AC not up to par?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 01:54 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: AC not up to par?

My ac works pretty good as far as general cooling. My complaint with it is:
1). It seems impossible to move the vents to a comfortable position that doesn't blow on me directly.
2). When on automatic mode, the fan always seems to be running to fast for my taste , so I eventually manually slow it down. Usually these auto modes on my past cars slow the fan down as the car cools, but the G seems to keep running at the same speed when in auto mode.

Old 07-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GSG, just turn up the heat in your car. I have start mine around 76 degrees and then move it to 82 when the car cools off since it gets too cold.

Old 07-22-2003, 12:40 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Tonke73 - but, if you have to adjust something, whats the point of "automatic mode?" I move the fan speed down and you move the temp up - either way we are over-riding the "automatic" feature and manually adjusting something. In any other car I have had, once in auto mode, you ususally do not have to manually over-ride the system. Automatic a/c is not something new, its been around since at least the 80's! It should work perfectly.

Old 07-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

GM has the best heat and AC systems period.

<hr></blockquote>
Oh, I wouldn't go THAT far...
The GM's I've owned in the last decade had woeful heating / A/C systems compared to the FOMOCO vehicles that have graced my driveway. As for the G35 Coupe, I think it blows them all away. Even with the graphite interior and no tint on the windows, I crank that puppy up and in no time I'm diverting vents or turning it down, no matter how hot it gets. I LOVE the A/C in my coupe, it rocks!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 07-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just returned from a trip from LA to Vegas. It was 115 driving through the desert, and I kept having to turn up the temperature control becuase it got so freezing in my coupe. Finally settled on 78 in the auto/econ mode. This is a great car for cruising to Vegas.. plenty quite, plenty smooth and extra power for passing when you need it.