G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help.... 06 head light brightness....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 AM
DSI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know how to adjust my headlight??? is it just a **** that i turn or something???

Old 12-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
um.....I'm not sure what you're looking for. Did you actually put your car side by side with ALL of those cars?? I'm not looking to have the "Brightest" lights on the road, but for them to serve their function properly. Maybe you should compare it with the same car to see if that's just the way it's supposed to be. If you're looking to blind everyone, then maybe look into upgrading your bulbs....

Old 12-04-2005, 05:16 PM
DSI
well.... i did compare it with my friends` cars.... it`s a little dim for sure.... well, maybe that`s the way it is....

Do you guys think it`ll get better later? I mean, my car is only a week old.... so.... does new bulbs usually dimmer and will brighten up after a preiod of time?

Asides from that... because our headlight units are not totally right in front of the car...(BMW, Audi and other are right at the nose, our is about a feet behind the nose.).. i think that's why it's dimmer... Reason why I say that is because I notice half of the low beam light is block out by the curve up part of the fog light housing, thus, that's why we don't see the cone shape of light on the ground... So, If my headlights are aim too low, that mean, most of the light are blocked out by the fog light housing, thus, dimmer light output. That's why I want to aim them higher up a little.... my cut off line is below the rear bumper of the car in front of me and I think it should aim at a level where the cut off line is just above the bumper.... Anyways, I just want to know how to adjust them if it is easy.... Thanks in advance....

also, the light are kind of yellow compare to the others.... is it because them are new? Will it become more brighter later on? or should I replace them with the 6000K's? (Only concern is the visibility.... i know 6000k will take care the yellow colour light, but worrying about the visibility)

All I want is bright white light that I can see the road better...

Old 12-04-2005, 05:48 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
HID bulbs tend to be dimmer over time. That is for all of them, including 6000K.

There's only a few ways I can think of for you to get brighter lighting in front of your car.

1. Change the projector to one known to be extremely bright. S2000, LS430, TLs, come to mind. (I wouldn't recommend this route though)

2. If the lens is not a perfectly clear lens, change it to one that it.

3. Put projectors in the lower section as well.

4. Run higher wattage ballasts.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:05 AM
DSI
Thanks for all the input guys.....

After a few days looking at the headlights... I finally got a chance to compare them with another 06 G35.... Here's the conclusion, brightness-wise, yes, it's a bit dimmer because of the bulbs are new, they r not burn-in yet... colour was whiten up after the 20hrs burn-in, thus a bit brighter now compare to a brand new 06's.... and now, it's actually acceptable. However, the angle they are aimming is a little too low when compare to the other 06 G35. (Yet, dealer still don't want to re-aim for me)... it's about a feet lower than the other 06's when park one car space away from a wall. Therefore, half of my light that should be shooting out, now is blocked by it's own housing (the curve up portion of the fog light housing). The light was shinning on the curve up portion that is just in front of the projectors... (That's how I lost half of the light) where as the other 06 are aim a little higher and less light was blocked, thus, bigger light up area in front of the car....

So, I guess i just have to find out how to adjust them by myself.... any suggestion helps.... thanks.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DSI
So, I guess i just have to find out how to adjust them by myself.... any suggestion helps.... thanks.
I posted complete directions on aiming the 06' lights here. Scroll down to post #7. And if you scroll to post #10, there is a link that shows how to get the cut-off at the right height.

Last edited by avs007; 12-05-2005 at 03:39 AM.