G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Goodbye '05 Coupe - You're Lemon Law'd!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GSpotNY77
It's official. My '05 coupe that has 8,600 miles on it is offically going bye bye. I filed for lemon law yesterday and have started the paperwork.

I filed an official complaint through Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they directed me to the Better Business Bureau AutoLine to file for Lemon Law, which I did. They are sending me the paperwork next week, where I have to include all of my information and work orders from the $hitty service department at Competition Infiniti in Smithtown, Long Island.

Reason: Clicking in the rear axle of the car. Brought it in 4 times, and the problem is back again. Since I've satisfied what I needed to do to file for Lemon Law, I will not be bringing the car back for service. It's very sad, but $hit happens. Even with a TSB out, they still can't rectify the problem.

I already told the BBB that I want out of my lease with full reimbursement of all my monthly payments including my trade-in allowance that I put down to get out of my prior car and they said that it should not be a problem.

I've already established that I will probably go to another car manufacturer. The '06 Lexus IS350 is pretty hot so I might go with that.

I'll keep everyone posted on my Lemon Law process if anyone ever has to go through what I've been going through since April with this car...
Poor Baby!!
Couldn't afford the payments?
Any good dealer can repair this in one visit.
Enjoy your year in arbitration. IF you win, expect to get whatever the market value is, not every dime you paid, and your trade-in value, and compensation for your mental anguish. Grow up, find a different dealer, get the car fixed, get on with your life.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pentangle
Poor Baby!!
Couldn't afford the payments?
Any good dealer can repair this in one visit.
Enjoy your year in arbitration. IF you win, expect to get whatever the market value is, not every dime you paid, and your trade-in value, and compensation for your mental anguish. Grow up, find a different dealer, get the car fixed, get on with your life.
People...people...Even thought I quoted pentagle, this is really directed to quite a few on here.

1 - Lemon laws vary from state to state. In VA you get EVERYTHING back, including taxes. Do not make statements saying you get or won't get such and such not unless you really know the law for that state.

2 - When I spend $40k for a car I expect it to be right. I don't care how major or minor the detail is, if it isn't right they should fix it. Not only should they fix it, it should be fixed right and the first time.

3 - I find it sad how people are saying to deal with it or go somewhere else. Yes, he could go somewhere else hoping to get it resolved, but he shouldn't have to. It isn't his responsibility to go from dealership to dealership trying to find someone to fix something they are trained to do. He may not find anyone that can fix right. It is a waste of his valuable time.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:14 AM
YEAH
I love my G, but most Infiniti Dealorships in So CAL are so disgusting that I want to trade in my car for a Civic. Being a 5 years Accord owner, I have to say Honda service is 100 times better than Infiniti's. HAHA, but of course at last I compromise with an OK dealorship and I learned that I need to pick a particular service consultant to help you report the problem.

When I talk about service, it not only includes the serving attitude but also the skill of locating the problems and fixing them.

So, I can understand how much he wants to get rid of his G. Not everyone is rich enough to JUST buy a G (or somehow have it paid in full by someone generous, such as nice & rich parents, etc). Some people want to spend their moeny wisely and with no regret. If I have to work my *** off to get the G, and it's constantly annoying me with this clicking sound and my dealorship's service department doesn't respect me nor solve my issues, I would definitely want to get my money back and go else where.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Black Mammoth
People...people...Even thought I quoted pentagle, this is really directed to quite a few on here.

1 - Lemon laws vary from state to state. In VA you get EVERYTHING back, including taxes. Do not make statements saying you get or won't get such and such not unless you really know the law for that state.
Well, my quick persual of VA lemon laws on the internet tell me that -- like in FL, like I said -- there is a deduction for the use of the vehicle, excess wear and tear, and any negative trade allowance. New York too. There are subtle differences from state to state, but the general pattern is the same. Buying a bad car doesn't get you a free ride for the time you have the car and you don't get compensated for your time in trying to get the car fixed.

Lemon Laws are a great tool for consumers, but they are not automatic, and my experience is that consumers never feel like they have gotten a windfall on the deal when its finished. A "screwing" of the manufacturer and a return of every dollar spent is not going to happen, IMHO.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Black Mammoth

2 - When I spend $40k for a car I expect it to be right. I don't care how major or minor the detail is, if it isn't right they should fix it. Not only should they fix it, it should be fixed right and the first time.

3 - I find it sad how people are saying to deal with it or go somewhere else. Yes, he could go somewhere else hoping to get it resolved, but he shouldn't have to. It isn't his responsibility to go from dealership to dealership trying to find someone to fix something they are trained to do. He may not find anyone that can fix right. It is a waste of his valuable time.
Thank you! At least someone is on my side. As for Pentangle's bull**** comment about affording payments, this is not even an issue. Not that I need to justify to your ridiculous comment, but if I wanted to step into an E class or a 5 series, that would not be a problem for my wallet. Way to go to make friends on a message board, since you just joined.

As for the Lemon Law - I might not get every penny back, but since I'm under the mileage allowance (for now), you can't use (to my knowledge) the interest/mileage allowance formula to deduct wear and tear. I have over 3,000 miles to go until I hit 12,000 miles. If by the time I actually get somewhere with Infiniti or my claim, I'll worry about it then. A friend of mine lemon'd his Lincoln Aviator for the damn radio, and got all his money back, and then they stepped him into a Navigator.. for the damn radio!! So anything is possible.

I agree, that all of my problems, especially the axle problem should have been fixed the first time. Maybe others have plenty of time to go driving 20 - 40 miles from their house to find a service department that knows how to repair their vehicles, but I just don't have the time. I doubt (but could be wrong) that if this goes to arbitration they (the courts or Infiniti) is going to frown upon that I didn't take it to a different dealership for a repair attempt. No where in the law does it state "if one dealership doesn't fix the repair, go someplace else". Again, who's to say if I drive to (literally) a different county
to get this fixed that the problem won't happen again?

I'm afraid to say anything else, or I might get bashed on other things on this board. But, maybe I should grow up and go someplace else, right Pentangle?

Old 11-02-2005, 12:42 PM
In the beginning it was clicking everytime I accelerated from a stop. Then every time I brought it in it would get less severe. Now, the only time it clicks is when I'll drive the car for about 15 or 20 minutes, and then I'll put the car in park. Let it sit for about 10 seconds, and then put the car in reverse and hit the gas quick and hard enough to make the car "jerk" back in reverse, and then it makes a "click" sound. Technically, it's still there, so that's all I needed to hear. I'm over this car and all the headaches I've received from the "service" department.
Wow, is this a joke? You are trying to get your car lemon lawed because it clicks if you gun it in revers from a stand still?! Have fun when our judicial system laughs at you. This is great...more of my tax money going to waste.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by vegaseric
Maybe I'm a bit more tolerant, but I don't understand why you just don't get another G35 Coupe? I had the axle click issue and my dealer fixed it. It seems as if you're just looking to get another vehicle. And why would you want Infiniti to reimburse you for the payments you've made? Was the G in the shop an extended period of time? Did it leave you stranded on numerous occassions? I don't get it.
Why would you want another POS G35 Coupe. All I've had with mine is problems from day one. This is a pretty car, but designed by a bunch of sub-par engineers.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Gashed
Why would you want another POS G35 Coupe. All I've had with mine is problems from day one. This is a pretty car, but designed by a bunch of sub-par engineers.
You tryin' to T me off or what. Dumb remark, Stupid Person. SPAMMER. You're not wanted here, Creep.

Lou

Last edited by lowrider; 11-02-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
if you are looking we have plenty of coupes here at Infiniti of Massapequa. I'm sorry you went through a problem with Competition -- trust me I hear complaints all day long.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
After nearly three months of sitting in the garage over the summer, when i came back to NY my car started a clicking sound. Both in motion and when switching from park to drive and reverse. I took my car in for the 7500 miles service told the guy my problem and had it fixed, no problems since (millenium infiniti).

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
........the closest one is 25 miles away from my house, plus I work in NYC and I live in Eastern Long Island, and I own my own business........

i dont understand. you have your own business in long island, but you work in the city?
i think there is another dealership in lynbrook.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think he isn't looking for it to get repaired anymore. He's more interested in getting his money back and moving on. Infiniti sells about 40,000 or so G35 a year. There WILL be some cars like his, I'm sure of it. I can see why he wants to move on: He's been to the dealer 4 times and hasn't had it fix correctly (although why he just didn't go to another dealer after 2 times is what I would question, but I'm sure he has his reasoning). I hope he gets this resolved so this post will be closed and won't discourage others who are thinking of getting a G35. Also, I think he should get fair market value for his car and some sort of compensation for his troubles but I don't think he should be getting all of his money back. That just doesn't seem right to me. Well, good luck.

Old 11-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Well guys, I think I've had many things go wrong with my coupe. For starters, I've had the radio replaced about 7 times. I went in for the axle problem about 6 times because mine was pretty loud. I even tried a different dealership and still have the same problem. My engine recently stalled on me while pulling out of a parking space and this is with no mods! I've had both heat buttons replaced because the leds stop working. My gas meter wouldn't read full so they replaced the fuel sending unit. The driver seat bracket was replaced because my seat would rock back and forth. I purchased my coupe at Glendale infiniti and I have to say it hasn't been the best experience, especially since it's also my first car. I own an 04 5spd coupe btw... Anyhow, I went through the whole Lemon Law process and Nissan will be repurchasing my car sometime within the next two weeks. I understand some people here think it's wrong to put milelage on a car that you are trying to get lemoned, but I must say that not everyone can afford to buy another car meanwhile things get worked out. Anyway, thats been my experience with Infiniti and I plan to buy an 06 coupe as soon as things get worked out.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I'll be interested to hear if you ever actually get resolution on this. Be sure to let us know.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gashed

13,600 miles on my G- I've never had a single problem with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.