G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ultimate Dealer Story (funny)!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda doesn't make Acura, where did you get that information from? I also heard Nissan does suck. and why do people think Toyota makes Lexus? Toyota are Japanese cars while Lexus is from Europe like BMW and Mercedes.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SanDiego
So my father and I are cruising the local honda dealers here in San Diego looking for a sports car for him. No offense to our older members, but my pop is 50ish, kids out of the house, divorced, little crazy... basically at the moment in life where things don't make much sense and don't need too.

To continue, we look at vettes (my vote), mercs slk, boxsters, z4s, and finally we end our day with S2000s. This is where it gets hilarious. So we are walking around the S2000 on the lot, doing the usual look over. The saleswoman comes out and starts her babbling yadda yadda yadda.

Finally my dad asks how bad is the cost on replacement parts for the car mentioning that he has an old acura legend that was pretty exspensive.

Sales person --- oh the parts aren't bad nothing like acura parts. Personally , acuras are not reliable because of cheap engineering.

Dad --- Really, I thought Acuras an off shoot brand of Honda.

Sales person --- No... they are a completely separate automotive manufacturers.

This is where I but in hahahaha

Me --- I am pretty sure Acura is the luxury brand for american hondas.

Sales person --- Nope they are completely different, honda doesn't make acura parts.

Two seconds of dead air pass...

Me --- Hey dad you ready to go?

Dad --- Yep.

So if you want a laugh during your lunch break and work close to the Honda dealer off convoy in San Diego, check it out.
Was she hot though? If so, that would make it alright with me.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Must be a coincidence that my honda parts fit my cousins integra and vice versa...

Old 10-14-2005, 07:31 PM
As if! Infiniti cars suck. That's why I put Nissan emblems on my car. They're TOTALLY different....like.....really

Old 10-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I met my father at the dealership when he bought his Cadillac. A CTV drives by and the salesperson said "I drove that car the other day" and he raced a new porche 911 turbo and beat it badly. I called BS. I said it out load! I said that thing can't even beat an M3. He said I was wrong. I said what can it do 0-60, he said under 4 second. I laught in his face. He got aggressive, so I just walked away and went home. Went on the internet and printed the specs on the CTV, 0-60, 5 second (estimate) from the manufaturer. I went back for a fight but my father already purchesed the car from the IDIOT!

Old 10-14-2005, 09:52 PM
haha funny

Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
Was she hot though? If so, that would make it alright with me.
hahaha no, 40ish brunette. I love asking techinical questions when at the dealership, not only does it make for a easy method of cutting off their sales pitch, but keeps their mouth shut from then on for fear of making a bigger fool of themselves.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lmao! Funny stuff.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:22 AM
completely different...lol

Old 10-04-2006, 03:25 AM
Premier Member

Tell her to go to an ACURA dealership and look at the oil filter...Or even look at the sticker on the door jam....Its says in bold print...HONDA MOTOR CO...mmmmuuhhhaa....

Old 10-04-2006, 05:18 AM
wow. just wow.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 AM
No offence to female members, but I had the same experience with a woman at a GMC dealer. I was ready to trade my silverado in for a GMC and this lady and I got into an arguement because she said that the full size sierra and silverado were completly different trucks and shared no parts. She then went on to say the gmcs had bigger engines, more power, more towing,and better brakeing than the chevys. I just left the dealership, I coulden't talk to her. It seems dealerships would screen or educate their dealers better. Just like the original poster, they lost my sale because of her.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 AM
G35driver Addict
salespeople are amazing. I hate their pitches and tune them out.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 AM
LOL! I had a sales lady at Infiniti of Mobile once argue with me that Toyoda owned Infiniti.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I got one you guys...

A friend of mine and I went to look at the new Civic Si a few months ago. We parked my G and walked up to the closest SI we could find. After checking it out he fell in love with the car, but then saw the price tag. The MSRP on the car was 20400 + 5000 for the body kit the dealership installed + 5000 for “premium” mark-up! The car was priced at 30400! I laughed so hard that actual tears came out of my eyes. We were about to leave but a salesman walked up to us. He asked Ted (my friend) if he wanted to drive it, and Ted agreed. The drive started out pretty well, he let my friend rip on the car to show off its performance potential. He said the car performed better than the S2000 and was more practical. He went on and said that because the S2000 has such a BIG engine that he (tall guy) could not fix in it. Let me remind you that the new civic SI and the older S2000 have the same size motor—a 2.0L! He also said the S2000 gets terrible gas mileage too. I wanted to turn around and kick his *** right there. Our friend has one, and averages 32 mpg if he babies it and about 28 mpg if he pushes it. At this point I was very turned off but he kept on going. I then pointed out the car was priced 30400 which is rediculous because you could get very nice cars for that amount such as: a Lexus IS250, a BMW 325i, and an Audi A4 2.0T, etc. He then said the one thing that just absolutely drove me insane!

“Let me explain to you economics! When there aren’t many of these cars we can sell them at much higher prices. We can raise the price to anything we want!”

I just then laugh out loud, and politely replied, “I have a college degree in corporate finance sir. I definitely have a comprehensive understanding of the laws demand and supply. The main things you have to remember when pricing a commodity like a CIVIC SI are: disposable income of potential buyers, product substitution, and unique competencies. Generally speaking 20ish males are going to buy this car and are not going to spend 30K+ on it. A person who has 30K+ to spend on a car is not going to buy a civic because he/she can afford cars that are much nicer. This car is an economy car which is engineered for people who want a liable, cheap, good on gas, and “fun” car. YOU CANNOT CHARGE 30K+ FOR AN ECONOMY CAR; THAT IS WHY HONDA PRICED IT AT 20K!”

We started this “journey” with laughter and some mockery but left in disgust. We walked across the street and got a brand new fully loaded Acura RSX type-S (which a better made civic SI minus the LSD) for 21K which is 3 or 4K below MSRP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Dealer Story (funny)!!!!!