G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Goodbye '05 Coupe - You're Lemon Law'd!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Goodbye '05 Coupe - You're Lemon Law'd!

It's official. My '05 coupe that has 8,600 miles on it is offically going bye bye. I filed for lemon law yesterday and have started the paperwork.

I filed an official complaint through Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they directed me to the Better Business Bureau AutoLine to file for Lemon Law, which I did. They are sending me the paperwork next week, where I have to include all of my information and work orders from the $hitty service department at Competition Infiniti in Smithtown, Long Island.

Reason: Clicking in the rear axle of the car. Brought it in 4 times, and the problem is back again. Since I've satisfied what I needed to do to file for Lemon Law, I will not be bringing the car back for service. It's very sad, but $hit happens. Even with a TSB out, they still can't rectify the problem.

I already told the BBB that I want out of my lease with full reimbursement of all my monthly payments including my trade-in allowance that I put down to get out of my prior car and they said that it should not be a problem.

I've already established that I will probably go to another car manufacturer. The '06 Lexus IS350 is pretty hot so I might go with that.

I'll keep everyone posted on my Lemon Law process if anyone ever has to go through what I've been going through since April with this car...

Old 10-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Wow that crazy. When was your rear axle clicking? when you accelerate or all the time? But instead of going to Lexus you should go to the BMW M3. Not to many cars as nice as that. But goodluck on the lemon law.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
► Matt ◄
I thought the definition of a lemon was multiple faulty parts and multiple faliures. Why didn't you just goto another dealer?

Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
In the beginning it was clicking everytime I accelerated from a stop. Then every time I brought it in it would get less severe. Now, the only time it clicks is when I'll drive the car for about 15 or 20 minutes, and then I'll put the car in park. Let it sit for about 10 seconds, and then put the car in reverse and hit the gas quick and hard enough to make the car "jerk" back in reverse, and then it makes a "click" sound. Technically, it's still there, so that's all I needed to hear. I'm over this car and all the headaches I've received from the "service" department.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sumlime311
Wow that crazy. When was your rear axle clicking? when you accelerate or all the time? But instead of going to Lexus you should go to the BMW M3. Not to many cars as nice as that. But goodluck on the lemon law.
how could you recomend a $65K car when he is looking to get a $39k-$40K car? That's a pretty significant price increase when you are talking cars.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Felt the same way when I got tossed around like a bastard midget in a dryer by my local dealer. Was a nightmare getting my trans replaced under warranty. Worse enough service that I won't buy from Infiniti again.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Good Luck... Unfortunately, Lemon Law cases aren't as easy as they make you think. I had a Jeep Lemon Lawed in 2000 and it took close to a year to resolve and you end up with an arbitrator or going to court since manufacturers low ball you and play games. Their pockets are a lot deeper and also they have to note it was a "lemon" or "courtesy turn in" on title which costs them when they decide to wholesale the car. Hopefully it goes smooth and fast for you. Good luck.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lemon Law: 3 times for any reason (even if same reason each time) without any results and while the vehicle is under warranty.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
how could you recomend a $65K car when he is looking to get a $39k-$40K car? That's a pretty significant price increase when you are talking cars.
Yes, it's a huge increase, although the new IS350 is about $45,000 MSRP with every option. As for the M3, sadly, I don't know how to drive stick. Otherwise, I would have gotten the 6MT G35.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Lemon Law: 3 times for any reason (even if same reason each time) without any results and while the vehicle is under warranty.
You actually have to bring it in 4 times for the same problem. Then after the 4th fix, if the problem happens again, then you can Lemon it.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Hmmmm, I thought a Lemon had to do with the drivability of the car. Seems like you had to jump hurdles to reproduce the sound. I'm not trying to be an a$$, but it sounds more like you didn't like the car very much, and you are looking to get out of the lease. Axle clicking is not a serious problem that causes imminent danger to the driver or passenger of the car, but maybe Infiniti just got tired of your complaints, so they decided to let you get out of it. Anyway Good Luck with your goal and I hope you get all you asked for.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
um is it just me or do all Gs..

drive it forward..

stop

go to neutral

go to reverse and give ita lot of gas and it'll click

O.o....

Old 10-26-2005, 06:58 PM

I agree...alot of people think that they can just slip into an M3 simply because they own an G! That car is crazy expensive. Once you add taxes, gas guzzler fees, finance charges (most can't buy it cash), and don't expect BMW to offer incentives on that model either! The M3 can easliy reach 70+K once you start adding options!

Old 10-26-2005, 07:09 PM
the car does not have to be branspankin' new. it could be used.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Maybe I'm a bit more tolerant, but I don't understand why you just don't get another G35 Coupe? I had the axle click issue and my dealer fixed it. It seems as if you're just looking to get another vehicle. And why would you want Infiniti to reimburse you for the payments you've made? Was the G in the shop an extended period of time? Did it leave you stranded on numerous occassions? I don't get it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.