G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

No Tint W/ Navigation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Tint W/ Navigation?

Hey guys.. I just have few question about my 2005 G35 Coupe....
First question is that I went to window tint shop to tint my car 35% all around... so the technician took my car to the garage and came back with my car saying you have navigation system and there is great chance that your navigation might not work... and they said they will not be responsible for that issue... ... I was stuck there.... cuz I want my navigation to function as it suppose to be and I also want to get my windows tinted... So, I called the dealer to find out if it is true and they told me not to get tint cuz navigation system will be messed up... cuz tint has some kind of metal in it that it will cause navigation not to function correctly... is it True?? cuz I've seen my people w/ navi and tinted window??? any suggestion or brand or something???
Second question is that I only have 4000 miles on it and the thing is that few weeks ago, I got no air in tires signed poped up in my gauge so I checked the tires and the were below 35psi (I have OEM 19" requires 35psi) so I pumped it up to 35psi but after 4days later I got the sign popped up again and when I checked the air pressure, it was below 32psi on rear tires...
Do u all think I should take it to dealer to check on my tires?? is there warranty on tires too????
Please help me with these issues... thanks

Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well you do have to consider as the temperature is dropping your PSI will go off.

im using stock nav and tinted my car 15% all around, i have had NO trouble of what sort with any problems.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tint will not affect your nav. You can do a search on this as I have seen other people mention this, the nav antenna is in the front dash. You could also do a quick test on this too. Turn on nav, put a sunshield or something to block the dash in the middle, and observe the signal strength indicator on the nav screen. As to whether or not you'll get AM radio interference is another issue. If you have sat radio, it won't affect that either as the antennas are usually mounted on the roof or trunk lid.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:59 AM
some tints do have some kind of metal in its. its the kind that gets darker in the sun and lightens up during night. it has a reflective shine to it. and it never fades like reguler tint witch turns purple after 4-5 years. i would ask your tint guy about it cuz thats what my local tint shop said when i got my car tinted.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by mrjonang

im using stock nav and tinted my car 15% all around, i have had NO trouble of what sort with any problems.
^^^ same scenario for me NO trouble

Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Never heard about this issue. I have NAV and no problem with my tint windows.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:44 AM
to be safe, just dont tint front windows

Trending Topics

Old 11-09-2005, 08:24 AM
No issues here with Tints and Navi.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:10 AM
There have been mixed reviews on this, some ppl say that they have no side effects whatsoever, others report that their AM reception was shot to hell, and other say their Nav was off. Metallic tints are conductive and I am pretty sure the AM reception will be affected due to the in-glass antenna. But as far as Nav goes, i dont know for sure. If you want to be safe, just get a dyed film, or ceramic film. Dyed film may turn purple over time or bubble, but depends on the quality of film and installation. My dyed tint on another car has not faded after 6 years. The key is to get lifeftime warranty if you get dyed film. Not all places offer lifetime on dyed film. OR spend the bucks and get ceramic tint, guaranteed not to interfere with any electronics and provides the high heat rejection of metal tints. Formula One and Huper Optik are the only two ceramic tint manufacturers as far as I know. Expensive but worth every dollar as far as looks and performance.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Maybe a stupid question but why do some of you guys refer to tint as "tints"

Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
first of all that guy does not know what he is talking about, if that was true then most of us on this site would have broken Navs. Just tell him to put the tint on and not worry about the Nav. That should not even be what his attention needs to be on. Trust me it works either way. And its "tint" not "tints"

Old 11-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tint

I have 20% black tint all around besides the windshield, and no problems with the Nav. Just to be safe don't get the metallic or platinum tint. I don't think you should have a problem.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:36 AM
i have 35% on the rear and 50% on the sides, no problem at all.

Old 11-10-2005, 06:07 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by slikster818
some tints do have some kind of metal in its. its the kind that gets darker in the sun and lightens up during night. it has a reflective shine to it. and it never fades like reguler tint witch turns purple after 4-5 years. i would ask your tint guy about it cuz thats what my local tint shop said when i got my car tinted.
Yeah that... reflective tint is what you want to stay away from, regular tint is fine. The metal will either trap the signal from your navi, or keep it from recieving (don't remember which) kind of like how the signal's distance from your key fob of your alarm is reduced when you install the alarm under the metal of your car, etc...

Last edited by dofu; 11-10-2005 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:32 AM
I may be wrong but the reflective part deals with light, not radio waves. Metallic film is metallic film, reflective or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Tint W/ Navigation?