G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ultimate Dealer Story (funny)!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate Dealer Story (funny)!!!!!

So my father and I are cruising the local honda dealers here in San Diego looking for a sports car for him. No offense to our older members, but my pop is 50ish, kids out of the house, divorced, little crazy... basically at the moment in life where things don't make much sense and don't need too.

To continue, we look at vettes (my vote), mercs slk, boxsters, z4s, and finally we end our day with S2000s. This is where it gets hilarious. So we are walking around the S2000 on the lot, doing the usual look over. The saleswoman comes out and starts her babbling yadda yadda yadda.

Finally my dad asks how bad is the cost on replacement parts for the car mentioning that he has an old acura legend that was pretty exspensive.

Sales person --- oh the parts aren't bad nothing like acura parts. Personally , acuras are not reliable because of cheap engineering.

Dad --- Really, I thought Acuras an off shoot brand of Honda.

Sales person --- No... they are a completely separate automotive manufacturers.

This is where I but in hahahaha

Me --- I am pretty sure Acura is the luxury brand for american hondas.

Sales person --- Nope they are completely different, honda doesn't make acura parts.

Two seconds of dead air pass...

Me --- Hey dad you ready to go?

Dad --- Yep.

So if you want a laugh during your lunch break and work close to the Honda dealer off convoy in San Diego, check it out.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HAHA wow i cant believe she would say that!!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 02:12 AM
was the saleswoman a blondie?

Old 10-14-2005, 03:01 AM
Lmao!! That's funny, I can't believe some people still don't know that Honda makes Acura.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:13 AM
no way....

Old 10-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was funny. Another reason to beleive once again Salesman or in this case saleswomen don't know squat.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Yah.. She definitely hasn't been to her company's website. It should be apparant by the fact that on the honda website their is a link to Acura vehicles.

Lol.. That's a good one!

Old 10-14-2005, 09:18 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how little these people know about the cars.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:25 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
I wouldn't laugh so hard about Honda dealerships. I don't think Infiniti salesmen are any better. In the past two and half years I've been on this board, I've read people's post claiming they heard their salesmen say things like:

- Convertible coupe
- Convertible coupe with hardtop
- 2 seater coupe
- V8 coupe
- AWD coupe
- TD exhaust
- TT coupe

and more fun stuff

That's why I take any salesman's word with a very very BIG chunk of salt...

Old 10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Similar Story

I went with my mother to look for her new car..a replacement for her 2001audi A6 2.7T..She wanted a 4WD sedan so we looked at the E320 4 matic. We talked to a very nice saleswomen who really did not know what she was doing so i decided to test her. I asked how many horsepower was standard and she said 250...ok just about 20 off.Then i asked her what the 0 to 60 time was on the car and she replied "In the Low 5 second range" so at this point i said maybe we can get a good deal out of this since she didn't know ANYTHING about the car. Quick quote was 62,000 Yes right on target.. so we left swiftly.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Car salesmen and a different breed. There should seriously be a study on these people.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:16 PM
HONDA.com

what's that SECOND icon from the left? HRMMM...

AND on Acura's website..

Originally Posted by www.acura.com
Since 1986, Acura has consistently raised the performance standards for luxury cars, from performance coupes and sedans to the MDX sport-utility vehicle and NSX exotic sports car. The performance luxury division of the American Honda Motor Company, Acura is renowned for its groundbreaking technologies, superior engineering and aggressive styling. And above all, the Acura brand is celebrated for its unsurpassed quality. Every vehicle is built upon the premise that integrity breeds excellence. And this ethos extends beyond its workings in the automobile industry. From its sponsorship of sporting events to its participation in community affairs, Acura is committed to fostering many modes of performance.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:34 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
all I have to say to this thread is....NISSAN's SUCK!

Old 10-14-2005, 12:54 PM
The most knowledgable car salesperson I've ever dealt with simply had the brochure memorized. He would quote all of the little bits in the same words as the brochure used. I could tell he really didn't know much more beyond that, but at least he was trying to know product he was selling.

When they start in on all the features, I usually ask them to stop trying to sell me, as I've likely accumulated more info on the specific model than they have.

In all of my years, I've only encountered 2 or 3 salesmen that were truly car enthusiasts. Unfortunately, they didn't seem to know a lot about the cars they were selling. Can't ask for everything, I suppose.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I was looking at subies a few months ago and the saleswoman was raving about how good the 2.5L 'intercharged turbo-cooled' boxer motor was. she kept saying it. i kept laughing at her. [the end]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Dealer Story (funny)!!!!!