G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Goodbye '05 Coupe - You're Lemon Law'd!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates? Get anything from Nissan / dealer yet?

Old 12-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by G_coupe_in_AZ
Originally Posted by GSpotNY77
The dealership has screwed me, so now it's time for me to do some screwing of my own.
Have you ever stopped to think who will REALLY be paying for "your screwing"? The answer is the consumer. I agree to file lemon law if it's warranted, but to ask for $8,000 in payments to be refunded after driving the car for any length of time....just seems absurd to me. Your down payment I can see being refunded. That's like renting a house for a year, and asking the landlord to refund your years rent because you had a leaking faucet.

The same holds true to people "screwing" the insurance companies. The end result is just higher premiums for everybody.

Just my opinion -
I agree with this statement.

If you lease a car... you are essentially renting it from the dealership for a set amount of months(You pay them X amount of dollars and they let you use their car for X amount of months and miles). The only way I see Infiniti reimbursing you completely for $8 grand that you spent, is if you can somehow argue that the car was in the dealership for warranty service for a majority of the time you've owned it, leaving you without any transportation. It appears as though this is not the case though, considering you've accumulated over $8K miles during the span of your lease thus far.

Otherwise... you have used Infiniti's vehicle for the past several months, taken a significant amount of money off of its resale value through your ownership of it, and now are expecting them to eat the cost of the vehicle because you are not happy with the end result of the situation. Even if you had them doing warranty repairs on your car, I presume they provided you with a suitable loaner car throughout the entire duration of the service?

Maybe they could reimburse you for $2K of the total expenses of your lease as a sign of condolences for poor service or inability to rectify the initial mechanical problems or live up to the standard of quality that consumers expect from an Infinit...

But to expect to be able to drive a $40K luxury/sports car for $8000+ miles completely free is obvoiusly a flawed expectation.

Best of luck getting the car Lemon Law'd, but I really doubt you'll see a very considerable amount of cash reiumbursed on your past payments.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:06 PM
GSpotNY77 - ever get any money back?

Old 02-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Opinion

Originally Posted by wnt1bd
Hmmmm, I thought a Lemon had to do with the drivability of the car. Seems like you had to jump hurdles to reproduce the sound. I'm not trying to be an a$$, but it sounds more like you didn't like the car very much, and you are looking to get out of the lease. Axle clicking is not a serious problem that causes imminent danger to the driver or passenger of the car, but maybe Infiniti just got tired of your complaints, so they decided to let you get out of it. Anyway Good Luck with your goal and I hope you get all you asked for.
I disagree. Who wants their axle clicking while they drive. I have the same problem with my coupe, but only at low speeds. Very annoying. Haven't gone in for the TSB yet. At any rate, for the money we payed on these vehicles, the quality should be better with regards to this issue. If this guy can get out of the lease, more power to him. He obviously liked the car enough to lease it, so if he doesn't like it now because of this issue I think it's valid. Sometimes "simple" problems like this are enough to spoil your new car experience and make you want to move on to something else.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I have the same problem with my coupe, but only at low speeds.
wow, i never realized this was happening to this many people!! i always thought it was normal or there was a rock stuck in my tire or something

Old 02-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Well, if it happens to a lot of people, it is normal Undesireable perhaps, but normal.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gashed
I disagree. Who wants their axle clicking while they drive. I have the same problem with my coupe, but only at low speeds. Very annoying. Haven't gone in for the TSB yet. At any rate, for the money we payed on these vehicles, the quality should be better with regards to this issue. If this guy can get out of the lease, more power to him. He obviously liked the car enough to lease it, so if he doesn't like it now because of this issue I think it's valid. Sometimes "simple" problems like this are enough to spoil your new car experience and make you want to move on to something else.
It will be interesting to see how this case is resolved. I don't think the guy who filed the claim will be happy with the result. When the Lemmon Law was first put into effect, the quality of cars was horrific. It wasn't unusual to see cars parked along the side of the road because of engine problems. Many of these cars had multiple problems that took weeks to repair, and at that time Dealers did not offer loaners. So the Lemmon Law was put into effect to protect consummers when their cars had serious problems that put their cars out of service for prolonged periods of time. It will be interesting to see if a clicking sound meets the definition of a serious problem.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Assuming this guy is in NY and the car has less than 18k miles, here's his burdon:

The lemon law covers any defect or condition that substantially impairs the value of the motor vehicle to the consumer.

Either of the following occurs:

1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers, but the nonconformity, defect or condition continues to exist; or

2. The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of thirty or more calendar days.
So, sagging headliner could qualify. Paint defects could qualify. Clicking in the axle certainly could.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers, but the nonconformity, defect or condition continues to exist; or

It seems that laws are written in such a way so as to invite litigation. The above sentence is so dam vague that it is devoid of meaning. Obviously everything hinges on the word "noncomformity." I'd love to see the legal definition of that term.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Naturally I didn't quote the whole document.

The lemon law covers any defect or condition that substantially impairs the value of the motor vehicle to the consumer. This is referred to as a nonconformity. The lemon law does not cover a defect or condition that is the result of abuse, neglect or unauthorized modifications or alterations of the motor vehicle.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned
WOW, this is crazy!!! IN the past 6 weeks me, my GF and my best friend all bought 2006 g35's from competition infiniti. We all got great deals also.

2 days after I got my car i had a problem with my brakes. I brought the car in the next morning and i was treated like royalty. they didnt give me any sort of hard time, got me out in 5 mins and had a 2005 g35x rental car warmed up and 6 feet from the door when i walked out. What happened was some sort of plastic bag got stuck to my rotor on the driver side and messed up the brake pad. They replaced both front rotors and both front brake pads and cleaned my car inside and out all free of charge.

I know that obviosuly things can go different ways for different people but I cant believe they are treating you so horribly. I would definitely try another dealership. My other friend just lemon lawed a 2004 350z and it took about 13 months, and around 900$ out of his pocket to get it done. He also had to fight with an arbitrator. His car LEAKED OIL FROM THE FRONT CASE 6 TIMES. much better story then yours. I highly doubt you'll be out of this car by 1-1-07 through lemon law, its not an easy process.

O and if you do end up winning it, they arent going to reimbure you 100% for the car. They need to give yous oemthing thats equal value. They will appraise your car with the mileage it has and how old it is and make a decision from there. whoever told you that they will fully reimburse you sounds like they are shootin a lil high on the expectation board

Old 02-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Wow, is this a joke? You are trying to get your car lemon lawed because it clicks if you gun it in revers from a stand still?! Have fun when our judicial system laughs at you. This is great...more of my tax money going to waste.
Man, some of the crap that's being posted...

Remember, as the previous poster said, Lemon Laws vary from state to state. New York's can be summarized here in the NY attorney general's consumer brochure:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/...w_brochure.pdf

In essence, a "clicking" can possibly be defined as something that "substantially impairs the value of the motor vehicle to the consumer."

I mean, come on. Imagine trying to resell your vehicle to someone and as you're going for a test drive with your prospective driver/buyer:

"Hey, what's that clicking noise I hear."

"Oh, that? It's nothing. Just turn up the radio and roll up the windows. See, you can't hear it anymore."

Yeah, $40,000, and I'd put up with a clicking noise too.

Turning back to the text of the law. From my interpretation, he may be entitled to a full refund, due to the car having less than 12,000 miles.

"...THEN YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO EITHER A COMPARABLE CAR OR A REFUND OF YOUR PURCHASE PRICE, PLUS LICENSE AND REGISTRATION FEES, MINUS A MILEAGE ALLOWANCE ONLY IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN DRIVEN MORE THAN 12,000 MILES."

Accoring to the summary of the New York Attorney General, "The manufacturer may deduct an amount for
mileage in excess of the first 12,000 miles. No
deductions may be made for the first 12,000
miles of use.
"

Just make sure you document EVERYTHING. Phone calls, repair attempts, etc. Place them into chronological order, documenting dates and mileage on the vehicle at each repair attempt and contact with the dealer/manufacturer. Document what was said, what they told you, etc.

As for "tax money going to waste." Nah, that's why there's arbitration. Arbitration frees the the taxpayer of the burden of court fees and the burden of tying up the courts. The manufacturer usually foots the bill since it's handled outside of the court system and they expect some issues to arise with a few of their vehicles.

Ignore the BS crap you're hearing from the rest of us "happy" G owners. You paid a lot of your hard-earned money for that car and you shouldn't have to deal with the issues you have, regardless of what others are saying.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by GSpotNY77

Going to another dealership is extremely hard for me, for many reasons: the closest one is 25 miles away from my house
The closest dealership to me is 145MILES! Don't feel so put out!

Old 02-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by reggiek
Wow, all of this is making me afraid to buy a G. Reliability is the #1 criteria I have for buying a car. That's why I own 2 Lexus cars. Every car has problems but Lexus takes care of anything and everything that happens. I used to own 2 Camaro's. I had 2 Monete Carlo's. Loved Chevy's. Didn't love the poor reliability and service. Had a Benz, same deal...crap. I'm not going back to that again.
Are the 05's okay or not?
Remember, only the guys that have problems post here. NOT the THOUSANDS who don't.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by w@ntonsoup
Assuming this guy is in NY and the car has less than 18k miles, here's his burdon:

The lemon law covers any defect or condition that substantially impairs the value of the motor vehicle to the consumer.

Either of the following occurs:

2. The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of thirty or more calendar days.

So, sagging headliner could qualify. Paint defects could qualify. Clicking in the axle certainly could.
OR is the KEYword here. You don't have to meet BOTH, just one or the orher.

BTW, it used to be three times or 30 days here in Texas. I don't know if it's changed.

Oh man some of the things people have done before the Lemon Law. One guy had an Olds that he had a lot of trouble with so he put HUGE yellow letters on it saying "This is another LEMON from Menger Olds" and parked it on the busiest street in town. That dealership is long gone.

Last edited by Texasscout; 02-18-2006 at 11:33 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.