G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Goodbye '05 Coupe - You're Lemon Law'd!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:49 AM
D87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the TSB for those of you that's been asking:

Last edited by D87; 10-27-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by 05GCOUPE6MT
You want to get rid of the G becuase 1 dealer could not fix the ticking . That is probably becuase they did a temp. fix as the parts are on back-order. I had to tell my dealer about the perminent fix and they were cool about it, but told me that it would take time due to back order issues. For the time being they did the temp fix for me. I could not emagine getting rid of the G, I l love the car dispite some of its minor flaws. I get so maney looks and complements.
A temp fix? C'mon. Their 4 times at a temp fix has given me so much aggravation and such $hitty service, I'm disgusted with the dealership, and has left a bad taste in my mouth for the car. Everyone is going to have their own opinion, and I don't want the car anymore.

Going to another dealership is extremely hard for me, for many reasons: the closest one is 25 miles away from my house, plus I work in NYC and I live in Eastern Long Island, and I own my own business so I don't have the time to go driving around long island to find a service department that is going to do their job properly. I did that with my '02 TLS - I went to 4 different dealerships to find a good service department that would treat me like a human being and I would leave satisfied, and I found one. Luckily, there is more than just 1 Acura dealership within a 10 mile radius of my house - Infiniti is not that easy.

I've been dealing with this problem, plus 5 other problems that I've had with the service department for the entire length of my lease, and I'm not going to put up with this $hit for another 3 more years, especially since going to another Infiniti dealership is out of the question for me. I simply do not have the time. It's hard enough going to the one that's 4 miles from my house. So if this is my way/chance to get out of this car, then I'm going to do it.

Also - if I have the opportunity to get all of my money back (over $8,000), why not go for it? The dealership has screwed me, so now it's time for me to do some screwing of my own.

I know not everyone will agree with me, but the car has given me problems and the dealership service is unbearable. Even after the 4th time of bringing my car back, and specifically meeting with the Service Manager and the General Manager of the dealership (because I put in a complaint with both of them), they both didn't give a $hit about my problems, nor did they offer me any compensation. So when I dropped it off for the 4th time for the same problem, and for them to fix the window problems that they caused from my previous visit, they charged me $46.08 for my damn oil change! They couldn't even give me a complimentary oil change. Goes to show you what f'in shmucks I'm dealing with at this dealership. So f*ck them!

Old 10-27-2005, 11:15 AM
I agree that Competition Inifiniti's customer service sucks. I bought my car there too. I never went back after I picked up my car. I get my oil changes, service and warranty issues at Millennium Infiniti in Manhasset because it's much closer to my home. The service department at Millennium should be much better than Competition. However I did read that you don't have the time to go to another dealership. I also had the rear axle clicking problem and took it to Millennium. They fixed it right away by applying Molykote grease or whatever. It's a simple warranty issue that can be fixed. However I'm not surprised that Competition failed to fix that issue for you. They are a pretty skeevy dealership if you ask me. The only reason why I went there to buy my car was because they had the best deal and also were able to order my car w/o the premium package while all the other dealerships bull$hitted me saying that the G35 does not come WITHOUT the premium package. My car was ordered in March '05 and was expected to arrive early April but I had to wait till early May which I wasn't too pleased with but it was OK. Honestly if I were you I would try to make some time and schedule an appointment with another dealership in Long Island (perhaps Massapequa or Millennium in Manhasset) to get your axle clicking noise fixed. Like I said it's not really a big issue that can't be resolved; Competition Infiniti is probably the worst Infiniti dealership in Long Island when it comes to customer service. Hope everything works out for ya.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Rear Axle Click

It seems to me that every G will eventually get this problem. I called my dealer to tell them about it and the service person said they have never heard of this rear axle clicking problem.

Sure they didn't........

I still havn't got mine fixed yet.

I have an 04.5' Coupe w/ only 6k mi. Clicking started at 5k mi.

If you drive w/ the windows down it's annoying.

Regarding the Comment about getting an M3, the maintenance and service cost is more than double that of a G35. It is important to take that into consideration.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by dosa
I agree that Competition Inifiniti's customer service sucks. I bought my car there too. I never went back after I picked up my car. I get my oil changes, service and warranty issues at Millennium Infiniti in Manhasset because it's much closer to my home. The service department at Millennium should be much better than Competition. However I did read that you don't have the time to go to another dealership. I also had the rear axle clicking problem and took it to Millennium. They fixed it right away by applying Molykote grease or whatever. It's a simple warranty issue that can be fixed. However I'm not surprised that Competition failed to fix that issue for you. They are a pretty skeevy dealership if you ask me. The only reason why I went there to buy my car was because they had the best deal and also were able to order my car w/o the premium package while all the other dealerships bull$hitted me saying that the G35 does not come WITHOUT the premium package. My car was ordered in March '05 and was expected to arrive early April but I had to wait till early May which I wasn't too pleased with but it was OK. Honestly if I were you I would try to make some time and schedule an appointment with another dealership in Long Island (perhaps Massapequa or Millennium in Manhasset) to get your axle clicking noise fixed. Like I said it's not really a big issue that can't be resolved; Competition Infiniti is probably the worst Infiniti dealership in Long Island when it comes to customer service. Hope everything works out for ya.
Dosa,

Thank you for sharing my experiences about Competition Infiniti. I know exactly where Millenium is in Manhasset because my sister lives behind the Americana, but getting to that dealership or Massapequa is difficult, since I live in Ronkonkoma and work in NYC. Even when I drop my car off for service at Competition I have to drop it off late the night before around 8pm and have them service it the following day, and make sure they have a loaner for me, because I can't get there early enough before service closes.

At this point, I filed for lemon law. I'm not interested in the car anymore, period. Even if I bring it to another dealership, and they fix the problem, what if it comes back? I'll have to start this crap up someplace else? I just want out of the car, and try to get my $ back...

Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Does this concern the 05s? Because i have an 05 6MT and everytime i accelerate with the clutch still held halfway in, I get the funny noise like something is brushing off of something underneath my car. Had the noise since day one and don't know if its normal. Have almost 5K on the odo. Anyone else get this?

Old 10-27-2005, 12:15 PM
GSpot: no problem. I understand your situation. It's unfortunate that you're going to get rid of the G35, but to each their own.

Need4Speed: do you hear a clicking noise when you press the gas or do you feel rumbling while you start accelerating from a stop? If it's a rumbling/rattling feeling from the clutch, I believe that is normal. My clutch rumbles when I'm slowly releasing the clutch while stepping on the gas in first gear. It has been discussed plenty of times on this site and I think half of the owners here who have the 6MT have it while the other half don't.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I can get something going on mine so I can get rid of my G too.. Hmmm..

Old 10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
I am sorry to heard your troubles, but hopefully everything will get solved soon.

I purchased my 05 coupe from competition infiniti a month ago, i think I got a pretty good deal on it, and they had exactly what I want, a black with stone interior.

I haven'd had services yet, although I am planning to go there for my first oil change. (my car has 1400 miles)

I live in Ronkonkoma too, and work in Secacuse, NJ, I take LIRR 5 days a week. I only get to really enjoy my G on weekends.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:00 PM
I did a little checking into the Lemon Law for your area. It looks to me like Infiniti told you to TRY and file a Lemon, but it looks to me as if the requirements have not been met, but thats just my interpretation of all the words on those multiple pages. You might want to get a lawyer to look at your case as well, and I think he will tell you the same. Good Luck!

Old 10-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I hear voices .. I see dead people when I drive my car ...
is that good enough for the Lemon Law?
j/k

Old 10-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ja_Ja_Genau
I hear voices .. I see dead people when I drive my car ...
is that good enough for the Lemon Law?
j/k
Yup!

Old 10-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by GSpotNY77
A temp fix? C'mon. Their 4 times at a temp fix has given me so much aggravation and such $hitty service, I'm disgusted with the dealership, and has left a bad taste in my mouth for the car. Everyone is going to have their own opinion, and I don't want the car anymore.

Going to another dealership is extremely hard for me, for many reasons: the closest one is 25 miles away from my house, plus I work in NYC and I live in Eastern Long Island, and I own my own business so I don't have the time to go driving around long island to find a service department that is going to do their job properly. I did that with my '02 TLS - I went to 4 different dealerships to find a good service department that would treat me like a human being and I would leave satisfied, and I found one. Luckily, there is more than just 1 Acura dealership within a 10 mile radius of my house - Infiniti is not that easy.

I've been dealing with this problem, plus 5 other problems that I've had with the service department for the entire length of my lease, and I'm not going to put up with this $hit for another 3 more years, especially since going to another Infiniti dealership is out of the question for me. I simply do not have the time. It's hard enough going to the one that's 4 miles from my house. So if this is my way/chance to get out of this car, then I'm going to do it.

Also - if I have the opportunity to get all of my money back (over $8,000), why not go for it? The dealership has screwed me, so now it's time for me to do some screwing of my own.

I know not everyone will agree with me, but the car has given me problems and the dealership service is unbearable. Even after the 4th time of bringing my car back, and specifically meeting with the Service Manager and the General Manager of the dealership (because I put in a complaint with both of them), they both didn't give a $hit about my problems, nor did they offer me any compensation. So when I dropped it off for the 4th time for the same problem, and for them to fix the window problems that they caused from my previous visit, they charged me $46.08 for my damn oil change! They couldn't even give me a complimentary oil change. Goes to show you what f'in shmucks I'm dealing with at this dealership. So f*ck them!
I am sorry you feel that way. To bad the dealer put you thru. that shi*t Good luck

Old 10-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Red face

Wow all this talks and problem on g35 are giving me the scare. I just pick up my 05 g356MT 3weeks ago and i notice that this car is noise as hell from the clicking in the engine bay to the rattling, chatter of the tranny and the noise of the interrior of the car. For the price of this car and the luxury status of the car I cant help thinking that i got jiff by infinity.

i have not expereince any of this problem that are on this thread (exp for the interior noise, but thats fixed) but I cant help thinking that its only time before i get all this problem.

I guess I will not do any more mods on this car and just keep my Supra as my mod car.

Last edited by Richie Ric; 10-27-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by wnt1bd
I did a little checking into the Lemon Law for your area. It looks to me like Infiniti told you to TRY and file a Lemon, but it looks to me as if the requirements have not been met, but thats just my interpretation of all the words on those multiple pages. You might want to get a lawyer to look at your case as well, and I think he will tell you the same. Good Luck!
I have met all requirements from NYS Lemon Law. You have to bring the car in 4 times for the same problem. If after the 4th visit to be repaired, if the problem returns for a 5th time (which it has), you are eligible to file for Lemon Law. A lawyer would not be needed for this. If anything, it would go to arbitration. If that is the case, I would have to file for it which is $250 for the filing fee, which I can attempt to get back if I win my case.

I read through all 40 pages of the Lemon Law Guide, plus the package I received from the Better Business Bureau, and I definitely qualify... The saga starts and continues......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.