G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window Watchers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Watchers

Whats up Yall, just checkin in from South Alabama, Ive never posted but i read alot of threads on the board and felt like it was time to put my 2 cents in here, so i figured i would vent some frustration. We all agree that we have fly cars...Motortrend car of the year...Im very flattered to have people check out my ride, but what really gets me is when people wanna come up to your car in a parking lot and put there hands all over the car and breath all over the windows tryin to catch a peek at the interior. To me this is just plain rude and disrespectful of someone elses property. Ive had about three window shoppers in the last 2 days and most of them little kids with one hand sippin a slurrpie and the other on my car. Just wondering if anyone else has this little problem and might wanna vent too. Maybe im just sorounded by morons........

Old 07-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Re: Window Watchers

I know what you're talking about. I feel the same way. Sometimes, I take my friend home from work and I hear here say, "What the hell are you looking at?" and I have to tell her to get used to it in this car. Everyone looks and stares!

G35C Desert Platinum/Willow Leather 5AT Aero Pack Premium Pack

Old 07-25-2003, 10:49 AM

HAHAHA... shoot man... i do that too!!! =P

Yeah i feel ya on the finger prints and all that stuff... but I'll be the first to admit... when I see an M5 or S55AMG, I'll be right next to it with my hands visoring my eyes trying to get a peek in ;-)

2003 DG G35C 6MT

Old 07-25-2003, 11:57 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Yeah i feel ya on the finger prints and all that stuff... but I'll be the first to admit... when I see an M5 or S55AMG, I'll be right next to it with my hands visoring my eyes trying to get a peek in ;-)

<hr></blockquote>
Not me... I don't care what kind of ride it is, I am extremely careful that neither I, nor my kids touches it in the slightest. Look all you want, but NEVER touch another person's ride!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 07-25-2003, 02:18 PM

i hear that...i look from a distance, im a hugh car fan and i love going to the track and car shows, but i know how it feelz to be drooled over (car wise) so i keeps my distance...

Old 07-25-2003, 03:22 PM

Last weekend I had an entire Amish family peering into my Murano.I just let them look.

2003.5 G35
2003 350Z
2003 Murano SL

Old 07-25-2003, 03:57 PM

Now we know how celebritys feel......getting drooled on and pawed.

Old 07-25-2003, 05:14 PM

Exactly, Growler.

Attention may not always be welcome, but at least fingerprints are not key scratches!

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

Old 07-25-2003, 06:42 PM

I personnally think it is quite flattering. It just says that other share the same pation than I do. I always have fingerprints on my car, it's even better when you see that it's a girl's hand hehehe.

If you get upset with such little thing as fingerprint, I sure as hell would not want to be around you when you get your first dent (I recall the maniac on this board that went bashing the jeep's hood ) or into an accident with your G.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:12 PM

People like this kill me - I was looking at some guy's 1982 (?!?) Corvette one day. It was a well-preserved example of that model year, so I looked inside from about 6 inches away. Suddenly, some ego-inflated jackass comes out of a nearby building, telling me to get a life and get the f&*k away from his "ride".. I'm off it and away from hin as fast as I can get. What's up with people like that? They want people to look, then they get all psycho when people do!

Whatever - I don't bother people unless they start touching or laying doors on my car.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 07-27-2003, 01:00 PM

I'm always flattered when people stare at my G. Just last night I had it parked on the street. I was across the street waiting to cross over to it. I loved watching people walk by, stop and stare at it trying to figure out what kind of car it is. Granted they all stared from the sidewalk. Its amazing how often I catch myself just standing there in awe of the car myself. It just stands out so much compared to all of the other cars its parked near.

Ivory Pearl/Graphite Coupe
Nav / Premium / Sport / Spoiler / MB Quart speakers

Old 07-28-2003, 12:29 PM

It must be an Alabama thing - people are so used to beat up Pickups and old Trans-Ams, that the G35 truly is out of this world to them!

(just kidding dude - all in good fun)

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded

Old 07-28-2003, 12:54 PM

"Suddenly, some ego-inflated jackass comes out of a nearby building, telling me to get a life and get the f&*k away from his "ride".. I'm off it and away from him as fast as I can get. What's up with people like that? They want people to look, then they get all psycho when people do! "

Oh my gawd if that happened to me I would wait till that bastard turned around and I swear I'd either knock his *** out or dent his door... Don't get me wrong people, I'm a nice guy and all, but if you act like a d!ck around me I can be a bigger d!ck... If they think someone going around their car (not touching just looking) and flip out on them that's as bad as someone going around your (or our) car and get their hand prints all over.

If someone stairs at my car it's ok and I don't have one problem. *BUT* (and I mean a big BUT) if they put their fingerprints and drop something on my car I'll be pretty upset. Not a psycho, but I'd be upset...

I love it how when people are looking and admiring your car and you are like "excuse me" and walk past them getting in your car. Whew makes me feel like a Million BUCKS!!

I'm in Southern Cali and got quite a few people around my neighborhood (or within a mile from me) that are in Soap Opera, TV Shows... Directors etc.. and if it's not a Ferrari, Lambo or Bentley… Everyone around here has M3's.. S600's... just about every type of BMW and BeNz so yea... I don't care if your car cost 80k... It's not hard to qualify for 80k to get a car down here... Your job is your credit...lol... anyways... I'm not going to check out your car sorry... Maybe it makes you feel better that I don't all in all, but if you got one of those three cars I listed above you are worthy of getting checked out. You should EXPECT it... But no way in hell I would touch the car... Just my .02 Cents...

2003.5 White Pearl G35 Sports Coupe