G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help.... 06 head light brightness....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 AM
DSI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help.... 06 head light brightness....

Hello, I'm new to this car and really need some help.... I own a BMW before I got this car.... When I compare the G35 headlight with the BMW's, the G35's seems alot dimmer than the BMW's... even the Maxima's, Z350's, Audi's or the 300C's or any other HID projectors are brighter than the G.... in short, my car's headlight seems dimmer than average... Does any of you find the same?? (It's a 06 projectors)

Also, do any of you know how to adjust the head light? they aim at a different level and is crossing too......

Million thanks in advance....

Old 11-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since you have a fairly new model, i suggest that you take it to the dealer.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
not sure about the brightness, but as far as your headlight alignment is concerned, the drivers side headlight is supposed to be slightly lower than the passenger. this is designed that way to prevent blinding passers by going the opposite direction on the road. with projector HID's, there should be a distinct line where you will notice your passenger headlight is slightly higher than your driver.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know.

I noticed that my headlight output is dimmer than the recent model Maxima, but then again I have an '04 without projectors. I can't think of any remedy other than mentioning it to the dealer.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by BroncoHound
not sure about the brightness, but as far as your headlight alignment is concerned, the drivers side headlight is supposed to be slightly lower than the passenger. this is designed that way to prevent blinding passers by going the opposite direction on the road. with projector HID's, there should be a distinct line where you will notice your passenger headlight is slightly higher than your driver.
That is not true, driver and passenger side lights should sit level. The cutoff lines for each projector should step up to the right side. This is done to prevent light from blinding oncoming drivers.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 PM
I have not seen the 06 output in person so I cannot really comment on how they actually perform. From the output shots I have seen on the net it looks like they are pretty decent units. Are you sure your lights are not aimed down to low?

Old 11-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DSI
Hello, I'm new to this car and really need some help.... I own a BMW before I got this car.... When I compare the G35 headlight with the BMW's, the G35's seems alot dimmer than the BMW's... even the Maxima's, Z350's, Audi's or the 300C's or any other HID projectors are brighter than the G.... in short, my car's headlight seems dimmer than average... Does any of you find the same?? (It's a 06 projectors)
Do you have an 06' G35, or a pre'06 coupe with retrofitted lights? Perhaps you just have bad bulbs. I have Philips 4300k bulbs in mine (which are supposed to be the same as OEM), and my G35's projectors are actually brighter than my wife's 05' TL. I know they both have the same bulbs, so I figured it was because my bulbs are brand new, whereas my wife's are 8 months old.

FWIW, I figured they were brighter, because when I pull into my garage and flip the brights on, we noticed that it lit up the garage brighter than the TL does. Probably not accurate way of telling, but it sure doesn't seem dimmer. Most likely the same.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:09 AM
DSI
mine is a 06.... everything is stock for now..... and the light are yellow.... sigh... same colour as the fog (well, close enough that ppl ask why the 06 infiniti doesn't come with HID's???) and is way much dimmer than average cars.... i notice this by having cars drive by side by side on the highway and their lights are over my light... i can see the edge of their light slow covering the road in front of me.....

Old 11-30-2005, 06:55 AM
The headlights on G35 coupes are adequate, but I agree that they aren't as bright as some others. For example the headlights on my Audi TT were brighter.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DSI
mine is a 06.... everything is stock for now..... and the light are yellow.... sigh... same colour as the fog (well, close enough that ppl ask why the 06 infiniti doesn't come with HID's???) and is way much dimmer than average cars.... i notice this by having cars drive by side by side on the highway and their lights are over my light... i can see the edge of their light slow covering the road in front of me.....
If that's what your're talking about, then your lights are just aimed too low. I re-aimed mine as well. In fact just the other day, I was behind a 330ci that had projectors, and I noticed I was lighting up the road just as well as he was, and definately better than everyone else on the freeway. I tried taking a picture of when I parked in front of a glass building, to capture the purple glare I was getting, but I kept blinding the camera.
As far as color.... I put a set of superwhites in my fogs, and they are still yellower than my hids. And my wife thinks the output on my G's projectors is the same as her TL's (judging by how it lights up the streets at night), so try re-aiming your lights. I always thought my G's lights were aimed too low from the factory compared to all my other cars.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKnite
I noticed that my headlight output is dimmer than the recent model Maxima, but then again I have an '04 without projectors. I can't think of any remedy other than mentioning it to the dealer.

The 04 maxima had bi-xenon projectors. So maybe you had an 03?

Old 11-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EverybodyWildOu
The 04 maxima had bi-xenon projectors. So maybe you had an 03?
I have a 2004 G35c, but one time driving next to a recent year Maxima I noticed it lit up the road in front brighter than me. And no it did not have HIDs, just plain yellow, and it was still brighter, probably because of projectors. So I think you missunderstood me. Take care. I still love my lights and they are good enough for me, I do not have to have the brightest lights in the world.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:37 PM
the Maxima can come with either halogen or HIDs in the projectors. And projectors for the most part perform better than any reflector housing. The '03-05 G35 HID reflector headlights are decent for lighting, but are comparable in brightness to an average halogen reflector headlight IMO. The '06 Projector headlights are a big improvement over the older reflector design. I notice the difference every night I drive

Old 11-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah my mom got an 04 maxima with the xenons. It lights up the road like crazy. They are very bright compared the G35 I had. They even beat the 350z that I have now.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:22 PM
DSI
Thanks for the info.... ok.. now, here's the question.... How do I re-aim them??? Dealer won't do it because they r lazy and told me that they r fine.... and they so-call adjust them in less than 5 mins and they are still at the same level.... sigh....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help.... 06 head light brightness....