G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who runs nitrous?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its good to see people getting results from nitrous with these cars. I am assuming most of you have 6speed cars though. I have an auto and am worried about spraying through the shifts. I dont want to hurt the tranny. What about the use of the sport shift? Any ideas?

Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
check w/ audible mayhem.

He has gotten great results w/ his auto G35. He has hit high 12s and traps of about 110. I think he has the usual mods plus nitrous!

Old 11-30-2005, 09:36 PM
QuadCam...how big of a shot did you run? What you guys think of zex and venom??

Old 11-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by evileagle
As long as you remove everything (less than an hour of work) before you go to the dealer. theres no way the dealer would find anyhting out. You just say you were driving on the freeway then the car sputtered off......couple weeks later you get a new motor. Plus im leasing mine so what do i care =)

BTW, you gotta try REAL hard to blow these things up...and i consider myself an expert when it comes to blowing things up, i mean hell, i still am a dsm'er at heart, we ALWAYS blow things up
Yeah becuase technicians are dumb and can't tell you juiced. Leave the NAAAWWWSS for high school kids and their precious Fast and the Furious fantasies.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:19 PM
if i'm not mistaken, technicians can tell if you sprayed or not because the nitrous leaves a residue in the internals.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:18 AM
they can tell, usually, depends on whether it was constant use, or a one time thing (that's harder to find). i'm not familiar with residue... what would the residue be? too much oxygen? obviously some of the signs would be extreme heat cycles, too lean, etc... yes, that would leave signs just like any other un-tuned motor. i'm not familiar with the tell-tale signs of 'yup, he sprayed, case closed.'

the only residue that would be obvious would be the fuel that collected in the intake manifold (and that's only if you use the wet shot), which is my only concern for a wet. fuel isn't supposed to pass through the throttle body, and the intake manifold. as a matter of fact, that residue collects because all of the fuel does not make it into the engine. that could lead to bad things (if not carefully monitored). it's not difficult to setup in these cars, but is also something a beginner should not attempt by him/herself.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Yeah becuase technicians are dumb and can't tell you juiced. Leave the NAAAWWWSS for high school kids and their precious Fast and the Furious fantasies.
please don't say things that relate high school kids like that... it's too easy to put down anything you don't like.

for example:

leave the 19" rims for high school kids and their precious fast and furious fantasies.

or:
leave the body kits for high school kids and their precious fast and furious fantasies.

or what about this one (because we all know it doesn't do much, if anything):
leave the cold air intakes for high school kids and their precious fast and furious fantasies.

come on... that's way too easy. i could list stuff like that all day. about coilovers, and people who buy them just to lower their car (and not for it's intended performance use), or bbk's (people who get them because they come in red).

bottom line, if somebody wants to do it, regardless of reason, it's their car. if you have a legitimate complaint about something somebody wants to do, by all means, voice your opinion, this is an open forum... but just saying - well, if you want to act like a child, go ahead - isn't really constructive.

sorry for hijacking.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:27 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nitrous Oxide breaks down into Nitrogen and Oxygen.... what residue will be left? N20, evaporates under room temperature so there shouldn't be residues left, right?

Old 12-01-2005, 02:01 AM
I could be wrong, i just remember hearing about how tech's can tell if someone sprayed (considering it was constant). This was years ago so pardon the lack of memory

Old 12-01-2005, 02:02 AM
on a side note, how much hp/tq is our stock clutches capable of before having to swap it out for a beefier one?

Old 12-01-2005, 01:48 PM
anybody?

Old 12-01-2005, 04:46 PM
z1n
Would infiniti really get a tech to break down the engine and check for things like NOS or would it just be a matter of getting motor pulled and replaced at infiniti once the motor came in(assuming it's under warranty).

Old 12-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I imagine if you're going to make a warranty claim for an entire motor, Infiniti is going to request the Tech pull the head and perhaps even check the cylinders and pistons for abuse. I could be wrong, but the Tech's time isn't going to be high enough to discourage the job, IMO.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
z1n
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
I imagine if you're going to make a warranty claim for an entire motor, Infiniti is going to request the Tech pull the head and perhaps even check the cylinders and pistons for abuse. I could be wrong, but the Tech's time isn't going to be high enough to discourage the job, IMO.
yea that makes sense. especially if all you really have to do is pull a head to check for abuse. Seems like a tech could do that within a resonable amount of time too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who runs nitrous?