G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Thinking of selling the "G" and buying a "Goat"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get all the info you can about what's important to you, and make the change if you're convinced it's what you want. If you're on the fence, keep the G. If you buy the GTO and end up not liking it as much as you'd like, you'll kick yourself for giving up the G. So keeping the G would be safer.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:40 PM
My 2 cents:
I like the GTO styling. It's sort of plain but not overly so. A nice kit and set of wheels can take care of any appearance issues.
The handling...as someone said, we're not track driving. But if better handling is desired, slap on a set of coilovers.
The interior...looks okay to me. Definitely not inferior to the G which doesn't have drop dead gorgeous interior styling either. Someone criticized the red seats. They must not have seen JDM V35's car. He has red seats in his G so that's not an issue.
The power...can't beat 400bhp out of the box for under 35K. Pushrod engines are very powerful and easily modded. Unlike the G35 which can be complicated to squeeze out more juice. With the torque of the Goat, you may not be in a hurry to boost it.
Sounds like I'm all for it...but it's totally up to you.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do eet!

Old 12-19-2006, 08:15 PM
I really like the G, but I wouldn't mind having one of these.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
were talkin pontiac right?

dont get me wrong its a nice, fast car

but you get more respect in a g..also more bitches....

but whatever floats your boat/..

Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
thread from the dead

Old 12-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, what's up with reviving dead threads? Did he ever get the Goat? I can't believe I've read all the posts and didn't even notice how old this was. One thing that caught my eye was someone saying "Who cares how it handles, as long as you got speed and if that is what you are after, go for it". Isn't the idea behind getting a V8 and Speed is to get decent handling too? Otherwise, what's the point?

Old 12-19-2006, 11:31 PM
keep yours.

save up for the z06, if you can.

imo, waste of money for gto.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Yeah, what's up with reviving dead threads? Did he ever get the Goat? I can't believe I've read all the posts and didn't even notice how old this was. One thing that caught my eye was someone saying "Who cares how it handles, as long as you got speed and if that is what you are after, go for it". Isn't the idea behind getting a V8 and Speed is to get decent handling too? Otherwise, what's the point?
cause if he didnt revive this "dead" thread, you would have been the first one to say "SEARCH!!!!""... and Shlt like that.. You probably would of posted a gif of some mouse pointing to a "new thread button" and all off a sudden, a hand pulls ur cursor arrow to the "search" button...

Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually had my heart set on a GTO before I bought the G35. If all you care about is speed, than the GTO is a great car. But for me, I thought the interior of the GTO was way too spartan for a $34,000 car. No autodimming mirrors, no climate control, no heated seats, no sunroof, no side airbags, etc, etc, etc. (At least when I was cross shopping it with the G35 at the time). And if I remember correctly, as small as the G35 Coupe's trunk, it's actually bigger than the GTO's trunk.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:57 AM
dude the GTO is a horrible gas guzzler. it will get the gas mileage of a lifted truck. GTO lacks all of the styling of the G. i mean yah the orange gto above me looks nice, but only because every piece of the body has been taken off and changed to new stuff. the fenders are changed because those wheels are much bigger than 20s, etc, etc. now look at the car it looks like the chevy montecarlo (aka 2 door impala). so basically the gto is a 2 door grand prix with a bigger engine. the suspension is crap. plus just cuz it has a v8 doesnt mean it is the fastest thing in the world. as a matter of fact my dad's porsche boxster s beat one on the drag strip here in houston. both cars were bone stock. and the boxster is a flat 6. so 6 v 8. and it lost. but that probably had to do with the ridiculous amount of weight that that car has, hence the crap suspension. but those are just my thoughts take it or leave it. plus the new gt500 is at least $50K. you could get something a helluva lot nicer than ag gto for that much green. just my 2 cents.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cnaman
cause if he didnt revive this "dead" thread, you would have been the first one to say "SEARCH!!!!""... and Shlt like that.. You probably would of posted a gif of some mouse pointing to a "new thread button" and all off a sudden, a hand pulls ur cursor arrow to the "search" button...
Umm....NO. You made no sense there...and did you even read the post that revived this thread from the dead? (hey, that rhymed ). He said, "...I really like the G, but I wouldn't mind having one of these.", and how would that have anything to do with a search button? However, I do agree about the "search" comment...I hate it more then anything else. Only time I would say to use it if they asked a question where the answer is on the first page of the forum on which they are asking the question!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:44 AM
At any rate.....MANY people on here are full of complete B.S.

B.S. Statement #1 "the GTO gets horrible gas mileage"

UMMMM, why don't YOU do a search and see that it gets over 16mpg in CITY driving? I am sure you can find a Car and Driver or Road and Track to help you out? In fact, here, I helped you out...

"EPA fuel economy for the GTO equipped with the optional six-speed manual transmission is an estimated 16 miles per gallon (mpg) in city and 25 mpg on the highway."

B.S. Statement #2 The GTO is heavy.

Wrong again. The curb weight of a GTO is 3821 lbs....what do you think the curb weight of the G35 is? Here, I will help you again....the curb weight of a well equipped G35 is about 3400-3500 lbs....

B.S. Statement #3 The GTO is slow....

Here we go.... 13.2 in the quarter is slow? Not the last time I checked....

Old 12-20-2006, 04:47 AM
THE BATMOBILE
i wish they werent cutting production, it would have been my nxt project

Old 12-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Steventphng
honestly, i've driven the GTO, its fast, but the driving is not soo good. the clutch is really stiff and the suspension is not soo good either. that my opinion.
Im guessing u haven't driven the pre 04 G35. 03-04 Gs have the heaviest clutch pedal feel than any other car i have driven. Clutch is heavier than the GTO, M3, S2K, S4. The only car that has a havier clutch that i have driven is the Mustang Cobra. Even the FORD GT40 has a lighter clutch feel than 03-04 G35s.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling the "G" and buying a "Goat"