G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Structural Rigidity: How is your coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35dawg
Why do you think racing teams rebuild a car from the ground up after every race??

To get rid of those annoying rattles?

Old 11-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can feel the flexing in my car also. I thought this might be a isolated
case but it does not seem so. My sunroof pops also . I have had it to
the dealer all they do is lube the tracks and seals. I just worry that this may
be something that causes problems as the car gets older. what do you think?

Old 11-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Originally Posted by hubertyG35
allright, I can't take it anymore. I've read too many posts where people drool over the rigidity, lack of rattles, excellent maintenance and performance of BMW's. I've owned a BMW, and after 5 years, I can say that there are plenty of rattles and the maintenance on the vehicle is rediculously expensive and quite repetative. The BMW was probably the worst car I've ever owned due to the fact that it was in the shop monthly...and that's not because it was driven hard. And this isn't an isolated case. I know a number of people who've had similar issues. Now, not to say that BMW is crap, it really isn't, I'd take an M3 in a second. I just think that the differences between the G and say a 3 series aren't as prevalent as one might think by reading the posts.

Sorry...I just couldn't take it anymore...now that I have it off my chest, I can go enjoying my G.

I couldn't agree with you more. Not that I'm a blind diehard G35 fanatic...I love BMW's and Lexus...but a lot of cars rattle. I've been lurking on e90post.com and a lot of people with the brand new 3 series have been complaining of rattles. And I've read personal reviews of people with the C Class, omg, that car is put together so badly. So many people have been complaining of rattles, and even the driver's seat swaying from side to side, and many things malfunctioning. Cars just rattle, they are man made, somethings are going to get messed up.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:02 PM
onG
I've had my '05 since January... Not too long ago I was pulling onto a driveway sideways and decided to stop the car there and unload our bags before we got all the way in... I got out and the car was basically balanced on the front passenger and rear driver tires! I couldn't believe it. I hope this stiffness holds up with time. BTW the car had clothes and food for two days, my wife, and two labs! +1 for the G35!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:37 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by ceeze
I know what you're talking about man, it sucks especially because this a relatively expensive car. I bet even a toyaota camry wouldn't squeek and rattle this much. With so much rattleing, it's going to be difficult to sell this car a couple years from now.

As for your sunroof, i took my g to the dealer and the guy simply put a little grease on the rubber that seals around the glass. NOw it doesn'y make any noise.

Mark
Not grease... they use Silicon based lubricants.

I have the same rattle/squeek issues. So instead of going to the dealer every now and then, go to Infiniti/Nissan and just buy a can of your own. It's only a couple of bucks.

Spray it on a cloth/towel or whatever and wipe around the rubber seals of the moonroof.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:51 PM
use Gummi Pfedge instead of 3M silicon. Lasts much longer. *much* longer after a few applications.

You havent heard body flex on the G until you've heard the back glass pop. Not the sunroof, but the back glass! It was like 15 degrees here and I was backing out at an extreme angle. I thought the glass was going to break. It made all sorts of unholy noises. Havent heard it more that 2-3 times, but there is definately alot of flex. I'm not sure if its new or not, I certainly didnt noticed it when i got the car.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 PM
brand new G (2months?)

rattles: rear view mirror and passenger seatbelt keeps bumping against the door (it pisses me off so much)
the infamous suspension rattle has stopped once I took a pothole (guess it lunked it into place or something..)
ever since that pothole, my car handles WAY better too lol
problems: my brakes squeek after long drives
had them checked out and they told me it's carbon build up that gets caused cuz of the areas I drive/how hard I push it

I also hear every little pebble that my tires come accross

and I feel them.. which is good I guess
the car has it's problems.. but I'm damn happy with it

Old 11-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My '04 is a ROCK

Old 11-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
any car with stiff suspention will start to rattle over time. My 04 porsche GT3 had crazy rattles with 15 k miles on it. The suspention on that thing was rock solid.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
Whenever I angle onto or out of a drive way I swear I can feel the car twisting and flexing with the addition of some suspension clunking, ahh the sound of a $40,000 car....
same here, when I go deep driveways
maybe because its lowed ,who knows
thats only thing I notice..... its 05 1 year old now...

Old 12-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Has anyone of you thought about injecting 2-part hathane foam? I read on the 4AGclub forums of using foam in the hollow areas of the chassis to increase rigidity. the downfall is if you trap moisture in, it may cause rusting. SportCompactCar injected 2-part foam into the rocker panels and frame rails into their 300ZX project car.

I'm debating whether I should do it or not. Living in Hawaii, all cars here are prone to rusting. Still comtemplating...maybe an electronic rust inhibitor could slow down the process.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
G SQUAD
Yup I got that crazy body flex thing going when backing out of driveways too in my 3 month old 05'. I also had those same problems in my previous 03 coupe so I guess some things just dont change.

-Vin

Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 PM
I have seasonal rattles. Winter is the driver door and mystery passenger side creak, summer brings out the DVD/nav rattle, spring awakens the dash for a squeak or two, and in fall they all seem to rest (that always coincides with the trip for service, with the usual "everything is fine, sir, there are no more rattles" speech).

Old 12-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Alumni****
My 04 has creaked/rattled for a while now. I've honeslty gotten so used it, I don't even hear it anymore. But when I'm in another car (i.e. Benz, G35 Sedan), it's a world of difference. It's not just the fact that those cars don't have an exhaust, it's the fact that they have no rattles. I can actually hear myself think.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Structural Rigidity: How is your coupe?