G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

This will be my last Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking back, i never test drove any G or 350Z. I was just set of getting it and looking for the right color (wife will only agree on Athens Blue) so i drove all the way to Connecticut coz they are the only one who has one at that time and signed the contract as soon as I got there without driving it.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
hey man i can vouch for all you guys complaining, i've had my center console armrest replaced 3 times due to squeaking, the glove box replaced twice for rattles, the air vents lined with felt tape and door speakers adjusted. its a pain, especially when coming from a mustang gt and thought i'd be saved by a japanese luxury car. dont get me wrong, i still love my car but for 35K, not something that should happen.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by chilibowl
A lack of consistensy? Do you know how many g35 coupes have been built over the span of 3 years? Id say about roughly 50,000. You know roughly about how many have SERIOUS rattles? NOT TOO MANY. Seriously people, stop fvcking bitching about rattles, its a DAMN CAR. Do you know how many DAMN parts, bolts, nuts, panels make up a DAMN car. A car is a moving object, affected every single time you take it out of that drive way, by every day wear and tear. A car will survive thru snow, rain, you name it, it will most likely survive thru it. Most cars last 10-15 years, does that not amaze you? How basically a piece of metal put together by nuts, bolts, and many other things survives every single days wear and tear? Honestly, have you ever seen a car being built? It is truly amazing, of how far our technology has come. Seriously people, man (or woman) the fvck up and get used to the rattles, or fix em yourselves but stop complaining. Its a car for gods sake.
Look..he's right...I used to work for a dealership. I worked on squeek and rattles all day sometimes. Every car company has its squeaks and rattle. Some more then others. Some you can fix and some you have to live with because trust me...You don't want some lube guy at a dealer tearing you G35 apart. Squeaks and rattles are stupid jobs the line guys don't want to do so you're going to get a rookie working on your squeak and rattle. Fix it yourself or turn up the stereo. It's unfair to say that you will never by a G35 again. Hondas have transmission problems...I rather have a rattle then transmission problems. (used to work for Acura)

Old 03-31-2006, 02:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C'mon ladies cant we just get along hahaha

Old 03-31-2006, 03:01 AM
I like reading these threads because it's always somebody going 'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, i can't stand this rattle. waaaaaaaaaaaah, my sunroof rattles, waaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah'

hehe

Old 03-31-2006, 03:20 AM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
I agree that for a $40k dollar car, there shouldn't be as many problems as I have had with my '04 G. The problems are small...but they are problems that no one likes to deal with.

I've had my BOSE headunit replaced once due to the speakers cutting in and out. I already need to replace it again. I've had the rear view mirror rattle fixed twice (still rattles), the clock rattle, the passenger seat recliner handle, and some rattle where the headliner meets the back windshield.

These problems will drive any car owner up a wall...but I take a step back and look at what I love about the car. The value, the looks, the sound, the performance...overall, it's still a great car.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:37 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by FAST1
It's been a long time since I've owned a car that squeaked and rattled as much as my G coupe. I've owned it for six months and 3500 miles, and it seems that every week a new rattle appears. I repaired the rear view mirror rattle, the clock rattle, the sun roof rattle, and now another rattle has appeared in the passenger side front seat area. I don't know if it's the air vents or speaker. I also get the sound of air passing through the driver's side window when it's cold outside.

I know that rattles are just a nuisance, but to me they are an indication of a car's build quality, and the G is obviously lacking in that department. These constant rattles wouldn't be acceptable on a $10K Hyundai, much less on a upper $30K supposedly luxury car.
buy damn toyota if you dont want any prob... so quite you can't even tell if your driving(unless your driving hybrid)........
my parents own a lexus.... thats no fun driving if will fullfill your luxury that you want but not the power....
thats why i bought my G... lots of power and some luxury...

Old 03-31-2006, 08:41 AM
basically you are saying "loyality" or "words keeping" do not exist in your dictionary.

A man must keep his word to be a real strong man.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:56 PM
hopefully the new G35 will have better quality. what do you think guys, after four-ish years of teh current G35 and rattle noises, infiniti will learn their lesson with the new G?

Old 03-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
I agree that for a $40k dollar car, there shouldn't be as many problems as I have had with my '04 G. The problems are small...but they are problems that no one likes to deal with.

I've had my BOSE headunit replaced once due to the speakers cutting in and out. I already need to replace it again. I've had the rear view mirror rattle fixed twice (still rattles), the clock rattle, the passenger seat recliner handle, and some rattle where the headliner meets the back windshield.

These problems will drive any car owner up a wall...but I take a step back and look at what I love about the car. The value, the looks, the sound, the performance...overall, it's still a great car.
After nine months of ownership, I have to agree with your sentiments. Lots of little problems but overall it's still a fine car.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Move to Florida. My G never has a rattle down here. Seems like the colder the climate, the more rattles there are. Smooth roads, and no front license plate either.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Rattles? What rattles? I don't hear any rattles. The humming noise from the feathering of my front tires drowns out all other noises. Started around 7K miles, now with 20K, but I can't tell you if I have any rattles until I get new tires.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:41 PM
bjm
I just bought my first Infiniti, a G35 sedan and despite having 80000 km on it, it is amazingly rattle free. I have no doubt there are some small number of vehicles that rattle much more than the norm and the thread starter may have one and he is annoyed. Luckily, My car is exceptionally quiet.

I might add to the cold climate comments, I live in a harsh climate, -35C (-31F) in the winter up to 36C (100F) in the summer. Its really a waste of time to judge rattles when its cold out, at least what I call cold. At -40 I have had my car sound like the muffler was missing simply because everything was so stiff and nothing damped out sound very well. There isn't an automotive seat foam made than does not become rock hard at -30. The multitude of materials used in cars, each with their differing rates of expansion means that inevitably cars will make more sounds when cold. Not only do parts fit worse, they get stiffer, especially the rubber pieces. Motor mounts, even the liquid filled types transmit tons of noise when its really cold. As your car ages, rubbers and soft plastics out-gas and get more and more brittle even when its warm. Even rattle free old cars become generally louder overall as they age. It just depends where you are on the aging curve.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:21 PM
its what you get for buying a renault

Old 03-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I will be the first to say....

The infiniti G35 is NOT a true luxury car. Coming from a BMW I can actually say that there is a huge difference between the two car makers. Some of you who came from a Honda Accords etc. will think what you have in front of you is luxury, but it's just not. The gauges, roof lining, switches, key FOBS, and how the windows roll up and down feels like a 25K-ish car, which is nothing special.

Now, that I ticked most of you off, here is the good news. I didn't buy the car because I wanted something super luxurious. I bought it for the 298hp, 6mt, limited slip diff, awesome exhaust sound, and good looks. And even though the interior was not up to industry standards (high-end makers) it was a trade I was willing to make to get what I wanted (listed above).

And just for old time-sake here are the problems I had with the BMW (40K ish car):

The computer was replaced twice and the DSC (dynamic stability control) kept turning on when it got cold

The sub-chasis cracked (rear passenger side by the rear-end mount main bolt)

The sunroof clips broke every 6 months (pieces that connected the shader to the glass piece)

The wheather stripping felt apart during the summer time (common BMW problem in the summer time)

The seat belts did not retract

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This will be my last Infiniti