Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
um is it just me or do all Gs..

drive it forward..

stop

go to neutral

go to reverse and give ita lot of gas and it'll click

O.o....
Not suppose to click... They had mine in for this at 22K and fixed it, I now have 34K, no clicking still, we'll see at 44-50 if it returns.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:23 PM
What is the "click". Anyone get the diagnosis? I've got the problem at 29k.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Premier Member

Bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

\
Originally Posted by GSpotNY77
It's official. My '05 coupe that has 8,600 miles on it is offically going bye bye. I filed for lemon law yesterday and have started the paperwork.

I filed an official complaint through Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they directed me to the Better Business Bureau AutoLine to file for Lemon Law, which I did. They are sending me the paperwork next week, where I have to include all of my information and work orders from the $hitty service department at Competition Infiniti in Smithtown, Long Island.

Reason: Clicking in the rear axle of the car. Brought it in 4 times, and the problem is back again. Since I've satisfied what I needed to do to file for Lemon Law, I will not be bringing the car back for service. It's very sad, but $hit happens. Even with a TSB out, they still can't rectify the problem.

I already told the BBB that I want out of my lease with full reimbursement of all my monthly payments including my trade-in allowance that I put down to get out of my prior car and they said that it should not be a problem.

I've already established that I will probably go to another car manufacturer. The '06 Lexus IS350 is pretty hot so I might go with that.

I'll keep everyone posted on my Lemon Law process if anyone ever has to go through what I've been going through since April with this car...

Old 10-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am having my G fixed for the rear axle clicking noise. They ordered the bolks, yesterday. I hope I don't share your experience.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I just got out of my 350z after dealing with the lemmon law for a year. It isn't as easy as you make it sound. There also has to be a safety concern with the car as well. I had tire feathering problems, clicking axles, and transmission problems. In the end I settled to keep the car and a small amount of cash was awarded to me.

Good luck

Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
I am having my G fixed for the rear axle clicking noise. They ordered the bolks, yesterday. I hope I don't share your experience.
I just bought my g35 2 weeks ago its an 04 used but it has the clicking noise as well.. took it to atlantic infiniti and they ordered some bolts as well.. theres a bulletin out for this problem.. i heard they jus replace the nuts and bolts and the problem goes away.. its no biggie

Old 10-26-2005, 11:43 PM
good luck with your case.

i also have a 05 coupe that i'm in the process of getting lemon law'd. i've had the car for less than a month and last week was the 3rd time it has left me stranded because it would not start!

Old 10-26-2005, 11:58 PM
D87
I just got the antidote to the click yesterday at the dealer. Basically the way he explained it was that an extra "padding" is added so there is no play in the axle. They also had to replace all the bolts and nuts in this process. I only heard it once on my car about 2 months ago, but that was enough for me to pull the TSB out. But the part took FOREVER to arrive (I ordered in early Sept, it came in last week) because Infiniti isn't keeping up to speed on these parts.

Oh, and my rear brake pads were less than 3mm so they changed those free under that expanded coverage.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by SixFive
What is the "click". Anyone get the diagnosis? I've got the problem at 29k.
Both axles get removed and the following procedure was done and upgraded hardened steel parts are installed with locking compound and all reassembled and torqued properly.

From Infiniti Invoice copy:
"Applied M-77 as outlined in ITB05002A"
Bolt - 39606-22P00 12ea.
Nut - 39607-03P00 12ea.
Washer - Spring - 08915-2401A 12ea.
Pin- cotter - 40073-0L700 2ea.

Expenses - Warranty - No charge customer

Last edited by htownboy; 10-27-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by infiniti4life
Good Luck... Unfortunately, Lemon Law cases aren't as easy as they make you think. I had a Jeep Lemon Lawed in 2000 and it took close to a year to resolve and you end up with an arbitrator or going to court since manufacturers low ball you and play games. Their pockets are a lot deeper and also they have to note it was a "lemon" or "courtesy turn in" on title which costs them when they decide to wholesale the car. Hopefully it goes smooth and fast for you. Good luck.
Big bump

You only started the process and it will be a long one. We probably will be seeing you in the G come spring time sorry to say.
One option they have is the right to replace your car with something of equal value. It happened to someone on this board and I won't mention his name but he refused it cause he couldn't get the color he wanted. Needless to say he is still driving that G. It's been repaired but that was after a very long period and he didn't have use of his car for sometime either.

Maybe go to a new dealer for your repair and don't even give them the song and dance about your cars history since they have it all in the computer.

Good luk with it.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:13 AM
yea.....mine clicks too. what should i do?

Old 10-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i knew it wasn't a nail in my tire...time to schedule a service appt.!

Old 10-27-2005, 01:04 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gman2004
how could you recomend a $65K car when he is looking to get a $39k-$40K car? That's a pretty significant price increase when you are talking cars.
not a used one....

be a little more open minded people.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Question

Originally Posted by GSpotNY77
It's official. My '05 coupe that has 8,600 miles on it is offically going bye bye. I filed for lemon law yesterday and have started the paperwork.

I filed an official complaint through Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they directed me to the Better Business Bureau AutoLine to file for Lemon Law, which I did. They are sending me the paperwork next week, where I have to include all of my information and work orders from the $hitty service department at Competition Infiniti in Smithtown, Long Island.

Reason: Clicking in the rear axle of the car. Brought it in 4 times, and the problem is back again. Since I've satisfied what I needed to do to file for Lemon Law, I will not be bringing the car back for service. It's very sad, but $hit happens. Even with a TSB out, they still can't rectify the problem.

I already told the BBB that I want out of my lease with full reimbursement of all my monthly payments including my trade-in allowance that I put down to get out of my prior car and they said that it should not be a problem.

I've already established that I will probably go to another car manufacturer. The '06 Lexus IS350 is pretty hot so I might go with that.

I'll keep everyone posted on my Lemon Law process if anyone ever has to go through what I've been going through since April with this car...
You want to get rid of the G becuase 1 dealer could not fix the ticking . That is probably becuase they did a temp. fix as the parts are on back-order. I had to tell my dealer about the perminent fix and they were cool about it, but told me that it would take time due to back order issues. For the time being they did the temp fix for me. I could not emagine getting rid of the G, I l love the car dispite some of its minor flaws. I get so maney looks and complements.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.