G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Trade the G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Trade the G?

My parents want me to sell my 04 6mt because they say its a problem matic car, when i first got it engine would just shut off driving around, axle bearings need to be replaced, and 5th gear synchro was bad so they dropped in a new transmission, now the tire pressure light keeps coming on because of a gromet leak in the sensor, and the clutch is out at 29000 miles. Sure its all fun an warranty games now but what happens when the warranty runs out? Does anyone else feel the same way? Should i trade it in ? If so what would you get? I was thinking may a used 04'Audi S4? Any input would help thanks guys.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:00 AM
That is one of the reasons I got rid of my 04 6mt. I didn't have problems as bad as yours. You have most likely driven the he ll out of that poor car and yes you should get rid of it while it's still worth something. As for a used S4, your not going to get the kind of price break I think your looking for it. It will still be closer to 50 the 40 grand and if that is you price range get something hot, impractial and fun and save the 4 doors for a couple of years.

heres a link you might like
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=8682

Old 10-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by vpannu
My parents want me to sell my 04 6mt because they say its a problem matic car, when i first got it engine would just shut off driving around, axle bearings need to be replaced, and 5th gear synchro was bad so they dropped in a new transmission, now the tire pressure light keeps coming on because of a gromet leak in the sensor, and the clutch is out at 29000 miles. Sure its all fun an warranty games now but what happens when the warranty runs out? Does anyone else feel the same way? Should i trade it in ? If so what would you get? I was thinking may a used 04'Audi S4? Any input would help thanks guys.
Hmmm... you think an Audi would have fewer problems?...

To answer the last sentence.. My opinion - yes. Get the Audi and let us know how it goes. That would be an interesting synopsis.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Please tell me you are joking about the Audi.

Audi's are one of the most unreliable cars on the market.

Just to compare Audi, which is at the very bottom along with Suzuki, Daewoo, and Isuzu.. and Infiniti which is at the top of the charts. Show your parents that, even if they are still considering getting a new car.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by heeb
Please tell me you are joking about the Audi.

Audi's are one of the most unreliable cars on the market.

Just to compare Audi, which is at the very bottom along with Suzuki, Daewoo, and Isuzu.. and Infiniti which is at the top of the charts. Show your parents that, even if they are still considering getting a new car.

thanks for the info...

Old 10-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Thats interesting since nissan is way down the chart @ 275 and Infiniti up top @ 178 ... now since they are made from same parts and by the same people ... wonder what really makes such a difference ??

Also interesting that subaru is way below the average as well ... everything I have heard about subies is that they last forever and dont brake down .... hmm

Old 10-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by G35Gnome
Thats interesting since nissan is way down the chart @ 275 and Infiniti up top @ 178 ... now since they are made from same parts and by the same people ... wonder what really makes such a difference ??

Also interesting that subaru is way below the average as well ... everything I have heard about subies is that they last forever and dont brake down .... hmm
They arn't made by the same people. Infiniti's are made in Japan while Nissans are made in the US.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:16 AM
audi was pretty infamous for having a lot of little electronical problems here and there, but ive never owned one so i cannot say. my gf had a vw, which is part of audi, ( like nissan to infiniti ) and that vw had SO many little electrical problems!!! ( esp. bc they use cheaper parts than audi... )

Old 10-30-2005, 01:09 PM
audis are known that if u have a problem with em
ur screwed

as for Minis being so donw the list
wow
I never had a single problem with my cooper

and the dealership garage never had that many coopers in...
(BMW dealership)

Old 10-30-2005, 01:11 PM
you got the messed up car.
some people get problem-less car and some dont...
good luck...with audi? haha

Old 10-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem with these surveys is that they don't put a weight on the problem. Many Porsches for example have leaking rear main seals. OK that's one problem. A G35 has a vent that rattles. That's also one problem. The engine on my '02 M3 blew. Yep, that's one problem. The methodology of these surveys make them all but worthless IMO.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow, my Cooper-S is 3rd from the bottom. hahaha!

never had a problem with mine.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Why get rid of it now? It sounds like you have most of the problems fixed by warranty, in my opinion, unless the same problems re-surface, your car is as good as new.

If I were you, I will try to break a few more things before your warranty runs out.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Jp1
Is the car riding nicely now? If you are through the hard part, then keep rolling. I wouldn't trade it in unless you're frustrated with it or think it still has problems lurking. Good luck.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Call the Cops
KIA! WUAHAHAHHAA i knew those cars were up to no good

i like that chart

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trade the G?