G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Speeding Ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2005 | 01:23 PM
|
Speeding Ticket!!!

well gentlemen, i got out of class early and im heading home. i was speeding some. apparently i was going 62 in a 45, i wasnt really paying attention to my speed. so a motorcycle cop starts pursueing me. i have my radio on kinda loud so i never heard his siren and i never noticed him in my rearview mirror. so still unaware of the cop i pull on to the freeway. and i just speed up like i usually do on the onramp to the freeway going kinda fast. kinda like a runway, trying to get enough speed to take off. anyways, i finally notice these little red and blue lights in the distance in my rearview mirror. i look down and im going 95!!! im thinking what most people are at a time like this. F***!!! so i pull over and im still completly unaware of how long this cop has been following me. he comes up to my window and says, why you running..... im like and i say i pulled over the second i saw u. so he tells me how long hes been following me and says he almost called the helicopter to start following me cus he thought i tried to take off when i got on the freeway. so im like and say well i never saw you. he gives me a ticket for 62 in a 45 and for running a red light (i turned right at a red light without "completley stoping") befor i got on the freeway. i dont know why he didnt give me a ticket for going 95, i guess i was too far away or something. so it ended up bein not that bad. deffensive driving here i come

Old 11-17-2005 | 01:28 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
Originally Posted by addisontc
well gentlemen, i got out of class early and im heading home. i was speeding some. apparently i was going 62 in a 45, i wasnt really paying attention to my speed. so a motorcycle cop starts pursueing me. i have my radio on kinda loud so i never heard his siren and i never noticed him in my rearview mirror. so still unaware of the cop i pull on to the freeway. and i just speed up like i usually do on the onramp to the freeway going kinda fast. kinda like a runway, trying to get enough speed to take off. anyways, i finally notice these little red and blue lights in the distance in my rearview mirror. i look down and im going 95!!! im thinking what most people are at a time like this. F***!!! so i pull over and im still completly unaware of how long this cop has been following me. he comes up to my window and says, why you running..... im like and i say i pulled over the second i saw u. so he tells me how long hes been following me and says he almost called the helicopter to start following me cus he thought i tried to take off when i got on the freeway. so im like and say well i never saw you. he gives me a ticket for 62 in a 45 and for running a red light (i turned right at a red light without "completley stoping") befor i got on the freeway. i dont know why he didnt give me a ticket for going 95, i guess i was too far away or something. so it ended up bein not that bad. deffensive driving here i come
Wow! Sounds like you got off pretty easy all things considering.
What were you listening to?

Old 11-17-2005 | 02:59 PM
whoo man that was close. About the time we say f*** thats about the time you feel your heart drop into your stomach. Its not a good feeling at all. Glad it turned out okay for you. You should have kept going 95mph you were out running him.

Old 11-17-2005 | 04:05 PM
I don't know what to say...it sounds like u got lucky. I mean...he almost has the reason to lock you up and give u much more trouble.

Old 11-17-2005 | 04:11 PM
I say you got lucky. had it been a different cop, the title of this thread might have been " check out the video of me running from the police and eventually getting my A$$ beat by a cop"

Old 11-17-2005 | 04:25 PM
Angry

Sorry to hear about your ticket. That being said, not looking in your rearview mirrors is kind of a hot button with me. There are sooooo many people that look straight ahead and aren't aware of things to the sides and behind them. Please get into the habit of taking a look into your rearview mirrors, all of them, every few seconds. Yup seconds. Knowing what is around you not only helps me and other drivers, but, as your story illustrates, it can help you too.

Old 11-17-2005 | 04:49 PM
I used to live in College Station 5-6 years ago. Back then, all the guys used to drive trucks and all the chicks used to drive sports cars, mostly Mustangs.

Was this on highway 6?

Old 11-17-2005 | 05:34 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Wow, you got away with one there. Glad to see you're facing up.
G/L
C.

Old 11-17-2005 | 05:42 PM
THE BATMOBILE
yea you got pretty lucky..........i hate when that happends and your just driving and you look in your rear view and there is a cop pulling you over.............terrible feeling

Old 11-17-2005 | 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by truplay8
yea you got pretty lucky..........i hate when that happends and your just driving and you look in your rear view and there is a cop pulling you over.............terrible feeling
Or you see the officer from a distance, and do everything possible NOT to be pulled over, but manage to get tagged anyway. W T F!!!! I see this image flash in front of my mind whenever I see a cruiser near me -> $$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 11-18-2005 | 03:25 AM
|
Originally Posted by accuview
I used to live in College Station 5-6 years ago. Back then, all the guys used to drive trucks and all the chicks used to drive sports cars, mostly Mustangs.

Was this on highway 6?
yeah its still the same... all the guys still drive trucks and girls sports cars. there are still tons of mustangs too. i have seen very few G35 in this city. The ones i have seen are all red (the worst color i think on this car) and all driven by girls. but o well i like the car. i have a truck as well anyways.

Yeah it was on hwy 6.

Old 11-18-2005 | 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by binar
Sorry to hear about your ticket. That being said, not looking in your rearview mirrors is kind of a hot button with me. There are sooooo many people that look straight ahead and aren't aware of things to the sides and behind them. Please get into the habit of taking a look into your rearview mirrors, all of them, every few seconds. Yup seconds. Knowing what is around you not only helps me and other drivers, but, as your story illustrates, it can help you too.
+1
I dont how ( i am guessing from my drivers ed days )but I have this habit making a sweep strarting with my driverside mirror, then rerview mirror and passenger side mirror every 5 seconds. Its become so much of an habit that I hadnt even noticed it for years till a friend riding in the back mentioned it.