G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35C Problems..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35C Problems..

Are people having as many problems as they are with the Z right now? Messed up transmissions, abnormal tire wear, a multitude of squeaks and rattles, bad upgraded stereo, etc...
Comments please!

Old 12-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Re: G35C Problems..

Probably not, since some of the coupes bad things were solved with seeing where the sedan had problems. The Z didn't have this luxury.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-12-2002, 06:36 PM

That is true... although the transmission debuted at the same time in the Z and in the G35C. Have there been any transmission issues thus far?

Old 12-13-2002, 06:29 PM

I've had a few minor problems. My windows both squeaked at first, this has stopped as did the grease marks. The only other problem was the brakes sqealing at first, which has also subsided for the time being. The only rattle I've noticed is the passenger seat belt hitting the door from time to time, it usually just needs to be adjusted so that it stops hitting the door. So far so good, but I'm waiting for something to go wrong sadly. The price you pay for having a car before any one else.

Old 12-13-2002, 06:41 PM

Is this grease thing on the window you're talking about on the drivers side? Believe it or not, I've had my coupe since Nov.21 and have only rolled down my window twice. Each time I've put it back up I've noticed a grease streak about a 3rd from the front edge. I thought this was something that may have occurred as a result of having my windows tinted. If this is a known problem, I guess I better roll them up and down a few times to get rid of that annoying grease mark.

Old 12-13-2002, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe w/ K&N CAI

This in now way means I do not love my Coupe, cause I do. But I do have some problems as referenced above. The passenger side front Bose speaker module is bad & the audio is distorted. The dealer has been waiting weeks for a Bose module on order & I have finally got consumer affairs involved, no resolution yet, as they just started (12/11), but it's an irritating problem, especially since I commute about an hour each way. I also have a rattle problem, that I know where it is localized, but not sure the exact part that's doing it. It's in the sunroof, & it's actually a clattering sound, literally like metal against metal, & it only happens while going over rough bumps, or when turning & going over bumps, Somtimes even just a turn with some force will cause it to clatterm which is of course, with the low roof line, RIGHT IN MY EAR!. I "think" it might be related to the accordian style side air guards which are not present on the sedans. So tonight I stuck a piece of paper folded over a few times, between the bottom of the accordian side guards & the metal track, it's too soon to say, since only certain road conditions produce it, but I think that might be it. Funny thing is, the accordian material is on each side, but the clatter only comes from the passenger side. I only have 2000 miles on it, so I have not observed anything with tire wear, & other than the sunroof clatter, the cabin is very rattle & squeak free, which is a BIG deal with me. I did also have, what would eventually (not initially) be diagnosed, as a short in the bulb socket for the side marker light located INSIDE the headlight assembly. The dealer told me they basically almost have to take of the front bumper to get to those lights. (I know I have seen elsewhere in these forums dialog about upgrading the lower halogen bulbs under the Xenon's) Once the speaker comes in, they will also have to do the bulb again, along with the socket, so I may ask if I can watch how they get into the headlight assembly. I have had a new Infiniti prior which never had this many problems up front, but there is a risk being the first one on the block, & as long as they are there in the long run, which they always have been to date for any concerns I have had. It's so worth it to me!! I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

SoCalMMR

Old 12-14-2002, 10:00 AM

Cool, thanks for the replies... that's what I thought I would hear... It sounds like it's mostly first year jitters, and on top of that, it sounds like it's less than what the Z is having, and that you guys are experiencing help from the dealerswith your problems, as opposed to the Z drivers.