G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Can Anyone Help!!! (Stupid Cabbage Night Prank)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Can Anyone Help!!! (Stupid Cabbage Night Prank)

So did anyone do a prank for cabbage night (night before Halloween)? Some stupid kids did a really bad prank and now I am so pissed off... Some kids put some sort of metallic thing in the middle of the road (I think it was a semi-flattened paint can after I stopped and looked at it) and I thinking that it was nothing drove over it... While driving over it, it made such a loud noise that I swear something under the car must have been damaged or broken. After I arrived home, I decided to take my car out for a drive and noticed that when I went on some bumpy roads I heard some sort of vibration (a slight vibration that was never there whenever I went on bumps). It sounds like it is coming from middle of the undercarriage, but I hear it mostly when I go on bumps on the right side of the car. When I go on bumps on the left side of the car I didn't hear anything - or it was un-noticeable.

Would anyone have any idea as to what this could be or what is there that could cause a vibration if hit?

Please help!!!

I am planning on going to the dealership tomorrow so that they can take a look. Any tips on what to say?!

Thanks buds!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Ack. I'd just tell the dealership exactly what happened and go from there. I suppose it could have borked your alignment. I'd also find the kids that did it and run them over. Just make sure to do it before you get your car fixed.

Good luck.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
Ack. I'd just tell the dealership exactly what happened and go from there. I suppose it could have borked your alignment. I'd also find the kids that did it and run them over. Just make sure to do it before you get your car fixed.

Good luck.
Should I really be honest with the dealership and tell them what happened or play stupid so that it could be covered under the warranty?

Old 10-30-2005, 11:43 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
play it stupid.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Jp1
If the dealership isn't your first choice, I'd look into your insurance policy and see if you can get it covered.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:36 AM
I've ran over things ranging from dead animals to hardened snow to speed bumps and never jarred anything lose since I've been lowered. You should have a garage put it up on the racks to investigate first. You'll be suprised that It may be something lodged up in there, like the carrying handle for the paint can. I kept smelling burning plastic once everytime I drove my car. After having my car lifted, I found out that a plastic bag had stuck to my exhaust and was burning away...it could've caused a fire. When I ran over the dead animal, I could smell BBQ for the next two weeks. I dared lift the car for fear of barfing.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Oh I see what you mean about playing it stupid. You want a warranty repair rather than having to go through insruance. Hrm, well I'm a ***** who hates when people commit fraud, so I suppose I am the wrong person to ask. Either way, good luck.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by picus112
Oh I see what you mean about playing it stupid. You want a warranty repair rather than having to go through insruance. Hrm, well I'm a ***** who hates when people commit fraud...
Hey committing fraud like worker's compensation is one thing but when stupid kids play a prank and causes your property to get damaged, why should you have to bare the costs? What would happen if all your windows were bashed out by kids? Would you want that 1k coming out of your pockets?

Old 10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Well someone is going to incur cost one way or the other. It isn't like by getting it repaired under warranty is magically fixes itself with no cost to anyone. Sorry, like I said, I am the wrong person to ask about this.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take it to the dealer, and say you are hearing a noise under your car that wasn't there before. You think something might be loose or broken. You're not lying...you're telling them a noise is there and it wasn't before. if they look at it and say, did you run over anything? Then answer, if they don't ask, then you don't tell.
Dealers are not going to go belly up from doing a couple hundred dollars of repair work that they get reimbursed from Nissan anyway.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Unhappy Noise did not go away

I just arrived from the dealership and they had a look at it. They told me that nothing seems to be wrong with it (from looking under) - they put insulation in the center console (where a noise seemed to come from). Obviously the noise shouldn't be coming from there - it should come from the area where the paint may have impacted the underside of the car (and who knows the can may have pushed something up loosened it and did not leave a mark underneath the car). The noise is still there (there are I think two noises - one that sounds like something is loose; and the other that sounds kind of like an irritating jingling of change and keys [I took out everything that could/would make noise]). You hear the second noise on pavement that is not smooth as asphalt - like the highway overpass roads (if you guys know what I mean).

The funny/stupid thing is that you only hear the noise(s) when the road is almost like a rumble strip (wavy road that shakes the car lightly), not by going over sunken manholes or anything like that. I have to find a road like that close to the dealership and tell them to test drive it there to hear it better.

What do you guys think? And should I just fess up and tell them I ran over some paint can that stupid kids put in the middle to the road?

Old 10-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it sounds like you are thinking of the noises yourself.

Hear me out, I do this all the time. If I hit a dip in the road or something, I start to imagine that sounds are coming from the car, because of what happened. It's kinda like when someone gets an CAI and can swear they can "feel" the extra power.

Now, I don't know how loud the noise is, and it can be a true problem, but our cars are known for rattles and such, and it could be your never heard it until you started looking for a problem. Since you were listening extra hard to see if there were any problems and since you know you ran over something, it could be you just heard an existing rattle.

Just my Dr. Phil moment of the day.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks I'll just do that.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:45 PM
I still think "Cabbage Night" is the most rediculous name I have ever heard for the night before Halloween...

My wife calls it that and I always harass her!

Old 10-31-2005, 02:51 PM
I've made another appointment with another dealership. If this dealership gets the job done - I will be all theirs.

As for the noise, it is not like I am looking for it. I usually drive the car with nothing on (cause sometimes I want absolute silence), and I know the usual sounds my car makes on rough road, highway, rumble strip, you name it. The typical noise I hear is: wind, suspension, tires rolling on the ground, etc. I regard these noise as white noise.

The noise(s) that started yesterday are new and different and aggravating.

Well I am going to look for the right road that brings these noises out near this dealership. If I hear it and not the mechanic when we do the road test then I will say that you were right Hooman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can Anyone Help!!! (Stupid Cabbage Night Prank)