof with that thing i would never use. have one in the bmw and never used it so didnt get it on teh G.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The very first coupe I saw at the dealer was a base 6mt no S/R and it had cloth seats. It was going for 29720 msrp I couldn't believe the price and almost bought it. Someone ordered it but didn't pick it up because he decided to get one with a Premium package. It was the only one I ever saw I haven't seen one since.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually wanted one without the sunroof and Bose. Had to have Nav so was forced into it.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Coupes with 17" rims slay me.... I see a few people around with them

it really makes me want to cry.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Coupes with 17" rims slay me.... I see a few people around with them

it really makes me want to cry.
whats wrong with 17' s?

Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??-virpro-001forg35.jpg   Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??-virpro-003forg35.jpg   Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??-virpro-002forg35.jpg  
Old 10-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by baileyrx
whats wrong with 17' s?
I second that! Tires are way cheaper too.
baileyrx - why the painters tape?

Old 10-14-2005, 01:11 AM
_G_
Yeah, the 17's had to go. I bought mine with the bare minimum. I knew I would be swapping things out with aftermarket or non-financed OEM parts. This IP beauty has cloth interior and no sunroof. I never really liked leather, and I preferred no sunroof probably because of past hassles with them. No regrets here...$29,900 2004 5AT.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??-before-now.jpg  
Old 10-14-2005, 02:47 AM
Same here knowing I am a modder...why get all the options when im going to just rip it all out.I got my G for 27,000;can you blame me...

Old 10-14-2005, 03:12 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy
OMG I cannot even imagine my G with no sunroof...
*I usually tilt it open at night, it's great & quiet and provides ventillation without the need to have the windows open which causes drag and burns more gas at highway speeds.
*When the weather is nice and I'm just cruising, there is nothing better than opening the roof & windows and riding, it's the closest you get to a convertible!
*When it's raining and I don't want to run the AC I tilt the roof and the car is confortable; the air flows well and dry, right through the car.
*When you have to park out in the sun you can tilt the roof then lock up the car, the heat escapes from the high opening keeping the car much cooler inside, especially with the dark tint.
*When you smoke that car that was just messing with you, you can wave bye bye through the open roof!
*Females love it!

I could go on & on!
i agree with everything except i don't smoke

i rarely open the windows when I can open the sunroof for a little air and less wind noise.

i wouldn't mind have a targa top either like the supra

Old 10-14-2005, 11:02 AM
The 6MT had everything I really wanted. I really didn't want the sunroof. While some of the other options would have been nice, most seemed to be a waste of money for me. The BOSE sucks, the Homelink wouldn't work with my opener, I don't care about auto-headlights, etc. And when you then get into the sunroof being required for some additional option packages BS, I was suddenly looking at $3K-$4K for a $50-$100 option. Homelink and Driver's Seat Memory are the only things I wish my G had that it doesn't.

As for weight savings, the sunroof glass alone has to be close 18 pounds. But when you add up all the heft brought on by those additional options, then yes, a weight savings does suddenly become an added benefit for the models without Prem./Sunroof/Nav.

And as was pointed out by others, the increased headroom, lack of additional creak/rattle source and better torsional rigidity are all reasons I prefer a hardtop.

As for luxury... ...my POS $16K commuter car ('03 Chevy Cavalier) had a sunroof, as well as every other sub-$30K car I've ever owned. I simply don't see them as being a luxruy item. An additional option, yes, but never required to be considered a luxury vehicle. In the end, I've lived with them for many years and have simply grown to hate them. The negative traits have overcome the benefits... ...to me.

Nav would definately add a bling factor, but the fact is that I live in West Texas and simply don't need a navigation unit. The simple pressence of a screen was of more interest than the nav system intself. But all that added money for a screen that can't play DVDs without even more investment... ... . If I lived in a big city or CA or something, then Nav. would have been usefull.

I normally do get all the bells and whistles, which should help illustrate just how useless and bloated those option packages were for me.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
keeps the headlights from getting chipped while on the road course

Old 10-14-2005, 08:11 PM
I've got an 04 6MT with no sunroof, just side molding, xm radio and splash guards. I don't miss the sun roof at all. My wife's two cars both have sun roofs and she's NEVER used them. I probably would if I had it but since I don't, I don't miss it. I wanted to avoid some of the associated problems with the extra appliance and after close to two years owership, I don't have a single squeek, squawk, or rattle. (knocks on head)

Old 10-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Own a black 6mt no sunroof by choice.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:54 PM
I didnt want to get sunroof, but since Im too bad at roads, I had to get navi which meant premium which meant sunroof.

I never use the sunroof. It just adds on wheight (and in the worst part, the top) and, if you dont take good care, it will leak in a couple of years (after waranty expires).

Old 10-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Take pictures of the cloth interior!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever seen a G coupe w/out a sunroof??