G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

the inevitable has happened

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the inevitable has happened

Well, it happened..... some stupid S.O.B. rear ended me yesterday...... It really isnt that bad, but i got an estimate on it and it was $1200 bucks. The thing about it is this b1tch told the cop that i jumped in front of this guy and he didnt have time to stop. The cop said it was a double fault and gave us both a ticket. I got unsafe lane change, even though he had plenty of time to stop, and he got following too close. I really dont want to go through insurance because it isnt that much damage and i dont want it to be an "incident" against me. Me and the other guy agreed to pay for each others damages (which his isnt crap considering he was in a Mazda MPV) but ive got a feeling that this agreement will never be completed. Since I was gonna have to get the front and rear bumpers painted (possibly replaced) I figured I would go ahead and get a body kit. My car is still 100% stock and I was thinking that it might not look that good to have a body kit on there with the stock 18s and @ stock ride height. I will be fixing those two problems in the future, but that will be a little while. Has anyone seen a body kit on a otherwise stock G35 Coupe? Pics would be great if possible. Oh, by the way, its an 04 DG Coupe. Thanks a lot Peeps!

Old 12-17-2005, 06:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro. By the title, I thought maybe a ding, or a scratch......
Good luck with repairs....It could have been worse.

C.

Old 12-17-2005, 06:27 PM
it really isnt that noticable. i mean, you can see it from about 20ft away, but you have to be looking for it. I think the DG color hides it pretty good. But you are right, it could have been a lot worse.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Go through insurance. It wasn't your fault, he hit you. If they find him at fault, your insurance will not be affected in any way.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah if they dont find him at fualt then alls well, but if they do find him at fualt, (unfortunately he got a ticket), then they will raise the insurance on him too.
good luck, hope you get it fixed soon

Old 12-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Wats your deductable. If it's $500 or less, report to your insurance. If $1000 do it yourself.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
buddy..
just my 2 cents..

since the opposite party tried to be a dick in front of the cops..
be sure to sign some legally binding agreement with them for
settling the accident such and such...

so that they cant bite at you afterwards..you never know
what some stupid people might do

good luck and once again sorry for that bro.. i have gone thru this..
i know it is really painful

godmans

Old 12-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Dieselnuts
Well, it happened..... some stupid S.O.B. rear ended me yesterday...... It really isnt that bad, but i got an estimate on it and it was $1200 bucks.
Let it go on their insurance.
I got rear ended early spring & mine didn't look bad either. What looked like $1500 turned into $3600. Make sure they check the entire bumper & support structure along with the exhaust system for kinks or bends. Just some thoughts for 'ya.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:56 PM
im not sure if i made it that clear, but the cop said it was a double fault. I got a ticket for "unsafe lane change", and the dude that hit me got one for "following too close". Since it was a double fault, I cant get his insurance to pay for it. I dont want to go through my insurance because that will raise my rates and im afraid that i might get dropped due to some events in the past. Im going to try to get money from the guy that hit me, but chances are that i'll never see him again. Its eventually gonna come out of my pocket anyway, so Im just planning to get a body kit.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I was involved in a double fault but their insurace company agreed to pay half of the repair costs. The damage to the other car was only one blown tire and rear wheel scuffed.

Either way good luck and watch out for the Phantom MPV

Old 12-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dieselnuts
im not sure if i made it that clear, but the cop said it was a double fault. I got a ticket for "unsafe lane change", and the dude that hit me got one for "following too close". Since it was a double fault, I cant get his insurance to pay for it. I dont want to go through my insurance because that will raise my rates and im afraid that i might get dropped due to some events in the past. Im going to try to get money from the guy that hit me, but chances are that i'll never see him again. Its eventually gonna come out of my pocket anyway, so Im just planning to get a body kit.
Did the cop witness the accident or is he merely taking the other guy's word about what happened? One thing can't be denied. The other guy hit you in the rear. The thing about the unsafe lane change is all BS unless he has some witnesses.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
Did the cop witness the accident or is he merely taking the other guy's word about what happened? One thing can't be denied. The other guy hit you in the rear. The thing about the unsafe lane change is all BS unless he has some witnesses.
yeah, there were 2 witnesses....