G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Leather interior colors.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather interior colors.

I am trying to decide what color leather interior would be best for me. This is my first car with leather, and I have been told conflicting stories from people who have/had leather. Here are the pros and cons that I am considering:

Willow - Cool in the summer, but hard to keep clean.
Graphite - Easier to keep clean, but hot in the summer.

Of course, I would prefer a color which is both cool in the summer and easy to keep clean. Unfortunately those two characteristics conflict with each other.

About half of the people I have talked to who have had black leather say that it is really hot (especially on your skin) in the summer while the other half say that it really isn't that hot.

Also, about half of the people I have talked to who have had lighter colored leather say that it is really hard to keep clean, while the other half say that it isn't.

Obviously, this leaves me a bit confused. Other things that should be factored into my decision is that I live in Illinois where the heat of summer is only bad about 3 months of the year. Also, I do not have kids which makes the chances of messes less likely. Although I have already placed my order at the dealership, I can still make changes until the beginning of January when their orders get sent to the factory.

I would like to know what the people in this forum think about the cleanliness and temperature issues about the two interior leather colors.

Thanks, Doug.
2003 g35 coupe 6MT bright silver / willow (for now) / premium (on order)

Old 12-19-2002, 09:28 AM
Re: Leather interior colors.

doug,
i personally like the darker interior in silver / diamond graphite colored cars and the willow in a dark / black car. i have also noticed that the titanium trim goes better with the graphite than the willow, that is just my opinion, get what you like and will be happy with, if the willow is hard to keep clean, but i am sure it is not hard to clean as long as you condition it and clean it with lexol or something simular regularly.
anthony

Old 12-19-2002, 09:29 PM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

We have black in our I-30 and I had grey in my Lexus. The new coupe is graphite. The leather in my wifes I-30 looks great and show little to no marks. The leather in my Lexus was showing wear and had rub marks when I sold it and it was 3 years newer than the Infiniti. The lighter color looked classy but it was miserable to keep looking good. That is way I went with graphite. Either way you should routinely dress the leather with a decent leather care product.

Old 12-20-2002, 02:30 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

hey man i was going through that same debate with ordering mine (i have until jan.) then i went to the dealer yesterday and they happened to have a DG with willow interior.....looked fine to me, the willow really opens up the interior and makes it look bigger, and more luxurious, now the black interior looks much sportier however.

my advice is: go with whatever was your first instinct, mine was willow so im sticking with that!
either way you'll be happy

Old 12-26-2002, 11:28 PM

medoug, I short of never park facing the sun, always with the back to it. Drives the wife nuts when I cruise the lot looking for 'my' perfect end spot backing in close to the side curb with the sun to my back. I've had a black cloth rig for years and will probably drape beach towels over the front leather seat if pushed to a bad parking angle. ...dean

Old 12-29-2002, 02:37 AM

It's not the willow leather you are going to have trouble keeping clean.. it's the willow carpeting and kickpanels etc. That's why I choose the Graphite interior for my BS coupe.

Old 12-29-2002, 06:33 AM

Thats absolutely true about the floor mats and kick panels etc. One thing also to consider is if you are going to tint the car, which cuts down on the heat substantially. Also, I believe you can remote open the windows on your way to the car to get a bit of circulation going. Personally, I am completely confused on which one to get but I am leaning towards the black, because of the carpeting. MAYBE, someone might want my black seats in trade for their willows and have some two tone effects goin on. Whatever, Its all gorgeous to me.

13775-PBTintG35.jpg

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2003, 12:36 PM

I got the willow and love it. It's really classy looking. After having an eclipse spider w\ black interior, I wanted something to not cook in the summer. As far as cleaning, it's been ok and I've had it in the snow for a month. Besides, just get it detailed ever now and then....