G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Go Nissan Dealer instead of Infinity for service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go Nissan Dealer instead of Infinity for service?

i have problem with my window opening half way when i tried to close it. Since 3 of my buddies all work in Nissan, the other one just told me it's a common problem with Maxima, altima and it's just a motor needs to re-program. My question is now can i just go to Nissan since i know i can trust and get loads of discount on service or do i have to go to infiniti? also will infiniti honor those services and not giving me hell for not going to infiniti?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:39 PM
You may want to contact Infiniti as I've heard that it may not be covered under warranty if you don't take it to Infiniti unless there isn't one near you.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Also for reference, what part from 350Z that i can use in my G (Brake Pad,Oil Filter, axel etc.... ?)so i can ask my friend to give me and slap in my G?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by xswl0931
You may want to contact Infiniti as I've heard that it may not be covered under warranty if you don't take it to Infiniti unless there isn't one near you.

I have to travel at least 15 miles for the nearest Infiniti dealer.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AthenG
I have to travel at least 15 miles for the nearest Infiniti dealer.

That's like wut...10 mins drive? haha I'd just call the Nissan service dept and ask if it's covered by warranty. Hate for you to pay $300 for parts and labor when you could've gotten it free at Infiniti.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Swerving and Weaving
Originally Posted by xswl0931
please get your facts straight.

i worked at West Houston infiniti over the summer and one of the issues i disucssed with my service manager was that there was not an Infiniti dealer around Lubbock, Tx where i go to school. He informed me that i can take my 04 coupe to the nissan dealer for qualified service, but they do not have to honor the warranty for my G35.

I would strongly suggest that since this will be under warranty anyways you take your g35 to your local Infiniti dealer. They will be able to help you the most.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:17 PM
I guess i can drive to infinity but i leave in an island (Staten Island, NYC) and for me to get out i have to pay toll for bridge, highway toll. i'm just considering Nissan for regular maintenance since i have buddies who work there and might be able to get parts free or in a discount and not pay for labor since i do favore for them. Now since 350Z and G are almost identical i'm just curious what parts can i take advantage and not break my warranty.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:57 PM
It is INFINITI NOT Infinity

Old 10-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by SilverII
It is INFINITI NOT Infinity
If you look at my main post except the title i got the spelling right it's just when typing and not doing proof reading my fingers tend to type Y.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
all warrantee work has to be handled by infiniti. for all else go to nissan. i.e. oil change at Pepe Infinit = $80...oil change at White Plains Nissan = $30. Not to mention that Pepe is NOT mod friendly whereas WPN's service manager and son both modify their Nissans, the manager personally took my car in and put it up on the lift to make sure everything went ok. Although he scraped the underside bringing it in, I know he didn't mean it and took as much care of my car as possible. I hate my dealer and probably will never buy another Infiniti again because of them.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 PM
15 miles is far since when? How far do you drive to work?

You live in Staten Island? Just drive 20 minutes (if that) to Ray Catena in Edison NJ

Old 10-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Poptarts
please get your facts straight.

i worked at West Houston infiniti over the summer and one of the issues i disucssed with my service manager was that there was not an Infiniti dealer around Lubbock, Tx where i go to school. He informed me that i can take my 04 coupe to the nissan dealer for qualified service, but they do not have to honor the warranty for my G35.

I would strongly suggest that since this will be under warranty anyways you take your g35 to your local Infiniti dealer. They will be able to help you the most.
How exactly did what I say conflict with what you are saying?

Old 10-25-2005, 02:47 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
when I changed my brakes, I went to a Nissan dealership...they give you less hassle about mods...also, Infiniti wouldn't turn my rotors and the Niossan dealership did. No probs at all and I have 6,000+ miles on the newly turned rotors and new pads.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:14 AM
I guess the question here is not whether Nissan can or will perform service on your car. The question would be whether it is or isn't covered by the factory warranty, the same as it would be if you went to an Infiniti dealer directly.

As for spelling it "Infinity" you should punch yourself in the eye.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:10 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol

As for spelling it "Infinity" you should punch yourself in the eye.
thanks for the laugh at 3AM!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Go Nissan Dealer instead of Infinity for service?