G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Monster Porsche Wanted a go!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monster Porsche Wanted a go!!!

Hey gang.....this one really shocked me tonight. I'm rolling along in the Coupe stopped at a light. The sun was darkened by this hulk of an SUV...some jerk in the passenger seat yelled down to me..."Hey...you G' guys think your something with those little [censored]% cars. Wanna run this Porsche??" I'm like WTF, that things a Porsche?

I looked up and replyed very courtiously. I would not want that peice of #$(%( to roll over on me and crush my little coupe, especially around my redline of 160 MPH."

The next noise I hear was like a bomb going off. I though that his engine was going to POP!! It pulled away fast, but made more noise than speed. I rolled off and lesurely caught up to the back of this thing to catch the badge. "Cayene Turbo". I just had to search it out on the net. It's a Porsche Cayenne Tubo SUV, (5,100 lbs) 450 HP. Can you believe that waste of HP. The thing MSRP's at 80K

I just cannot believe the attraction our coupes have for jerk competition. Whats next, a tubo 18 wheeler....

Though you'd find this post somewhat interesting. I had never in my life thought Porsche was getting like the US SUV pigs

Growler.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Re: Monster Porsche Wanted a go!!!

that thing is some what fast like 0-60 in 5.6 or somthing basical the same as the G it is also an automatic so im not really sure how u were able to keep up it should have beaten u with a dount if he wanted to. I do agree what a waste and why would porshe ever build somthing like that.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:57 PM

And why the hell would anyone want to BUY that thing. It's ugly as hell and it's like 80 grand.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:20 PM

Like I said guy's I didn't bother with it. Those things are dangerous. Dangerous to the owners and those drivers around it. Some of the V-8 SUV'rs think their driving a premier racing vehicle. I don't care what they say. Had conditions been safe and not on a Canyon Road, say maybey on one of our desert highways I may gone for it...Our G's, just stock are fast as hell. I would have run it to prove a point only to myself,,,not the other driver. As an aside...when he punched it...there had be a gallon of juice going out the tailpipe raw!!!

Growler.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:21 PM
JPJ

What's next?

THIS!

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=6860

I know, Lingenfelter ain't exactly stock and it's pricey, but DAMN, 5000+ lbs in an SUV with a 427ci V8. Not my style, but it'll embarrass the hell of a lot of stock 'fast' cars.

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT
CB/Graphite/Prem/Aero
Clear Corners
Alum Pedals
Zaino!

Old 07-25-2003, 12:18 AM

Yeah Lingenfelter doesn't f*** around...who would have thought there could be an escalade that could run with a Z06 and embarrass Ferraris.

Old 07-25-2003, 12:30 AM

The ironic thing is you can buy the same vehicle as the "VW Touareg" starting at like $35 grand ... minus the hi-performance, though. They're platform-mates. Kind of devalues the Porsche that the VW version even exists. The VW even looks better.

The only reason Porsche ever built an $UV is because Americans still haven't grown tired of buying them. It's a piece of the pie that continues to expand, so every manufacturer now feels like they have to have one to offer. (Plus, it probably doesn't hurt their motivation that BMW also got into that segment.)

"Performance SUV" - if that's not a contradiction in terms, I don't know what is.

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 07-25-2003, 12:57 AM

Soon they'll probably be Ferrari SUV's, although Lamborghini already made some, I wouldn't mind to see a Ferrari SUV.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 01:15 AM

0-60 for auto on the Turbo version is 5 flat. not 5.6.. so it would eat our G's for lunch

Old 07-25-2003, 01:49 AM

"I just cannot believe the attraction our coupes have for jerk competition. Whats next, a tubo 18 wheeler.... "

Ummm actually that's old... It's called a SEMI TRUCK

Most semi trucks are 18 wheeler turbo's....

2003.5 White Pearl G35 Sports Coupe

Old 07-25-2003, 02:02 AM

yeah, the Porsche Cayenne is trippy. I saw it reviewed on Car and Driver TV (they LOVED it) and a long article in LA Times - they loved it too.

Porsche was quoted to say that they polled their customers and found that they all had a second car - an SUV, so they decided why not make that one a Porsche too? They're selling every one they build. Base is only 50k turbo charged is 80k geez!

It does not, however, suffer the same problems as other SUVs with rolling over. It's actually very trail worthy, mud or boulders, and can change its ground-clearance height at the push of a button.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

Old 07-25-2003, 02:38 AM

Sorry to inform you Ferrari also had an SUV it was know as the Laforza, it was owned by the Ferrari and use Ferrari part. Ya the VW Toureage is nice but I like the Euro version of it which can kick the Porshes ****. It like a V10 turbo desiel.

Old 07-25-2003, 05:13 AM

Just goes to show, you can buy an expensive car but you can't buy class.

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite

Old 07-25-2003, 01:01 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the Infiniti FX45 (based on our beloved G mid-ship platform) is one of the few competitors of the very Porsche that is being criticized in these posts!
There is unquestionably a demand for SUV's out there, but some drivers would like at least a little perfromance with their SUV. Now apparently it is possible. How many on this board have considered an FX45?
Frankly what I think is ridiculous is all of the people who buy SUV's who really don't need them, and then also buy them with 2 wheel drive only, which significantly defeats one of the main purposes these vehicles where designed for. Is that any more rational than buying as $80K Porsche SUV??

Old 07-25-2003, 02:22 PM

Shelley, leave it to you to take the moderate, "let's not go overboard on that hatin' " line. I expect nothing less from a gal of your caliber!
For all the haters that wonder why Porsche would build such a thing, can you say "Profit Margin"? Their entire production is selling out well before they hit the assembly line. Anyone in any business can tell you that if you're selling out of something before it's even made, you're a happy camper. Regardless of their reputation as sports-car-only manufacturers, let's face facts: Porsche is in business to make money, and if they're making money on the Cayenne, more power to 'em. It does cost more than most other SUV's, but short of the original Hummers (not those ghastly H2 pieces of junk) and perhaps a Land Rover model or two, it'll do what very few other SUV's will - go ANYWHERE. I daresay that even the new Volvo SUV with it's roll stability control would tip before the Cayenne - and that's saying something.
Be disgusted if you want that one of the world's most legendary sports car builders is now making an SUV, but don't kid yourselves - the Turbo Cayenne will not only eat a stock G for lunch, but it'll also go places that even Jeeps fear to tread - and that makes for a Porsche quality SUV. I'd have one if my budget would allow for it!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Monster Porsche Wanted a go!!!